Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$93
$67
Agoda.com
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$66
$33
$98
$95
Agoda.com
Phra Nang Inn(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$49
$39
Priceline
$60
$49
Priceline
1,036 results
All reviewswest beachgarden poolpranang beachlong tail boatwalking streetnew wingsuperior roombalcony doorduring low seasonair concouple of nightsstayed here for nightsmin walknice balconyhotel restaurantbreakfast buffet isnice breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

First of all, the stench other reviews describe is real. I awoke on our second morning at Princess, turned to my friend and asked "do I smell or is it the room?" "Its the room, she said and it only ggets worse if you stand up."

Also, had mild problems with the water in our room going out.

Had MASSIVE problems with our key not working. The staff wouldnt give us an additional thirs key, despite having paid the extra for a third person, and if they left an allegedly fixed key at the desk for us, they didnt tell the night staff where it was and we practically had to break into our own room. They are very strict when it comes to a two key at a time policy - even when one doesn't work, even when you've peft your key with the staff to fix the problem

The food was mediocre.

We paid the extra to have an aitport transfer, thinking they would streamline the process, but they didnt. Took twice as long and coat twice as mich when arranges thru the hotel vs arranged on ur own.

The rooms were ok, the pool was fine. Pictures online are better than reality though.

Oh and the entertainment was unintentionally hilarious! The guy singing at the bar didnt know any of the words to the songs and just mumbled or "la la la la'd" his way through them!! Ha. That was actually awesome.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Got standard room through Expedia for around $50... guess was expecting better from pics. The pics I saw show newer part of hotel most of which I didn't see, since I was given older wing of hotel, different from pictures including pool. Definitely felt separated from rest of hotel. Room had a mountain view and overlooked older pool area. Shower older, needed some work, shows signs of wear, needs to be re-grouted, water wasn't that warm. A/C condensation leaked onto chaise below it. Limited lighting. WIFI spotty and required user to re-login from a browser page. Good: Pretty clean. Clean sheets, towels. Safe for keeping passport, two bottles of free water, location… Railay is pretty small so it conveniently located. Although it is on the swamp side of the island (not suitable for swimming), you can easily walk to the two other beaches. Close to lots of restaurants, shops, and bars which are on the same side of the island. Only issue is if you have luggage to carry to or from Railay West (10 minute walk) since most likely you will need to take ferry, long boat, or speed boat from there.

Room Tip: Try to get new wing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We arrived in the beautiful Railay by boat (from Ao Nang for 100 baht per person). The boat dropped us off at the west side of Railay which meant we had to endure a 10 minute gruelling walk to the hotel; through Railay village, in the sweltering heat...dragging our luggage along the way. By the time we arrived at the Princess Resort I was sweating like a pig and dying of thirst; my face was as red as my shorts.

The staff in the hotel were amazing, that or they really felt sorry for me...they brought us cold towels to dampen down as well as a cold drink of somesort; not sure if it was alcoholic or not as I threw it down my neck as quick as I could.

The rooms were great; spacious, cool, clean with a massive double bed. Nice balcony which overlooked the pool facilities. The bathrooms are a little dated but more than fit for purpose and great value for money.

Location-wise; the hotel is based on East Railay Beach which is fairly ugly as it is mainly used as a docking area but like everywhere in Railay you're only a short walk from bars, restuarants and amazing beaches (in particular Pranang beach) so we didn't find this a problem.

We didn't eat at the hotel as there plenty of other places to eat in Railay, plus the breakfast was 350 baht per person which seemed a big steep when you can grab the same for 150 baht only a short walk up the road.

Tip: when you check out ask the staff to help with your luggage to the beach.

We would recommend this hotel, Railay is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Patrick D
Reviewed March 6, 2014

A nice hotel and staff are friendly. You must walk to get to the beachs, but is not far at all. The hotel facilities are average,but you get to use the pool from the other hotel which is by the beach. (We regret we didnt stay there instead). However it was a great place, a lot of green, we had monkeys visting us on the varanda sometimes. The price is reasonable, but they could definitely improve the services and the breakfast.
We have been there in October 2010.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the secound floor, to apreciate the view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Firstly the location is amazing which flanked by two amazing beaches. We got a great deal online so the Princess Superior room we got was excellent value for money. Quite pricey otherwise compared to other places but it is Railay. Everything was fantastic, nice pool, a short walk to the beaches and other bars/restaurants. A bit of a pong coming from the sewerage in certain spots but nothing major. The room had a fantastic view overlooking the pool and gardens. There's monkeys and gibbons around and they did climb up on our balcony which only added to the experience . They're used to people so need to fret! Comfortable bed, clean and the only complaint was the smell from the shower drain. Again a small complaint and didn't affect the experience overall. On a couple of occasions the reception staff seemed too busy to even acknowledge me, made me feel like I was interrupting even though I waited until they called me to the desk and they made checking in to look like the most stressful of tasks . The reception staff's manner wasn't nearly as friendly as other hotels I've stayed in within Thailand but luckily the venue made up for it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple