We booked two superior rooms for four nights in late July. The rates we paid were very reasonable, and the rooms themselves were spacious and with very comfortable beds, but we couldn't help feeling there is room for improvement throughout the resort.
On several occasions my room card stopped working, and I had to approach the front desk to reactivate it (we had a single booking for the whole stay, so can't understand why it would just stop working halfway through). One of the rooms next to us had uneaten room service left outside the door early one afternoon, which the following morning was still outside the door (minus most of the food, which we can only assume had been scavenged by some of the local wildlife, or another hungry guest while passing by).
On the upside, the hotel is centrally located along a strip of bars and restaurants in Ao Nang. There is a path to the beachfront, and the terminal where longboats leave to the nearby islands, including Railay, is very close.
While not the hotel's fault as it applied to all of Ao Nang on the day, rooms were without power for most of the day. They did however had power running in the reception area, which meant the wi-fi was still active (rather important on a day when it rained non-stop). From experience this happens often in Thailand so be prepared for the occasional day-long brownout.
On the downside, the check-out process was a disaster, a large family was in the process of checking in and the single staff member we saw on duty was actively trying to secure copies of all fifteen passports. I waited, then waited, then waited to check out, and eventually gave up, leaving my room cards on the desk, so am hoping they realise I'm longer there.
As my summary title says, the rooms are good value, but so they should for a three star resort. With the current situation in Thailand, if you're willing to spend a bit more, there are much nicer resorts in the area that will live up to your expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang