“Excellent high quality dining and service - best in Ao Nang”

Jenna's Bistro & Wine
Ranked #13 of 314 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Thai, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Western bistro / steakhouse grill with exclusive wine and cocktail menu. Imported high quality Australian Black Angus beef, melt in mouth Italian cold cuts, delicious French cheeses, Fresh Norwegian Cod fish, Maine lobsters and freshest local seafood ready to please your taste puds. Home made delicious desserts and fantastic Thai menu satisfied Asian spicy carvings. Wines selected over 10 countries all around the world to match everyones palate and budget. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on fine dining style settings.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Best dining option in Ao Nang as far as we are concerned. Excellent service from well trained and very attentive and friendly staff. The Owner was always fully engaged with the patrons and friendly too.

We ordered steak grills and both were cooked as requested and had excellent flame-grilled flavours and accompaniments. We had the apple crumble and the chocolate fondant for dessert and they were absolutely delicious.

The wine selection – including a multitude of wine-by-the-glass options – was excellent and very reasonably priced by Thai standards (big luxury tax on wines here in Thailand – something to remember).

The funky lounge music created a great ambience along with the great general layout and design of the restaurant. Everything was extremely clean – including the bathroom facilities.

We will definitely return to this lovely restaurant when we are next in this region. Highly recommended if you are looking for great high quality food in a very pleasant atmosphere.

Prapakorn, Owner at Jenna's Bistro & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Mrs Suisse,

Thank you for your time to review us. It's extremely pleasing to get detailed review. All feedback is great, but when I see someone have taken time and effort to write about us, it does feel good. Especially when is from happy customer.

Thanks again & hopefully see you again
Mikko

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food is nice. Staff service is superb. I spent 2500 baht for meals & wine but they make me pay 500 baht for accidentally breaking a wine glass . I wonder how they come out with this figure & I have been to many restaurants around the world , none of the restaurant charge their patron for breaking a glass, furthermore it was unintentionally. I admit it was my fault & was ready to give more tips to compensate the glass but since they charge me for it I will pay lesser amount of tips.

3  Thank Dave G
Prapakorn, Owner at Jenna's Bistro & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your great comments about our quality of food and service.

However I'm really surprised of your comments about Bordeaux glass you broke at the table outside. Yes accidents happened and surely it was one of them, I doubt nobody break glasses on purpose in a restaurant.

Anyone who breaks the glass in our restaurant have to pay for it, “You break you pay” These are proper glasses not any cheap Chinese from supermarket. Real value of the glass you broke is 595 THB and we charge you 495 Thai baht.

Let me explain few things. Firstly we are independent family business not 5 star hotel chain which probably would not charge you for it and their glasses would be cheaper anyhow. We are trying to keep our prices low as we can for our customers, generating more turnover with lower profit margin.

Lets do quick calculation.
The promotion wine you had was 1250THB, cost price 750 leaves potential profit 500THB
Your food 1250THB, It cost about 550THB leaves potential profit 700THB
1300THB sounds actually pretty good, but by gross profit % its not good business. From this 1300THB of potential profit we need to pay salaries, rent, tax, electricity, water, gas, GLASS ware, equipment, table lining, cutlery, music license etc...... you probably got the point. There's very low actual profit.

If I would not charge you for the glass you broke, I would not make any “supper "on our table. Hope you understand.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just had the best meal ever, not just saying this as an off the cuff remark, it was fantastic the service spot on so friendly and helpful. This is the place to go for fine dining.

1  Thank Steve H
Prapakorn, Owner at Jenna's Bistro & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your review.
It is really great to hear your comments, especially as I know at there is many good restaurants in Somerset area ( been there few times).
Glad you liked it and hopefully see you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very highly recommended Restaurant in Krabi. The service is very good and the staffs are friendly and knowledgeable on every items in the menu.

Very reasonable priced.

Will surely be back for more visit.

Prapakorn, Owner at Jenna's Bistro & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi Edy P,

Thank you for the super duper good review and very pleasant comments of our restaurant. Will share this with our staff tonight.
Hopefully see you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We visited here after reading reviews on trip advisor. My husband and l had the set menu which was excellent value and very good food. My husband had the crab salad which he raved over and then the butter fish, something he had never tried before but was so tasty. I had the pork belly which was also excellent. It's a nice change after so much Thai food. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Martin C

Hi Martin,

I'm really glad to hear your comments of our set menu which has come very popular. I'm very pleased to see great positive experience of how TripAdvisor works and helps people to find restaurant they like.
Thank you for reviewing us.