We spent 1 week and really enjoyed it. Yes, it is a little bit expensive and yes the dependence on the shuttle boat can be a little frustrating but overall the good outweighed the bad. Great location with lovely beach and nice pool. Our room was ok but probably slightly overdue a makeover. All the staff were very pleasant and friendly, particularly the towel staff by the pool. We ate several times at the restaurant by the pool and it was good. We really enjoyed the Thai buffet night but the 'surf'n turf' night was a disappointment.
Many reports regarding the monkeys on here and we had one morning where a group made a determined effort to get into the room - much to the delight of the kids! So make sure you secure your room properly.
We tried out the spa. No real complaints but it wasn't knockout service.
We tried the monkey trail over to Ao Nang. My 7 year old managed it no problem albeit carefully but it was definitely not for my 3 year old. I would say it's not for under 5s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang