“very clean, friendly and cheap!”

Carleton Motel & Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Borden-Carleton
Reviewed August 2, 2013

my children and i stayed at the carleton motel last week as we vacationed on pei, i hesitated on the location and considering the price, i really wasnt sure what i would end up with? to my pleasant surprise it was a little outdated but the cottage style room was cozy and really really clean! internet was such a bonus too with a rainy evening and two pre-teens. the staff treated us like royalty! they called us all by name by day two and really went out of their way to help us, suggesting different places to sight see and things they thought would be age appropriate for my children. one of the cleaning staff even helped us pack up our car seeing us struggling to fit all of our luggage and bags back into the car! PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND IS THE PLACE TO VACATION AND THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!!!!!

Room Tip: if you have children ask for one of the rooms in the back, because there is also a playground!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank coline w

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The furnishings are old and mis-matched, however, our room had two twins and a single; which fit the four of us comfortably. Add in the fridge, microwave and TV and it's possible to over look the stacking chairs and 70's era wainscoting.
Thought being right on the main hwy would be noisy but with the A/C on, it was fine.
Corner Gas, har har. Great help from the ladies at the counter, who embody Maritime hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dutchbolt
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Spent last night there. The room was clean and comfortable and a good size with a kitchenette. What really got my attention was the staff. I asked for directions and the girl in the cafe brought out her mom who took the time to go over a map with me showing me the route and also showing me nearby swimming beaches. I grabbed hot beverages and bacon for breakfast in the morning and the woman cooking and the man working were equally friendly. The cafe has a real 'corner gas/Ruby's' feel to it. There were even 2 RCMP officers eating breakfast:) I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sunnydaze1111
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This motel is definitely showing it's years. Bed covers and linens are very old, paper thin.
The room had a large bed that was showing it's years however I slept like a rock (I also had been driving for 15 hours so it may have been exhaustion).
TV was available however not enjoyable to watch as it was outdated.
Room had an old couch, old dining room table, full fridge and full cooking facilities.
This is a great motel for a family with children as it is very spacious and the cooking facilities are a nice bonus. I was alone and paid $70. ((Can't beat that))
WIFI was very good in the room. This was important to me.

The owner greeted me late and processed me quickly. Service was very friendly!

Room Tip: My room had a terribly noisy fan in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jane B
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Me and my girlfriend just checked out today after staying there for four days. I must admit the first day there we had are doubts about the place, But after we settled in them doubts kinda drifted away. The room we had was very clean, the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. All in all its not to bad of a place to stay and id definitely recommend it to other people ,only problem is its quite a way from any of the major tourist destination places... and for the persons comment below we had cabinet for tv ,,each room must just be diffrent

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike79135
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed at this establishment and I was very impressed! I had read the reviews before I booked but went for it anyway. Sure it's not a five star hotel but it isn't a five star price either. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean and we were given permission to use the full grounds. Efficiency units were available as well as barbeques. Adjoining rooms were also very convenient!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Nursehope
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night before a week long biking/camping trip on PEI and it was recommended because it was located so close to the start of the ride. That was pretty much the only thing it had going for it. The room furnishings were old, like vintage 70's maybe. Considering the age I guess they were in decent shape. The woman who checked us in was not helpful and it appeared she just wanted to get it done as quickly as possible so she could back to whatever she was doing before we walked in the door. We asked about breakfast the next morning (the front desk is in the coffee shop) and she gave us incorrect info on when it would open. Either she didn't know or didn't care, either way, it was annoying.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borden-Carleton
9 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Anchor Motel & Suites
Anchor Motel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Bedeque

Been to Carleton Motel & Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!