“Wonderful Owners and Staff Offer Great Tour and Hospitality”
Review of Magdalena Bay

Magdalena Bay
Ranked #163 of 485 things to do in Baja California
More attraction details
Owner description: This grey whale breeding spot is full of activity from January to March.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend and I visited Magdalena for only a day in February 2014, since we had very little time and had to return to La Paz by morning. Although we arrived late in the afternoon and all the other whale-watching companies refused to take us out to see the whales, Marco realized that we had never gone out before, that we only had a limited amount of time, and offered us a tour immediately. He wanted to make our dreams come true and realized how much it meant to us. Our boat captain was incredibly kind and nice, knowledgeable and also works as a shrimper some nights. We loved getting to know the staff and whales and seeing this town.

2  Thank Lauren T

Reviewed February 13, 2014

On February 11 we took a whale watching tour with Magdalena Bay Whales operator Marco. It was FANTASTIC. The price was reasonable for the extent of the tour which lasted over 7 hours including lunch on an island. Marco even provided a huge serving of fresh shrimp caught that morning in the Bay and cooked by the restaurant for us. We were able to watch the whales close up including a few day old calf that was quite interested in the boat. It was wonderful to see the whales so close and yet not to impose any harm to them. Marco and his crew were totally respectful of the animals and their safety especially because of the new born. We also were able to see scallop and clam divers out in the bay and view dolphins and many birds. It was great value for money and I strongly recommend Magdalena Bay Whales for a tour.

Len

1  Thank Len L
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We spent 2 wonderful days with Marco whale watching. To see these magical creatures up close was an experience of a lifetime. I loved that these gentle giants are not in a cage or caught & trained but WILLING seek out the boats and human contact. They obviously feel safe and protected in this bay. There is no guarantee that you will see or be able to touch the whales, but the folks at Magdalena Bay Whales are very knowledgeable and patient. They have been doing this a long time. It is well worth the trip!

3  Thank Kerry R
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have to Say this Company is excellent....right from when they take your enquiry on the Internet to the Care and Excitement with which they Share with you The Whale Excursion.

You do not only See The Whales up close as they do their Very Best for you to Experience This, but also show you very many other Exciting Activities....The Bird Island, The Fisherman using their techniques for different types of fishing (we were actually given Freshly caught blue Shrimps to have for Lunch) our Lunch stop, which by the Way was Excellent too. The Sand dunes were Magnificient.....perfect picture moments......I would highly recommend A whale watching tour with this company especially.....it was well worth my 5 hour drive from Los Cabos. Thank you Marco, Miguel, and Marco's mum (lovely Lady)

3  Thank 59Farida007
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Spent two good stretches of time in Magdalena Bay earlier this year, such an incredible place. Go to puerto san carlos, lot to see and do there. My buddy and I took some extended whale watching trips with Marcos @ Magdalena Bay Whales and I highly recommend them, we cruised all across Mag Bay seeing countless whales and baby whales, bird species, dolphins & sand dunes. I am a photographer and I couldn't have asked for a better time. Prices for food/housing/tours were spot on, economical and straightforward. Make sure you give yourself time to cruise the town - there is so much incredible food of all kinds to try. Was a full on adventure exploring magdalena bay and I'd go back in heartbeat!

7  Thank w_walker11