It wasn't a great start when we arrived. During the day, Ao nang doesn't look very much and I was a bit concerned about the area. (Worries totally unfounded and it turned out to be really nice)
The hotel looked lovely and was pleased with that.
Other people arriving at reception seemed to be getting cold drinks, although we didn't get any. We arrived at 12.45 and we expected to wait as check-in was 14:00. Our son's room was ready at 13:50, however we waited until !6:00 for ours and our luggage didn't arrive until 18:00!
OK, you have to laid back on holiday, but we did feel we had wasted the day.
The room was enormous, clean and cool. Our balcony overlooked the canal, although as it was the dry season, their wasn't a lot of water The outlook was really nice though..
This was the only place we went to in Thailand where we were bitten and terrorised by mossies. No amount of deet seemed to keep them away.
Our son had a standard room overlooking the gardens and we had a superior room. The only difference seemed to be the superior was bigger with a setee and we had dressing gowns. Not sure that warranted the extra money!
Both rooms shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensers and hairdriers and the normal bits and pieces you get in the bathroom.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was buffet style. There was a good choice and everything was constantly being replenished.
We only had drinks in the hotel a couple of times. The service was very slow and we didn't realise at the time that 10% service charge and 7% tax was added onto the advertised prices. We since found out that this is pretty standard, so if you are a first time visitor to Thailand, it's something to watch out for.
The hotel is about a 200m walk to the main shopping/eating area.
You can get to the beach from the back of the hotel, only a 5 minute walk. The beach is clean, but there was quite a strong current. You will be hassled by traders, but as long as you smile and are firm but polite, they do go away.
If you use the fitness centre beware.
One of the treadmills wobbled badly, the other one just stopped suddenly. My husband was happily running at about 8km per hour when it just stopped dead giving him quite a jolt.
There are weights but no bench. There is a 'block' of equipment with leg press, shoulder press and leg lift, but only one set of weights to it. We never did work out how 2 people could be on it at the same time doing different things with different weights
.All in all, the hotel and staff were friendly and helpful, although I'm not sure we would stop again
Only went in there once. The veiw from the window was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang