My partner and I recently spent 4 nights at Grand Centara Beach Resort, Krabi. The resort was beautiful...the staff were friendly and as helpful as possible (there were few staff though that spoke english). The room was beautiful, spacious and well appointed, just as the photos had indicated.
The only problems we faced were on the day we arrived at the Had Nopparat Thara Pier we were greeted by a staff member advising the tide was too low for the shuttle boat to run until around 7pm that evening (approx 4 hours time). The only other option was to be dropped at their office just down the road and walk through the bush and along Monkey Beach. They took our luggage and delivered it later on. Luckily we took our carry-on luggage with us as we had a change of clothes so we could have a shower, change and enjoy a drink and dinner. Most of the other guests were still waiting around in reception until after 7.30pm for their luggage and still in the same clothes they had trekked through the water in earlier to get to the resort.
The only other problem we had was our room key was faulty. On 2 days in a row we had been out and returned to our room later on only for the key not to work. We had to then walk down to reception and advise our key was not working. They then had to reset and give us 2 new keys. Thankfully this only happened twice and not everyday.
The last negative was the food in the onsite Thai restaurant was not up to a quality I consider in line with a resort. I ordered a chicken fried rice and whilst eating the meal i found a couple of pieces of chicken that were not cooked properly, luckily i spotted these pieces and did not eat them avoiding serious food poisoning.
Overall the resort was great. The monkeys were a fantastic feature, especially the "Monkey Trail" it was the only way to get to Ao Nang other than the shuttle boat. We walked this trail a couple of times and there were monkeys everywhere. I probably wouldn't walk this trail at night though, even though it was well lit it was not built very well and the monkeys are literally everywhere and they will steal your sunglasses or hat off your head and take things out of your bag if you are not careful. I think it would be much easier for them to take things from you at night. Awesome resort, we booked through Expedia and got quite a good deal, definetely good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang