“Police Banditos”

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Police Banditos”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

got pulled over by the pescadero cops on the road to Cerritos Beach for no motorcycle helmet. outside of major cities this law is never enforced and everyone knows it. in know it because I've ridden over 20,000 miles in mexico on motorcycles. this is the first time I've had to pay a mordida (bribe). it was just me and these two fat cops on this dirt road and they knew they had me. got a 1000 peso's ($80) out of me which is extreme. 500 would have too much. they knew I had an apartment in La Paz so I wouldn't want to drive back, it was sunday, on monday to get my confiscated license back and pay the paltry fine. this is theft and the classic mexican corruption. surprising to find in such a strong tourist area. tourists fuel the economy here and the police choose to feast off the people that bring prosperity. power stupid. I also, in conversation with two different parties at the beach, I found out that they as well had the same experience in Todos Santos with two new state cops that are posted there. so I call on all the hotels, restaurants and merchants to take care of this because it's in your interest. bandito's, badge or not, are bad for business. word gets around that things aren't safe. other areas of mexico are insisting that they provide their own law enforcement and are kicking out the corrupt borracho cops because they've gotten fed up.

Visited March 2014

Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pescadero beach”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Pescadero area is a great vacation area on itself, but you will have yo pick your spot to stay. Most of the beach casitas are great, but remember to bring cash, they will not accept credit cards.

I had an experience at the beach surf retreat in pescadero with the owner, being my first visit in Baya California I was not aware that you have to pay upon arriving and the owner accepted a deposit for our stay without mentioning that I had to pay the total in advance.
The next he became very agessive pusing my wife while I was not there, not remembering that he omitted to tell us amount the cash payment ( I cant say why he could not remeber, but read between the lines).

Anyway we decides to leave. The rest of the trip was very good and I do recommended teh area but some times on bad apple .........

3 Thank RIPOU