“Great Diving and Great Dive Operation”

Golden Rock Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated since 1994 Golden Rock Divers has a small dive shop feel with all the amenities you would expect from a world class dive destination without all the frills. Flexibility is our motto and adjusting to our customers needs and desires is how we can best ensure their satisfaction. Your safety and enjoyment are at the core of our operation and helping our guests to experience all Statia has to offer is our goal!
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Diving and Great Dive Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just finished a week of diving in Statia with Golden Rock Dive Center and it was great. Glenn, Michele, Kris, and Karrina are all very focused on making sure their guests have a great dive experience and go out of their way to ensure that the diving is fun and safe. They are very accomodating on the location of the dive sites based on the type of diving you want to do. The diving is as good as it gets in the Caribbean. Both dive boats are comfortable with easy entry and exit and plenty of dry storage space. Can't say enough good things about Golden Rock and I will definitely be back again.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank CTMcBeeVee

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving, excellent staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days in Statia and had a wonderful time. The diving is very good with very few lionfish. The boat went out 3 times a day and came back to the dock after each dive. The longest ride was about 12 minutes. The dive staff loaded your gear each morning, helped you don it for the dive ands loaded and rinsed it at night. They also picked it up and dropped it off at the beginning and end of your stay.

I booked my trip directly through the dive shop and Michele was very helpful during the process.

The dive boat is easy to to enter and exit with plenty of room.

Kris and Karina are the new dive shop managers and are off to a great start.

I would definitely recommend Golden Rock for both new and exeirienced divers. We can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Lynn G
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great staff and diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I dove two days with Glenn and Michele at Golden Rock and wish we had stayed on Statia longer. Michele and Glenn are great, really laid back and fun. Kris and Karrina had just started at Golden Rock and they were awesome.Lots of fun and very helpful.The dive boat was a breeze to exit and enter with plenty of room. The diving was excellent and conditions were great as well. We look forward to returning for a longer time in the near future.

1 Thank John L
Elizabeth, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great First Dive !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was on the island visiting a friend and her husband who used to be a dive master at this shop, he recommended I try the intro to Dive class and I was so glad I did.

This little shop was very laid back and professional even though we arrived late they took there time teaching us. We had Ray who took us down to the side of the dock where we first went under. I thought I would never dive in my life because of my anxiety and even while having a small one under water he quickly put me at ease by a simple hand movement telling me to breathe.

Second part we went out with one other diver to a 40 ft dive which was amazing even though I could not regulate my ears to go down fully I was able to at my pace come back up and enjoy snorkeling while my friend finished her dive. Now I cant wait to try it again even though everyone says this is the best place to dive in the Caribbean. I would recommend to anyone!

Another great thing was the dive was not rushed we went at our pace and had a great time!

1 Thank Jessie G
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Statia is known for it's diving and I learned to dive from the Golden Rock dive Shop. Glenn the owner is very knowledgeable and Kaylie, our instructor, was a very good teacher and made sure we were comfortable with everything we did. Both of us were very nervous and she took it very slow and never left our sides. What a wonderful experience! Saw sunken cannons and a green sea turtle!

Visited April 2013