I stayed here for 5 nights with my Wife on our Honeymoon at the end of August. We were lucky with the weather, as at this time of the year rain isn't uncommon.
The setting is great - a boat takes you through to the private pier that connects to the beach and hotel. We had a room set fairly far back with it's own jacuzzi and a fantastic view. The restuarants / bars on site were all of a good standard and had the usual selection of hotel food.
We really liked the area, Ao Nang is a beatuiful spot with some cool bars and restuarants. You can either walk over the monkey trail footpath (tip: if you have bags with snacks in make sure they're not visible, the monkeys will spot them and won't be afraid to try and pinch them, other than that, they'll leave you alone!), or you can get the boat from the pier. A favourite bit was getting on a tuk tuk back to Nopparat Thara after a few Changs with the wind in your hair!
Other activities we did were a day trip to phi phi and kayaking, I also used the on site gym.
As this was our honey moon I wasn't as focussed on value for money, so I can't comment on the experience in terms of price. But the hotel was great I'd definitely go back to Ao Nang.
Pros: location / setting and facilities
Cons: Access in and out of the hotel can be difficult
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang