“Seriously, number 2?”

Ranked #48 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore
“Seriously, number 2?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

It's the first time i have been misled on tripadvisor. I selected this place based on the reviews and its ranking, and I have never been more disappointed.

Other than the ambience that is pretty calming, nothing else would attract me to stay here again.

For me, the location of the hotel talks a lot about convenience. This place is situated on a small street, and requires at least 5 minutes of brisk walking to hit the main road. From the main road, walking to Ao Nang beach will require a good 20 minutes; or 10 min of walking to Nopparat Thara beach. To get to the main thoroughfare of Ao Nang where the shops and McDonalds are, take a tuk tuk, don't even bother to try walking in the hot sun. The only saving grace about the location of this hotel is that there are food stalls and 7 eleven within 5 mintues of walking. Now I can understand why this resort does not want to produce a map with its location.

I had the deluxe top view room. The room is sufficiently furnished. But the cleanliness left much to be desired. Black droppings near the towel hanger were not cleaned away even after 3 days. I even found a bug crawling near my luggage.

Breakfast was basic, with omelette freshly cooked on the spot, and cornflakes, bread, porridge and sausages laid out for your selection.

Late checkout indicated as a perk if you book directly is not true. Asked for late checkout and was told all rooms were fully booked. I verified it by booking a room via the website and guess what? All room types were available.

Really, think twice, there are many other hotels in Ao Nang.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelgoGetter

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Woodlands, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a 'thank you package' which was excellent value. 2 nights stay in upgraded room, 1 day 4 islands tour, 1dinner for two, 2 breakfasts, massage for two, a/p transfers..all for thb 6400. Attentive manager Jeab who was very helpful. Krabi was made beautiful by Duang Jai Resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jaybee12342014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place! Beautiful, clean, cozy, quiet.
Location. 1 minute to shops/cafes, 5 to the beach, 10 to boat station.
Breakfast. Everything you need. Fruits, juice, milk, corn flakes, tea/coffee, omlette, sausages and wonderful pancakes.
Swimming pool.
Idylic for couples and families.
VERY friendly and helpful staff! Hospitality is excellent!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrey S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel facilities is excellent. the design of the hotel is very unique, it impress me for my first step walk in. the garden and the restaraunt is not big but having its own unique design. i stay in ground floor and the room surprise me with its own small garden with a wooden chair! Not only manager but all the staff is very friendly and helpful, I really fell like a homestay back home. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Gooial
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

After reading so many good reviews on Duang Jai Resort, I decided to booked them thru their webpage. After that, we communicate thru email to arrange transport to pick up from airport (600THB) & other stuffs. Upon reaching airport that day & waited for about 15 - 20mins no one came to pick us up. :’( :’(

So hubby & I got no choice but to take the bus (150THB/pax) from airport to our resort . The journey was about an hour trip.

Upon reaching the resort, we were greeted by the staff & manager (Jeab) and also told her that no one pick us up at the airport. She apologized. After making the balance payment, the staff showed us to our room. The room was big & spacious and come with balcony near the swimming pool. Btw, we stayed at 2nd level so it's rather quiet...

Breakfast was okay as they don't have much choices...

There's lots of restaurants & food stalls nearby... So don't worry if you're hungry...

If you wanna buy snacks or drinks there's a 7-11 too.. And it's better to buy your items at 7-11 than at shop houses ...

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MavisT
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel was a great little hotel, 21 rooms, staff was very helpfull and attention to details like bringing an anti mosquito ring while we were chilling outside at night.
The stay was very quiet, even with construction going on next door, we did not hear a thing.
Great swimming pool with salted water, our own little fridge to keep our Sam Son cool and very modest mini bar prices. Great bed and showers, towels changed daily, for shower and pool side.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YannickGay
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This resort was a real surprise. I cant think of another hotel I have stayed at where I was more relaxed and felt at home.
Lets start by the location, yes its not beachfront, but believe me, you would not want beachfront in Ao Nang, its a very crazy place. This resort is only a few minutes walk to the beachfront, and thats the beauty of it. I wanted a peaceful place to relax and sleep, yet close enough to walk quickly if I needed to go out. But I found myself wanting to stay here longer each day, and looking forward so much to coming back to this slice of heaven after a day trip.
The rooms are in an "L" shape around a magnificent huge pool, that was so warm and clean.
There are trees and plants and birds singing, you almost feel like you are in the jungle.
The rooms are not 5 star, sure, but they are clean and comfortable, with a nice bathroom and shower, coffee and tea supplied along with a well stocked and cheap fridge. The are many channels an TV, the A/C works fine, and of course the beautiful view over the pool, which every room has. The trees also provide privacy so you feel quite relaxed in your room or lovely balcony, which every room has as well, with comfortable chairs and table to make use of, if you so desire. I enjoyed reading the paper while sitting on these chairs on my balcony.
There are many restaurants close by and also the street food is so delicious there. Also a 7/11 a stones throw from the resort.
Breakfast is great, usually two or three Thai dishes along with the usual buffet breakfast you find in most places. But the orange juice is the best I have had at any hotel in the world. I actually asked to see it and Jeab, the lovely manager showed me the cans of orange juice they buy, so I took a photo to show you, its divine.
Lastly the staff actually make this resort even better, I found them all to be so warm and friendly, I cant remember all their names, but Dum (pronounced Doom) and his lovely wife were wonderful, as were all the happy smiling staff, none more so then Jeab, the manager.
She is always there to help with advice or anything you may need.
If I go back to Krabi I will stay here for sure.
If you have any questions about this resort or Krabi please ask me.

Room Tip: Any room is good, there are only two levels, depends if you like ground floor or walk up a few stair...