Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
Hotels.com
$68
$43
  • Pool
Phu Pha Ao Nang Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$54
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)
$82
$68
The Verandah(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$45
$35
Agoda.com
Ananta Burin Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$71
$62
  • Breakfast included
Krabi Thai Village Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$61
$44
$76
$46
$80
$78
Green View Village Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$26
$24
4,095 results
All reviewsmonkey trailon the rockslotus courtfloating jettyshuttle boatthai restaurantthe club loungeprivate beachspa deluxe roomocean facingfree boatboat servicelow tideonly accessible by boatjacuzzi on the balconybaht bonanzawooden steps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2014

8 of us arrived on thursday 3rd july 2014. 4 adults and 4 kids. It was brilliant from the moment we got to the wharf at Krabi til the moment we returned to the wharf 4 days later. The staff were friendly and very helpful and nothing was to much trouble for them. The floating jetty was I must admit a bit daunting at first but I did find it quite a bit of fun and a laugh. The kids thought it a hoot. The staff were there to help us on and off the boat. The day we left the seas were quite rough but they were there helping everyone get on board safely. I was so amazed that they didn't loose our luggage. It was all good.
The wildlife was truely amazing. We saw squirrels, a lace monitor eating a fish and of course the monkeys. The monkeys are very cute BUT they are wild and should be treated as such. We saw many times stupid people giving them food. They were very mischievous and enjoyable to watch from afar. Our children stayed in the pool villas and we had the pleasure of staying in the royal villa and on our last morning at about 11.00 the monkeys were making their way back up the forrest when they decided to have a play in our pool on on our decks. We were all in the lounge watching them play like small children,pushing and shoving each other in the pool. It was wonderful to watch. We used the club lounge quite often where Dang and Sa looked after us wonderfully. We tried all restaurants and all get the thumbs up from me. We even went to the blue bar one night and the staff down there were great. Very funny night. They even taught me a bit more Thai.
We booked a tour to a temple and a waterfall and had no problems getting the boat to and from Ao Nang. We used the canoes, stand up paddle boards and the sailing boat. Fabulous fun.
Thankyou to all at Centara for making our holiday one we will never forget.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Vicki T
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Vicki T

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you and your family enjoyed your overall stay and it is always great to receive feedback on our staff and thank you for specifically mentioning Khun Dang and Sa in the Club lounge. These comments have been [assed to them and are greatly appreciated.

The wildlife around and within the resort is truly unique and wild and I am pleased this added to your overall experience.

Once again thank you for your kind support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I read a lot of review about this hotel and it is important for you to know that if you don't like wild life (monkeys) don't stay here and give this place a bad review! This hotel is in a national park and monkeys are part it's charm.

You will arrive on a boat and disembark on a floating dock. The dock looks scary when there are waves looking at it from the side but when you are on the dock it is no big deal. If you don't want to be at a hotel that you must arrive and leave via boat and floating dock don't stay here and give the hotel a bad review! (Please read as there are other options for getting in and our of the hotel)

My usual review

1) Towels were soft
2) AC worked great
3) sheets and towels were clean
4) lots of hot water
5) room modern and decorated up to today's standards.

The property is great! We loved it. We would definitely come back in a heart beat.
The pools are great. Free WiFi in lobby and library. Restaurants are great and service is grate most of the time as well. Did I say great enough times??? OK this was the best hotel stay I have every had. We had a ocean front room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony.

Other great stuff
- Free Kayaks to take out
- Free Paddle boards to take out
- Free Wind surf boards to take out
- Free sale boat thing to take out.

About the monkeys. They want your food... But they are harmless thought they make a mess all over the property by leaving garbage all over the place.

As any resort the property is large so you will need to do some walking. Most rooms have 3 levels so you will need to walk up and down the stairs no matter what (unless you are on the ground floor).

I notice the grounds staff working on the lush vegetation every day. I think they need more people to keep up with this work but that is my opinion and really should not be part of this review.

I notice the staff cleaning the south side of the beach every day but when the waves are coming in quickly stuff washes up on the beach (branches, rocks, garbage etc.) The north side of the beach that leads to the monkey trail is not very well maintained and the hotel staff should really pay more attention to it as this is their beach and it is a national park and should be care for.

Monkey trail. The hotel will tell you the monkey trail is closed as it is not safe. If that were the case then the hotel staff should stop using the monkey trail to come to work and leave from work. We used the monkey trail every day. 98 steps up, a dirt path (muddy sometimes) and about 150 steps down. (5 min trip over the hill). Great way to get in and out.

To the hotel manager. Since your hotel is in a national park and the monkey trial is part of your employees day to day path to work and back it is SHAMEFUL that the north end of your property and the monkey trail is littered with trash! CLEAN IT UP. YOUR ARE IN A NATIONAL PARK AND YOUR STAFF USES THIS TRAIL DAILY. I felt ashamed for this. I would also suggest that as monkeys make a mess on your property (garbage) that every employee take responsibility for picking up trash as they see it and walk by it... not only on the money trail but also in other places of your property.

In summary I love this place and you will love it to.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast buffet with your room. The food is great and you will eat breakfast at the hotel as it is a little work to get off the property.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PTwice

Dear PTwice

Thank you for sharing your detailed comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your overall stay and thank you for your very direct and candid thoughts, which we often wish we could say ourselves.

I appreciate your comments about the national park and the team and I often do regular clean ups along the beach as well as around the monkey trail. Our current challenge is the garbage is usually removed off site on a daily basis to a recycling plant in Ao nang, however due to the monsoon storms we are experiencing now the garbage contractor cannot gain access to the resort due to the rough seas. Therefore we now have to revert to burning some of the garbage due to lack of storage space. Be assured we are aware of the situation and doing our best to make it look more appealing.

The wildlife around and within the resort is truly unique and I am please this added to your overall experience.

Once again thank you for your generous support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife arrived at the resort on Friday, 4 July; checking in for 2 nights. We boarded into a speed boat from the jetty to reach the island. Upon reaching the shore, we were appalled that that the only bridge leading to the shore from the sea was moving up and down vigorously because of the choppy water. The hotel's website does not even state such possible occurrence. Definitely not a place to visit if you have kids, the elderly or if you have problem walking. No way it is safe at all to walk on that shaky bridge.

On Saturday morning at Lotus Court where we're having our breakfast, a group of at least 5 monkeys started to jump onto tables and snatching food from the table and tearing off sachets of sugar. Such sudden "attacks" we're very shocking and many guests left hurriedly. I understand that the island is a natural reserve for the monkeys. But again, the hotel website doesn't state how dangerous the situation is.

I went back to my room. At noon, I ordered in-dining pizza. When the butler delivered the pizza to my room, there are at least 10 monkeys who we're hanging around my room's balcony. These monkeys are obviously very hungry and they're hunting for food.

I locked myself in the room fearing of walking outside and getting attacked by monkeys. A few hours later, when no monkeys were sighted on my balcony, we decided to venture out of our room. Big mistake!

A few steps outside our room, we were cornered by a big monkey. I tried to chase it away, but it walked towards me. This monkey is definitely not afraid of human.

I screamed for help. It takes 10 minutes for the hotel staff to come down to our rescue. During this time, we were really petrified by the whole situation.

After the trauma, my wife decided to check out early and forfeited our 2nd night at the resort. While waiting for our speed boat out of the island, we witnessed another horror show.

An incoming guest, walking in to the resort with a bag of food on her hand, was attacked by a group of monkeys who tried to steal the food from her. One of the monkeys even climbed onto her and scratched her! When I quizzed the hotel staff why the monkeys are so aggressive, she nonchalantly replied "you are not supposed to bring food to the resort" - what!! This is not even stated anywhere on your website nor was this told to any of guests when we first arrive at your resort!

Imagine had we been attacked by monkeys and got infected by rabies!

Needless to say, forfeiting my night stay is the best decision ever!

Attractions place for a vacation! Unless you want to experience "planet of the Apes" real life!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Henry C
GeneralManagerCKBR, General Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Henry C

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

I was disappointed to read that that the wildlife in the resort was not what you expected.

I noticed that you have been a contributor to Trip Advisor forum since 2011 and the most popular topic discussed on this forum regarding our resort is the monkeys and the floating pier. I am sorry if you did not take the time to read any other reviews before deciding to choose to stay at the resort.

We are always looking at ways to reduce the impact the monkeys have to our guests but at the same time we have many guests that choose our resort because of the natural wildlife.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Yours sincerely, David Martens

Reviewed July 7, 2014

First thing you must know about this resort is that it is only accessible by a shuttle speedboat which the resort provides. This makes the resort exclusive, along with the tranquility it offers. And the facilities and restaurants available were of nothing short. They also offer daily activities like pilates classes and etc which they would display beside the pool.

We got the spa deluxe ocean room and it was amazing. Besides the daily morning making-up of the room, they came every evening too to prep our bed of which they even offered a selection of pillows. Breakfast was had either facing the beach surrounded by the limestone formations or indoors where we would be serenaded by a pianist. Though their variety was rather limited, what's interesting was that they had daily chef specials. We spent a day island hopping while the rest of our days were spent lounging by the pool and the beach fronts or in our balcony's jacuzzi. And you must go to their spa for a massage, they really loosened us up in all the right spots. To top it all off, while having dinner at Rim Saai on our last night, we were serenaded by two lovely guitarists, it was so romantic. Our stay albeit a short one was a really amazing and memorable one. Really thankful for the experience I had here.

Do note to make bookings for their shuttle speedboats if you're planning on heading out. And boil water only with their bottled water.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jtjyy

Dear jtjyy

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at our resort.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your overall stay and yes our location is quiet unique.

I am happy to see you enjoyed Roberto our pianist at breakfast time and the chefs daily a la carte breakfast specials as well as our roaming musicians in the evening.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in Aug '12..the place if indeed heaven with very good view of the rock in the middle of the sea...

The boat ride to the Ao nang town itself is an adventure ..i loved walking on the moving platform to the boat...

Room Tip: The room i had was with private jacuzi but unfortunately did not have a clear view of sea as there were trees around....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Husain_Natalwala

Dear Husain_Natalwala

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us in August last year.

It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay and thank you for acknowledging the efforts of the chefs with the variety & quality we have in our four restaurants.

Once again thank you for your support and recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Krabi.