The Old Gin House(St. Eustatius)
$230
Belle Mont Farm(Basseterre)
$202
Ocean Terrace Inn(Basseterre)
$129
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$225
$229
Marriott Hotels
$158
$127
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
$132
$120
Timothy Beach Resort(Frigate Bay)(Great Value!)
$148
$122
$400
Hyatt.com
All reviewsgreat viewdive shopupper townlauracatspetsdustparadisesurfsoundhabitatstatiadivingproximityhillside
Reviewed May 5, 2015

I choose this hotel because of the good reviews on tripadvisor. And yes the location is excellent in front of the beach, which might be the only one on Statia good for swimming. The town and harbour are both in walking distance. My room was large and the aircon was working very well. The bed was comfy (new matress I was told by the manager). The breakfast was nothing outstanding. I ate one evening and I found the food just okay and overpriced (the other night I went to SuperBurger in town, which was delicious). The kitchen of the hotel (which must be accessed if you want to pick-uo a drink, water etc.) is not very clean and there is a latent smell of the three large dogs. Overall I can recommend this hotel for one or two nights, but do not go if you a hygiene fanatic. And: The hotel price level is not on the cheap side. Tip: The excursion to the atlantic side of the island is worth renting a car.

Room Tip: with air con
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank Doffa
Reviewed April 5, 2015

When we go back we will stay in the same room again, remember that as you read the rest of the review. These innkeepers are elderly. They built the entire place pretty much with their own hands. The rooms are large and we had a great covered porch with a direct close view of the beach below us. The maintenance is amateur and the cleaning is lacking. There is Wifi, and hot running water and plenty of room. When I stay there next time I will start by cleaning and mopping my entire place. They try, but they are just old. Its like staying with elderly parents. Oh something else, its best if you love animals like we do. There are three lovable but huge Great Danes. There are friendly cats. There are large macaws, that fly great arcs about the porches and sometime land on the railing to have their picture taken. Your living in Tarzan's house. The owner cooks quite well in that in a former life they owned and ran a fashionable restaurant on Long Island, New York. Apparently the movers and shakers of America ate at their restaurant. They will feed you breakfast, lunch and dinner. No menu, just a question. "Who you like rib roast or flank stake for dinner. What kind of sauce would you like with that? Don't mind the cat, she likes to sleep on top of the refrigerator." The owners are lovely people. If you are tired of the high rise cookie cutter hotel, there aren't any on this island anyway, stay here. It's an adventure, it's memorable, and you like us may find that you love it.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bigtrek
Reviewed February 23, 2015

1. You are an animal lover- as dogs, cats and macaws will be your joyful and affectionate companions during your stay.
2. You are a people lover and place coming to know at least two of the most kind and gracious hosts on this planet- Win and Laura.
3. You also enjoy getting to know wonderful fellow guests- as the kind of people attracted to Win and Laura’s King’s Well, are also friendly, kind and very interesting.

Laura and Win have created this combination Shangri La/Noah’s Ark on the cliffside overlooking the Caribbean and the lower road of Statia. In all our travels I have never felt more embraced by a place and my host and hostess. The surroundings are lush with tropical plants and trees thanks to Laura’s green thumb and boundless energy. The hotel and rooms are spacious and beautiful! True, there is much that always needs to be done in such a place and if you are a “picky tourist” you will find some dust and the stuff of life here and there to complain about. Don’t go if that is the case. Really, don’t. But the beds were comfy, the bathrooms large and tiled with nice showers and were totally clean (and I am very picky about the cleanliness of bathrooms.) Some smudges here and there on the walls and doors but shining, clean floors and gorgeous views from the deep and wide balconies overlooking the surf below. Win and Laura truly bend over backwards to be sure that their guests have everything to make their stay perfect. Each morning they would ask us what we would like for dinner and, oh my goodness, they created the most delectable meals I have ever eaten! Greek and waldorf salads, bangers and mash w/veggies one night, ginger chicken and rice, melt in your mouth chicken parm with homemade sauce, beef pot roast and for my birthday a seafood feast I am still dreaming about, complete with flaming dessert and smiles and hugs! And at dinner they would ask us what we would like for breakfast! Crispy outside, fluffy inside pancakes, veggie scramble, corn beef hash- 5 star dinners and breakfasts I assure you! Win picked us up at the airport, took us on an island tour, drove us up to the beginning of our Quill hike and offered to come back for us, took us shopping with him and informed, entertained and delighted us with his stories. Laura is my new hero as she has taken on those who would destroy Statia with toxic waste and has made a huge difference for the islands’ health. They both work non-stop to make their guests stay the most restful and delightful experience possible. Along with their great love of people, their guests, they adore their pets- 3 gorgeous, friendly sweet as can be, great danes- Old Sophie, young Cheyenne and 250 lb. big baby Alex. Yes, they want you to pet them and Alex will put himself in front of you as you walk so that you will pet him and make over him, and Cheyenne will bring you her toy to throw. but you will look forward to seeing them when you return from you island adventures. I think they may have 6 or so friendly and affectionate cats. You can ignore them if you wish, but we fell in love with Stuey and allowed him to sleep happily between us on our bed each night- just like home! The macaws are so beautiful! 2 are in a large cage beside one of the first floor rooms (where we stayed) and there were 2 times during the afternoon when I was trying to sleep after diving, that they started squawking to their 3 friends, one their “Baby” that are free flying around the island and come to visit each day. But 99% of the time they are quiet and so fascinating to watch. The diving was beautiful- pristine reefs, and the hike up and into the quill was challenging and totally worth it- so beautiful. But, II will return to Statia to King’s Well just to spend some more time with Win and Laura and their “family” again- They feel like family now to us!

Room Tip: Win and Laura will help you choose a room. They are all wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank crayolabarb
Reviewed December 12, 2014

The Kingswell is in my view the best deal on the island. it has a great view overlooking the only swimming beach of the island. It is on walking distance from both the harbour and the town. We staid in a large room in the front with a nice veranda. At night we went to sleep with the sounds of the sea. The place is run by Win and Laura, two elderly people who do everything to make your stay pleasant. Nice breakfast with eggs or pancakes included but also good club sandwiches for lunch. There is a pool and also free WiFi. For animal lovers on site Great Danes, parrots, goldfish and cats. AL together not your standard hotel but highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ron J
Reviewed November 9, 2014

St. Eustatius is not a resort island of magazines. It is the Caribbean as it once was... no casinos, no giant shopping malls, but instead beautiful beaches, snorkeling and diving, hiking, and people. King's Well is family owned with individually decorated apartments and hotel rooms overlooking Gallows Bay--it probably has the best view on the island. You will stay surrounded by birds and dogs and cats and the best innkeepers on the island. Win and Laura will make you feel as if you have arrived at your home away from home. Win is a German chef who can customize your dream meal...and you can help yourself to the honor bar while you sit on a gaily lit balcony watching the sunset. Laura will charm you with breakfast and conversation.

This is a place to stay with children--if you want them to experience the magic of hotels of days gone by--fish ponds and parrot habitats and swimming pools and exploring. This is a place to stay if you are an environmentalist or animal lover; Win and Laura work very hard to not waste and take care of all things living. This is a place to stay if you support local businesses and "mom and Pop".

Stay here if you are a reader--every room is chock full of books Laura has collected--she can discuss every one of them with you!

King's Well is a fun, magical place and there are few places like it left in the world.

Room Tip: You can request a room with or without air conditioning or if you are staying an extended period of time like I have, consider discussing an apartment option with them.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business