Villa Manzara
Losta Sahil Evi(Selimiye)
$163
$130
Hotels.com
Masal Tatil Evi(Selimiye)(Great Value!)
$60
Selimhan Hotel(Selimiye)(Great Value!)
$70
$130
$114
Badem Tatil Evi(Selimiye)(Great Value!)
$71
Priceline
Uzum Tatil Evi(Selimiye)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeyhasanhousenaturehospitality
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Selimiye is a little paradise. I do not like too much to speak about it. It would like that it remains a hidden paradise.
The house is nicely decorated, simply but with taste.
The views from the terrace are really beautifull .
The swimming pool is not very big but enough to refresh.
I would recommend this house specially for families with kids.
Owner is a nice and friendly women.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We spent ten days in this villa (two familys). The house is very nice and typical.
We were well received by the owner and everything was done to make us good holidays.
The region is also very nice.
So we loved it and perhaps one day we'll be back.
Sorry we are french and perhaps they're some mistakes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank elise_calve
Reviewed May 11, 2011

David and Geri Plagemann, North Carolina, USA My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Villa Manzara. Our villa was totally furnished with everything we needed, from all kitchen neeeds to bedding, towels, etc. From our bedroom, we woke each day to spectacular views of the village, bay, and mountains. From our covered porch, we enjoyed our meals and relaxing in the warm sunshine. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to ensure our needs were met. The jacuzzi and pool offered great views of the mountains, bay, and village Selimiye. We would absolutely return to Villa Manzara for another vacation and recommend it to others as well. Villa Manzara is one of those one in a million resorts in the world...quiet, beautiful, and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geri20
Reviewed March 29, 2011

In a historical and natural location we had the most valuable vacation of our time. The two villas in a lovely garden with the stunning view of the sea were atourist paradise. The place was clean, comfortable,attention to detail. our hosts were very hospitable and considerate. We shall come again like their many repeat guests ( we met a family coming for the fifth time) and will recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Villamanzara
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I'm not quite comfortable giving this review as I really liked the villa hosts who were the nicest and most hospitable people ever but for us the choice of this accommodation was a big mistake and I wish I had more information about the place before booking it.

We booked one week in this villa after a week in another villa further along the coast. I need to mention that the price range of the two villas was the same as well as description (stunning sea views, all modern amenities, air-conditioned rooms etc). In the first case we were really content with the villa and were looking forward to moving to villa Manzara. Here the experience was different.

The villa is located in a really remote part of Turkey (we did want to stay off main touristic routes but this was a bit too much) in a small village with nothing to do. It's set up on a rather steep hill (that's how you get your views), the dirt road leading to it is very narrow and broken going through condruction sites and dilapidated houses - not a pleasant walk at all. We had a car and it saved us the walk but every time we struggled with the drive to the villa.

Beaches in the area are very poor. Some people are happy with just access to the sea but we prefer beaches like Patara or Olu Deniz, so we were put off. The "beaches" there are just narrow strips of land one meter wide at most with boat jetties with extra sunbeds stretching into the water. You have to swim among jetties and boats, trying to avoid being run over. Not our cup of tea.

Villa Manzara is not just one house - it consists of two or three buildings with a few groups of people living there at the same time. We had the first floor of the main building with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Other people were living on the ground floor and more people were staying in immediate vicinity. We were constantly aware of the others being so close as the distance between buildings was nothing and sound travelled really well. Good if you like socialising with strangers, not so good if you expected privacy.

The villa is a country house with all country-style furnishings, rugs and table cloths. We had problems with running water in the evening (probably everyone was having shower at the same time, so the water was running out). We had to wait for around 8pm to have our shower and still the pressure was bad and the water kept switching between hot and cold.

Another problem was the air-conditioners. One of the three bedrooms had no split unit, so it couldn't be used in August heat. Master bedroom had the unit unstalled on the side wall blowing right on the heads of the people lying in bed. The first night we struggled so much! We flipped over in bed (with our feet on the pillow side), we wrapped towels over our heads.. We ended up putting towels over the aircon - that was kind of a solution.

Another thing (especially for me as I have a phobia) were insects. On the first night there was a huge -and I mean huge- spider in my bathroom. The owner came running with a mop to kill it for me. 15 mins later there was a huge cockroach that sent me out screaming again. The next day there was a moth comfortably nesting in the bristles of my toothbrush. Everyone was laughing at me - I seemed to get them all.

But overall it wasn't too funny - with rather poor living conditions and nothing to do in the area we had to leave after 3 days though we had paid for 7. Also, to us it wasn't worth the price in the first place.

I strongly believe that those looking for country retreat or preferring agro-tourism may like it there but for those of us who want a plesant relaxing holiday on the beach without problems with water, aircons, insects, bad roads, etc this is not the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends