We have just stayed here as the first part of our honeymoon. The hotel is in a secluded bay and is only accessible by boat or a short walk across the "monkey trail" which is a short cliff side jungle trail across a colony of monkeys which was great.
The hotels was fantastic with lovely villas overlooking the bay scenery and is in the middle of a national park so monkeys will come into your room if the door isn't locked.. We loved this place and the staff were friendly and helpful. In fact we hardly had to lift a finger out whole stay.
The hotel is self contained however runs free shuttle boats to town if you want to explore or go for diner in the nearby town. There is also the option of hiring kayaks from the hotel and just around the bay is railay beach which is stunning. We took kayaks out twice to explore and hang around these beaches. We did notice that all of the other beaches we visited including the beach at the nearby rayavadee and the beaches on phi phi were all stopping points for boat tours meaning every few hours an armada or boats would arrive and drop tens or hundreds of boat trippers off.
This hotels beach was the only beach we found that didn't have this, it's completely private and stunning.
The only negative we possibly had on this hotel was the restaurants. We ate in the Thai restaurant and the Japanese. We can't fault the quality of the food in either, they were both excellent. The only problem was the price. While by uk standards they were not expensive, compared to the food you get in the local town, for the same quantity and quality you would pay three times the price to eat here. They are lovely places to eat and are convenient however we couldn't help feel that if they lowered the prices slightly they would have busier and more lively restaurants at night. They hotel lacks a bit of atmosphere in the evenings as a result. This was a minor negative though as we combined eating here for convenience with the cost saving of traveling into town.
All in all a hidden gem in a breathtaking and very private location. Excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang