“Can be more better”
Review of Buri Tara Resort

Buri Tara Resort
Ranked #51 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Spacious and clean room but bed was a bit hard. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was the breakfast. They served same kind of food for the 2 days we were there. Maybe they can change a dish or two everyday. Overall the stay was fine.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth A

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights on our recent trip to Thailand.

Staff- Very helpful and kind. When we went there our booking had some problem but they helped us out a lot. The front office staff always smiled and made our stay pleasant.

Location- fantastic! Very close Ao Nang beach. There are many good restaurants and shops around including 7/11 and other mega marts.Right outside the hotel you find find bikes for rent and taxis. Hotel is in a nice touristy area.

Rooms- Huge rooms and big bathroom. Clean and maintained fine. But housekeeping seems a little lazy as our room would not be cleaned as well as the first day. Towels and linen was clean. Comfortable bed.

Food- We opted for buffet breakfast and it was the only meal we ate there. It was just average with hardly any vegetarian options. I would suggest to book room only and go for breakfast outside, if you are a vegetarian as there were enough options for non vegetarians.

Spa-I got a massage done at the spa and it was really good and worth the price. I got a full body aroma therapy massage for 350 baht only!

Overall a very nice stay in a lovely hotel. It is the people who work here make it worth coming back to this hotel next time.

Room Tip: Rooms that open to the pool directly. Otherwise standard rooms are also good enough!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Booked through Agoda for 3 nights at 1300THB without breakfast. p/s: theirs buffet breakfast r less choice, there r 1 with variety nearby, check my fb post. Staff r patience and friendly, first my driver say he can stay w us w a extra bed, when c-ing the bed, he required a room coz he feel uncomfortable, cancelled and return the extra bed (not extra room) without any complaints.

Room not new, but big and clean. Room service r ok, at least a very clean environment after i came back from my tours, p/s: my friends having happy hours in my room, so a 'little' messy every night. Room c/w a freeze, safe box (quite complicate to use), variate program satellite TV, hair dryer, daily necessities, 2 bottles of water & balcony FOC. Acceptable/cheaper charged to extra drink & snacks.

We didn't take advantage of any hotel facilities, depart earlier n come back late, n straight away start happy hour in my room (drink/eating), except the LOBBY wifi, the most inconvenient internet access & a lot of mosquito at night. p/s: not the worst, i exp no wifi at JAPAN hotel during my april'04 stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hckok77
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Room: big, clean, had ants all over the place

Pool: nicely set out, slimey green stuff on the pool walls under the water (ew!)

Service: pretty average, I saw a staff member falling asleep in her chair at reception, another chewing gum talking to us and not overly friendly or helpful. Seemed like they were just mad about having to serve us.

There is only wifi in the lobby, in this day and age it is super annoying to have to leave your room (or even the restaurant or pool area) to connect to wifi. Breakfast buffet was large, but again ants were everywhere. Bed was king size and very comfortable, but if I come here again I will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed April 14, 2014

very nice hotel with very friendly and experience staff very comfortable rooms and nearby to the town i had a wonderful stay in this resort during my stay highly recommended and not forgetting good food too

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sssalh79
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Overall, the place is not what you expect. Staff is unexperient and getting a room with a "city view" means getting a backwall view. To me, the worst is to offer free wi-fi only at the lobby. You have to pay (per hour!) to use it in the room. If it wasn't already paid, I would definetly change hotels to have a more pleasant stay in Krabi.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AriadneSakkis
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Well, I've just got here, have been um the hotel for like 4 hours and I really wish i have booked a different one. The hotel is expensive and the rooms are not much. I booked a room with the "city view" but I'm acctually facing a wall. I twisted my ankle in the bathroom (there is a step that you can not see very well) and I called the reception asking for ice, well, 20 min later, no ice, so I called again and then they brought. I decided to eat at the hotel because of my ankle so i asked for room service... Well i do not expect ppl to talk a perfect english in thailand but ok. I called and said: coul you please bring me "this" at the room? The answer was: can't you come down and pick up? My answer was: well I twisted mt ankle, I'm hurt. And the lady said: oh I'm sorry but we're really busy right now. And to finish the horror show I'm sitting in the lobby right now to send you guys this review because the free wifi is only avaiable here, not In the rooms.
I'll never come back to this hotel and I do not recomend it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends