“Nice but not great”

Ranked #23 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
London
“Nice but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2006

We stayed in private cottage on the lagoon and the room was stunning -huge jacuzzi bath, outside spring water shower, huge room, huge bed and wonderful verandah - I cannot fault the room or the beautiful surroundings - close enough to the beach - although best to get a longboat taxi to one of the better beaches - the hotel itself wasn't the best I didn't think much of the pools and thought they were very average - breakfast was ok - didn't eat in any of the restuarants in evening - service was ok. Good 3 star hotel with fantastic private cottage rooms. If I went back to Krabi I would stay here again as surroundings and room were fantastic but definitely overpriced for Thailand.

• Stayed November 2006
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Tallulah23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2006

We moved here last minute in the second week of our honeymoon from another resort next door, and loved it straight away.

More expensive than some of the resorts in the area - but after trying a much cheaper option the night before we realised you get what you pay for.

Phenomenal surroundings of pretty, modern villas around a lagoon and lovely pool with a backdrop of amazing cliffs. From the moment we arrived we were made welcome and whisked off on a golf cart to our room!

We stayed in one of the superior (2nd floor) rooms and it was beautiful - breathtaking wooden apexed ceiling, huge bed, jacuzzi bath and outside shower, balcony overlooking the lagoon and pool. And (now this is a girl thing) so much storage we could have brought 3 times the luggage!

The staff were always friendly and helpful (though it was very quiet/few guests) although we only ate in the restaurant twice for lunch and ordered room service on one occasion, the food was really nice.

• Liked — The surroundings were beautiful
  • Disliked — The beds were a little hard, but hardly ruined an amazing few days
  • Tips/Secrets — Book taxis direct with the company from the street outside not through reception. And visit nosey parker's elephant sanctuary!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank lambert141
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2006

Me and my partner have recently got back from 3 nights in Bangkok and 7 nights in Krabi, Ao Nang. We found this hotel online on Sawadee (---) and paid £75.00 per night on a B&B basis which was worth every penny. The hotel is set in it's own lagoon with the backdrop of a gorgeous limestone cliff, and has 3 swimming pools, and a shortcut dirt track down to the beach. It's down a small side road off the main road in Ao Nang and it's very central and convient for everything there.
We stayed in a Deluxe Cottage which is the top level of the cottages with a view of the lagoon. It was very spacious (70 sq m) and modern, with a massive bed (a bit hard though!) and we had a spa bath and outside shower (which was a bit cold but bearable!). The bath has a shower attacthment on it if you don't like the idea of the outside one even though no one can see you. The room had TV/DVD player, A/C , and we had our own private balcony overlooking the pool. The pictures on the website do it justice, there is no airbrushing it's quite simply as gorgeous as it looks!
The hotel and it's surroundings are so peaceful it's hard to describe and give it justice really! The staff are beyond friendly and helpful, and very, very polite. The breakfast there was typical of Thailand, i.e. you don't get the selection you maybe would in other countries.
We had 1 evening meal and a few lunches there, none of which I can fault. The service is a bit slow but again that seemed typical of everywhere we went to eat. I would describe the rooms and surrounding as a 5*, but the service sometimes as 3* but I think thats the way it goes in Thaiand though
Ao Nang itself is beautiful small town with lots of restaurants, and tour companies to chose from. There are also countless Thai Massage places which we tried a few of and the best one we found was called Ban Lay. An hours back and shoulder massage was only £3.00! There are plenty of shops and knock of designer stuff if thats what you're looking for- we got 10 CD's for £15.00!
We did 2 day trips, 1 out to the Phi Phi Islands which are gorgeous. Our trip included a stop at Maya Bay (where they filmed the Beach) and a lunch stop in Phi Phi town. The 2nd tour we did was Elephant Trekking at the Nosey Parkers Elephant Camp which we would recommend highly. The main tour guide spoke very good English and was quite funny too, and they keep the Elephants well too.
We went in 'rainy' season so things are a bit cheaper. The last day and a half we were there it rained all day long but it was still hot!
We decided to write this review as we couldnt find any on here before we went and we wanted other people to know what a wonderful little hotel this is. I would highly recommend it to couples more than families, as it does lack child facilities and I think it's more aimed at couples anyway.
If I went to Krabi again I would stay here without a doubt!

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

I have just came back from Krabi, really enjoy my stay at Peace Laguna. The view from the resort is magnificent. You will be seeing a rock mountain, the moment you step into the lobby(the view is exactly what you see from the website). The staffs are very friendly but not able to speak much english. I requested a sewing kit during my stay with no avail as the staff do not understand what's that mean.

The room is big and cosy, I esp love the bath room. I stayed a deluxe room that come with outdoor shower and a whirpool (its big enough for two). The room was relatively clean but can be better. The house keeping did not scrub off the algae growing on the outdoor bath flooring and hairs and sands were not cleared too. The TV was a bit small for a big room, not much of english channel but there's a dvd player where you can get some movies on the street. The room I am staying is facing the pool, I think thats the best location as compared to the rest. There are rooms which either face the other cottages or a lotus pond.

The superior rooms located at the ground floor, best located rooms are by the pool.
I think superior rooms are good enough as there are not much of a different compare to the deluxe, unless you prefer higher floor, dvd player or like to soak yourself in the whirlpool. There are a few rooms facing the lotus pond... hmm... some people might like it though but a no no to me. The ponds are not really well kept, I am afraid of mosquitoes and full bunch of toads will sing during the night.

The private cottages are not so private after all... not worth spending the extras for that. All cottages facing the lagoon, some of the cottages are facing the lagoon directly opposite the lobby offers no privacy at all unless you pull down the blind. There will be a someone singing(not every night) at the lobby lounge directly opp the cottages, than you can sit at the terrace enjoy a romantic night under the stars.

There are a total of 3 pools in the resort not many people use it during my stay as it is low season. The sundecks are more than enough during low season as not many occupancy. They should change the sunshades as most of it were torned. Activity in the resort is close to 'Zero' all I did was sunbathing and swim in the pool. This place is meant for couples wanting to spend a quiet vacation. They have a variety of books at the reception that you can borrow during your stay. Not a fantastic breakfast limited choices but enough.... There are lots of houseflies sharing the breakfast with you, so you will be pretty busy eating and chasing away the flies. I even saw a poor little fat fly drown in a pool of ham. I didnt eat in the restuarant so no comment on that.

The resort is just a few mins walk to the ao nang streets where you can shop and dine. Do remember to bargain.... the entire street are selling similar stuffs so you can easily compare the rate. There's a seafood restuarant at the end of Nopparat Thara Beach (near the pier) selling cheap and fresh seafood. There are 2 restuarants side by side, go to the one that has more customers. The boss is a chinese guy wearing glasses, he's alway at seafood counter. Travel there by tuk tuk, 20bht per pax its about less than 10mins drive from ao nang. If you like massage, there's one just outside the resort name "Original Thai Massage" it cost 250bht for an hour. There are plenty of massage palour but not all are good, I have tried a few and find that this one is still the best.

I will definately come back to Peace Laguna !!!!!

26 Thank gen