“Professional diving center”

Scubaqua Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Scubaqua Dive Center is located in St. Eustatius (Statia) in the Caribbean. Spectacular dives in a protected Marine Park with a personal touch.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We did 2 dives with Scubaqua. It was our first time diving from a boat and with a group (well, 4 persons and 1 instructor) and it was a pleasant experience. They were very professional and the diving equipment was good. Also it was nice to be able to sit down and have drink after the dive as the location is lovely.
There are severall dives a day possible of course this depends on what you want and what you can (like you can't do deepdiving if you don't have done the course for that). The diving area is quite nice, but different from what I'm used to. I live on Bonaire and it is quite easy to dive on your own there.There are a lot of shore dives and navigation is easy. On Statia you have to do boat dives, which means you dive with an instructor (well, more like a guide) and other people. This was very different, but ok. There is quite a lot to see underwater, but the visability was only like 10-15 meters.
The only thing I thought the instructors should do more is remind divers to keep distance from the reef and the animals. Cause I noticed some were not carefull with that at all and kept hitting the reef with the flippers and such. Especially the ones with a camera were not carefull at all, to busy with getting a good shot.
Still, if I would go to Statia again, I would go diving here again and most likely again with Scubaqua, cause the experience overall was really good and the people were nice and professional.

1  Thank Diana F
"large group"
"smaller boat"
"take care"

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was in statia in September 2013, which is low season there; weather was great and the diving awesome.

Water is crystal clear, the reef are in great conditions, full of life.

The team is very competent, friendly and will make you discover their preferred sites.

The dive center is well equiped (showers) and you can rent equipment. 3 boats are available to take you to the various sites.

Whether you are experienced or beginner diver, you ll love your stay in Statia

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I arrived to Statia as a last minute replacement to vacations planned (and cancelled) in Egypt. I was wonderfully surprised by the island and the dive center. This diving club achieved a great balance between cool and easy-going Caribbean life-style and a highly professional, super well equipped, shining new (or so it seems) dive center. The team is welcoming, fun and passionate about diving. They made me feel right away at home. The dive sites are numerous, very varied and each one has it's own particularity. There are dives for every taste and every diver, from shallow to deep, from shipwrecks (yes, plural, more than one!), night dives, sharks, turtles, more fish than I can count, amazing corals everywhere... I will not forget my blue bead dive, a real treasure hunt. Ingrid and Menno love their blue beads so much, and talk about them so well, that this dive deeply connects you to the island's history (especially if your lucky enough to find some blue beads like me!) with a touch of caribbean mystics. Magical!
The dive center also offers Nitrox for no added cost and I was delighted to pass my Nitrox certification with them. I could sense that safety was one if their top priorities, but it is done so naturally that the pleasure of diving pervails.
The only negative thing I can say about my stay is that my diving standards are now set very high. I would definatly go back if I can. Egypt can wait.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was with a group for a week of diving in St. Eustatius. Ingrid, Marieke, Menno and Mike (and all the others) made that a wonderful, unbelievable and unforgettable experience!

The dive sites in Statia are very well preserved thanks to the fact that the island is not a mass tourism destination and to the fact that the folks at Scubaqua promote responsible diving: everything is there to watch, nothing to touch and this is well in line with my own diving philosophy. Apart from your group, nobody will be diving on the sites where you are on a given day and, believe me, that makes a huge difference: the marine life is much richer than anywhere else.

Also, very important, the guys (and girls) at scubaqua make everything work like a swiss clock but they are NEVER in a hurry, NEVER upset, NEVER impatient. They keep repeating: "you're on holiday, relax and enjoy!" and so it is. I could never thank them enough for turning a diving holiday into a diving lifetime experience. Also to be fair, Statia does not offer much more than (fantastic) diving, but if this is what you are after... well..."relax and enjoy!" Absolutely recommended!