“Discovery Krabi package?? Pls avoid!!”

Peace Laguna Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am not sure how many tourist have been cheated like us after booked Discovery Krabi package which was offered in hotel official website.Though the hotel claims kids are free but they took extra THB 1000 for my 3.5 yr old baby for 4 island tour, which was complementary in the package. After check in 1st day we wanted to go for the 4 island trip bt they said not possible as we had to book it earlier.Next day when we came for our breakfast then they informed us the trip has been cancelled due to bad wheather, without having a minimum responsibility to inform early in the morning. We ask for the refund but they did not agree claiming that it was complementary. For THB 1000 , which we paid extra they gave a dinner.We came out from the hotel and saw a van was standing and carrying the tourist, may be who payed for the tour seperately.Thank god that we had enough money, we booked 4 island tour from outside agency.This package also include complimentary fruit basket , which we finally got just before we checkd out and that to after twice asking in the reception. My suggestion to the traveller please do not book any such kind of packages and my request to Peace Laguna Management please stop doing business like this.

Room Tip: We stayed in superior cottage which was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sra8
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your review. After i have received your comment. I will immediately refer your case to person who in charge. I have found that in our official website our Discovery Krabi Package is applicable for 2 persons. Extra person is supplement charge THB 1,000 including extra bed and excursion.
During June is our monsoon season. If the weather is horrible, all day trip companies might cancelled the trip according to guest safety issue. However, you can change the day trip to "Spa or dinner". For complimentary fruit basket. We set up upon arrival date.
I deeply apologize if there is some misunderstanding or incorrect communication.
We assure you that we will look after all detail provide in our official website or our promotion.

Repeat thanks for your suggestion and comment.

More information or assistant please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. I'm very happy to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Peace Laguna Resort and Spa

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in superior cottage room. The resort has the best view oversea the limestone and lakes surrounding, with 3 swimming pools. The room is huge , bath room is big with big bath tub, the bath room also attached with other side of rain shower, for those back from beach. But try not to open the door in balcony too much as there are plenty of mosquito. Everything in the room is fine except the old TV that's doesn't match the room concept. Breakfast is so so, should be more choices according to the standard of resort, wifi only available in lobby, the resort do serve complimentary hi tea in the afternoon. Location wise is great, walk out from the resort you can see shops, restaurants and Starbuck, Mcdonald is just nearby. The resort also make a short cut gate access to the beach. Overall, the advantage of the resort is the view but it can be better to match the standard of the resort. It was a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ngsiewcheng
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Ngsiew Cheng,

Thank you so much for your share travel experience with us. I'm very happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant one. You have stayed in our Superior Cottage. Of course, our TV is quiet dated. However, our hotel owner is considering to change to the new one. I hope that it will become modern and comfortable. Breakfast issue, i have referred to our Executive Chef, he will improve soon.

On behalf of the management, we are looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again when you have plan to visit Krabi. Send me e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

stay just over night on a Saturday as joining Family visiting Krabi. My family came to Krabi for holiday so I wanted to meet up. However, as raining everyday, I did not book in advance with the fear that I may not be able to make it. Prior to that, I checked on Agoda soI had a good idea what to expect to pay and my family also advise that they hotel seems to be quite empty during low season.

Upon arriving at about noon, I went to the front desk and ask for a room and rate. They told me the hotel is full in the rooms and only have cottage available and the rate is rather high. I told the lady that I had seen rooms available on Agoda and even told her the rate. but she insisted. I told her that I will then just book on Agoda for the standard room. At the end I got the room from Agoda and through out the nights, 90% of the room around me were all empty!!

I believe it's the low season so the hotel is not busy. Housekeeping came after I checked in to set up my towels. When first getting in to the room, the humility is ridiculous and it seems like there is no one occupying this room for a long time and certainly there is no attending to it all this time. Can see that the hotel is not good in the maintenance. I don't mind hotel getting old as everything does. But I can not pool cleaning and maintenance. The bath room tile have serious and mildew and the toilet bow as well. The soap dispenser is clogged so I can not use the bath gel. Luckily that I have my own.

The hotel is truly set in a nice environment with great view but with this kind of operation, it's aging fast. My family booked a Cottage and even at this highest category of room, there are scratch everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear madam,

First of all, i have to say "Thank you very much" for your sharing review and comment on TA. As you visited Krabi during Monsoon season especially on June. You no need to pre-booking in advance of course. I'm very glad to know that you enjoy discount from AGODA.COM.
Swimming pool maintenance, we actually have cleaning everyday. I will refer this issue to our Engineer who takes care of swimming pool section.
For soap dispenser, i'm very sorry for inconvenience may have caused. This issue will refer to hotel owner. We will certainly improve by placing bath amenities in the near future.
For Scratch in our Private Cottage, in this green season. We have plan to renovate by re-painting inside.

If you have vacation plan to Krabi, please kindly consider us to stay again.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Unfriendly staff and cockroaches in the restaurant.

Yes, it is a beautiful setting.
Yes, the pools are quite nice - though they could do with some maintenance
Yes, the location isn't too bad, close to the beach - five minutes walk
Yes, the layout isn't bad

Yes, it could be so much more but there is a distinct lack of maintenance. Every pool towel has more holes than Swiss cheese, bath towels have seen better days etc etc etc

Maintenance

Room Tip: Try not to book a water cottage - mosquitoes abound
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SingaporeVulture

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you so much for your review. I am immediately trying to take action about "Unfriendly staff and cockroaches in the restaurant". Restaurant Manager will improve this service mind and friendliness.
However, i'm very pleasure to know that you felt satisfy with our beautiful resort setting.
For maintenance issue. We have try our best to renovate and improve. We hope that next time visit you will meet your expectation in every respect.

Kindly give us a good chance to welcome you back again if you have plan to visit Krabi.

Next time visit, please feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I,ve stayed here 3 times as well as other hotels in Ao Nang. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. It is the most beautiful setting and the cottages are fantastic places to stay. The shortcut to the beach is really useful and the hotel is set far enough back from the main street to keep any noise to a minimum. Shops and restaurants are a couple of minutes away. Yes the wifi could be extended to the rooms but your on holiday so live with it, Will be going back in December and will certainly be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: Love the Superior cottages.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here in April, we had stayed at hotels in Ao Nang before, but Peace Laguna was always a hotel I wanted to try. I read previous reviews about being a concrete city. The rooms are concrete but all hotels are. A few soft furniture items wouldn't go a miss & a set of draws, but that's just being petty. The hotel is set in the east corner of Ao Nang with a pathway to the lovely beach. There is 3 pools but we mainly used the 1 near the restaurant where it was easy to get drinks brought to your sun lounger. There was a happy hour every night where drinks was reduced, as hotel prices go they was reasonable any way. The staff was always helpull & friendly & there was activitys & trips laid on all week, the trip to krabi town a must. There was tea & cakes every afternoon which was a nice touch & free wifi in the lobby. The hotel seemed like a retreat at the end of the day set in stunning gardens with a lagoon & limestone backdrop, would recommend to anybody & would use again in the future, next year hopefully. Thanks for a lovely holiday ;-)

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear James,

Very nice to welcome you with us again. I'm sorry i'm unable to greet you. However, next year if you come back i'm sure that i will a good opportunity to meet you. As you are our facebook fanpage. Next time visit, just enjoy special benefit. Please send e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Look forward to welcome you back next year.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The setting of this hotel is perfect. An easy walk form the beach and town but very quiet and secluded feeling. It has the backdrop of the limestone cliff which is just fantastic and the layout of pools, bungalows and landscaping is really lovely.

I bought three nights and got a fourth free through agoda.com so not a bad deal. Good selection at breakfast. Although I was in the basic room category it was still big, airy and clean. I'd recommend this hotel.

A five minute walk to the beach and you can buy your long tail ticket to go to Railay which is a fab beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Adrienne S

Dear Adrien,

Thank you very much for your nice review. On behalf of the management we would like to say "Thank you so much" for your visit and choose "Peace Laguna Resort and Spa".
Certainly, AGODA.com always offer you special deal. During Green season (May-October). We have launched promotion 2+1 Stay 3 nights pay 2 nights.

Next time visit, think of "Peace Laguna Resort"

Look forward to welcome you back again soon.