I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in October. This place left a sour taste in our mouth and did but a downer what was a great honeymoon in Thailand. Agree with other reviews that the hotel is situated in a beautiful setting but the negatives did out way the positives.
Me and my wife got dropped off at the pier from arriving at Krabi airport. We waited for the hotels speedboat to take us to the hotel. When arriving at the hotel you have to get to dry land by a floating jetty. That was an experience and a half, no good for anyone with mobility problems, my wife went flying and could of easily injured herself.
The check in was far from smooth. It took us 2 hours before we were able to go to our room which I thought was unacceptable. When getting escorted to our room we were taken to the wrong one, after some confusion we were taken to the correct room. On walking to the room we walked past what I would describe as a large industrial generator which was situated next to our block. This blasted out black fumes and made a loud sound. This took the shine off the excitement when getting to our room as the only thing you could hear was the annoying generator, even when closing the room doors.
The room was spacious and in a private part of the hotel. The view was good but the sea was blocked by a number of palm trees. The room was starting to look a little tired and one of the electric blinds did not work on the balcony. The complimentary bubbly, fruit and cake was not in our room but arrived 20mins later and we waited another 45mins for our suitcases. At this time I felt far from relaxed.
We reported to reception about the generator and explained there was no way of relaxing and utilising the large balcony due to the noise so requested to move rooms. The staff were not very accommodating and just made a list of excuses. The next day we demanded to move rooms as we could no longer take the noise from the generator. We did move rooms which was much better, not as private but the views were better and No Noise.
The service in the hotel I can only explain as comical. We waited 45mins one night to get served our drinks. The organisation by most staff was non existent and this got very ignoring as the stay went on. We ate in each day when chilling round the pool and the food was nice. There is a 10% service charge and 7% government tax charge on everything. Ok we understand as we always tip but really a service charge when you go to the bar yourself?? We went into the main town on 4 occasions and the food and service was so much better!! We would have went out every night to Ao Nang but you were some what isolated as you can only get to the main town by either speed boat (advance booking) or tackle the monkey trail (at your own risk).
What was also disappointing with the interaction between a lot of the staff. The place definitely lacked atmosphere. On the night the place was so quiet and there was no entertainment.
There were some positives, for example, nice private beach, lovely swimming pool, jacuzzi on balcony, monkey's, massages.
We normally stay at budget hotels so we expected so much more here but the budget hotel we stayed in Turkey last year with regards to service won hands down.
Would I return....not from this experience. If the service massively improved and the place got some TLC then may be. However, I would think twice before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang