My partner and I booked the Centara as our luxury spend on our 18 day mini tour of South Thaialnd. I had spent alot of time on tripadvisor booking our hotels so kinda felt like I knew what to expect.
The Centara is as described: A beautiful piece of paradise nestled away in its own cove. Ideal for a relaxing stay but for a busy bee like me 3 nights were enough as needed more to do.
Absolutely stunning grounds set in own private cove. Transfer on boat was fun and arrival on jetty a good laugh. Check in and transfer to our room was nice and easy. Immediate reaction was wow ....... we paid for the premium deluxe so we had a great sea view and that we had. Beautifully nestled in the trees the room had huge balcony and beautifully decorated interior. Many comments mention maintenance required on many rooms but ours was great. The bathroom was cool with big rain shower and a huge bath big enough for the two of us. The grounds and pool were lovely and signs of updating evident. Due to its remoteness we ate at the hotel 2 out of 3 nights. The set Thai meal really was as good as we had all trip but as we expected rather costly(UK prices). We decided just to enjoy ourselves but a 2 week break would be quite a squeeze on the wallet. We had paid for the breakfast which was probably the best selection we experienced. The cocktails in the lounge bar thing downstairs were delicious but unfortunately there was hardly anyone in there I expect due to the cost. We made most of happy hours though and the girl serving in there was very pleasant. The service is most part was good but will mention few exceptions later.
A must do is Railay beach just round in the next cove - absolutely stunning. We took the double kayak but beware the tide can make it extremely tough and to add to it you get charged for going over the hour (free) hire.
There were large sections of the grounds & blocks of accommodation under maintenance. It really never affected us but the pool bar was just a make shift table etc as new bar being finished off. We never heard a thing though and I guess it was low season so the hotel is responding to the many woes of previous guests. Its isolation is great if you want to lay by the pool all day but for me longer would have been too quiet. There were no theme nights, shows, discos or anything which made for a real lack of atmosphere. You would expect things to keep people at the hotel. I was surprised they didn't have a small shop for bits n pieces. Even if they charged over the odds it would still be better for small purchases than paying bar price for water or carrying loads of water back from ao nang on the shuttle boat. I am sure guests would appreciate it.
Service at the hotel was in most part good but let down by a few young lads and a girl at the pool bar. Tbh we had been spoiled in Patong at the Senses Resort which showed us real exceptional service at a much lower price. The check in staff and waitresses were much better though just felt like for a 5 star resort it was definitely a 4 star(if) service.
All in all a good hotel in an amazing piece of isolation. If I could take that room and plop it in other parts of thailand i would but for our most expensive'splurge' the whole package just fell short.
stevie and emma - scotland Sept 2013
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang