I stayed at the Peace Laguna Resort for 8 nights in January 2013. The resort is built around a small lagoon and has a mixture of hotel rooms and cottages. There are 3 separate pools and so you are never far away from one wherever you stay and although they were clean and well kept the surrounding space was quite cramped.
During daylight hours there is a direct access to the beach through a rear gate which will get you to the sea in a leisurely 5 minute walk. Out through the main gate takes you to the town which has a good selection of bars and restaurants. Peace Laguna is situated towards one end of town and so to explore all the options can mean a 20 minute walk or there are always tuk tuks available.
I stayed in a hotel room which was a good size although it had a musty smell and would have benefited from a makeover as it gave the impression of being a little tired. The beds were comfortable and the aircon worked effectively. Wifi was available but at a cost.
The inclusive breakfast was of good quality with a more than adequate selection of hot and cold dishes including breads, cereals, fruits and eggs. A nice touch was the free afternoon delights of tea, coffee and cakes at 4pm each day.
In general the staff were polite and efficient but without the normal Thai sparkle. A personal niggle was that I asked the receptionist to call a taxi to take me to the airport but she would not do this and would only arrange the hotel van which was double the cost.
Overall it was a reasonable place to stay but I would probably look elsewhere if and when I return to Krabi (which is a delightful place).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the middle of Aonang, Krabi, you will find our resort with a picturesque view of the famous cliff of Aonang as a backdrop, a peaceful lagoon that surrounds the resort and a short walk to the popular Aonang beach. Our unique cottages are well blended with nature that offers comfort and Thainess experience. The resort is a 4 star resort with 149 spacious and modern rooms and cottages. Our guest can enjoy our 3 pool. Our outlets offer all day dining with a taste of Thai and international cuisine. Time to rejuvenate, visit our Maya Spa for private treatment. Any occasions and events can be held at our Grand Ballroom. While staying with us, you are just few steps away to all the hustle and bustle that Aonang can offer. Shops, restaurants, coffee shops and bars are just at our doorstep. Only a boat ride away, you will reach the popular and famous islands of Krabi. Relax with us! rest at our hanging chairs, enjoy an afternoon delight while connected to social world with free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort And Spa Krabi/Ao Nang