We have just returned following a 7 night stay , we are a mature couple celebrating our recent marriage ..We loved this place and would return tomorrow
Our room " ocean view deluxe" was spacious with beautiful view over the bay .Monkeys did appear every morning between 0700- 0800 , but as advised we kept our door locked ..and hence had no problems
Breakfast was amazing, with so many different choices ..could not have asked for better ..Service was great ..nothing too much trouble for any of the staff..always smiling and greeting us with a hello ..
Restaurants..yes as mentioned they are on the expensive side ..so we only ate at the Thai one night and went into Ao Nang on other nights..We did do the " Seafood " buffet night which is held Tuesday night..great value 990 baht / person ..freshest seafood..including lobster ..
Access..as per other reviews..it would be difficult for older people or those with very young children..but we are of average fitness and conquered the monkey trail every day and our best time was 8 minutes ..several times we returned from town via the beach at low tide which took around 5 minutes
We had no trouble with any tranfers to and from the resort ..but we did pay for tranfers prior to our departure from Sydney with our travel agent ..One tip would be ..change your money at the registered " money exchange " places in Ao Nang ..much better exchange rate than we got from ANZ Bank in Sydney ..
Finally we wish to mention a few staff who were exceptional and made our stay even more pleasurable ..May and Nouch at breakfast ..gorgeous girls..always smiling and made every effort to attend to any needs, Bua our house keeping lady ..once again ..smiling and nothing too much trouble despite how hard she worked every day and finally Chart at the Discovery desk ..once again ..smiling and helpful at all times
Overall ..we would highly recommend this resort ..all staff are worthy of praise..can't wait to retun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang