We stayed here as part of our honeymoon & really enjoyed our stay. The location on a private beach is what really sets it apart from other ao nang resorts. It is also what may make it a no go for some people in that it isn't the most accessible for some people.
It is situated roughly halfway between railay beach and ao nang. Access via water:you can get a long tail boat to & from ao nang to the hotel's floating pier or you can use the hotel's private speedboat (free shuttle service available at regular intervals daily) which takes you to & from a pier near ao nang & from there you can get a taxi/tuk tuk to ao nang or wherever else you wish to go. There is also a monkey trail which is essentially a wooden stairs & walkway through the forest/woodlands near the hotel which connects the hotel to ao nang. This walkway is not suitable for those with mobility issues or for young infants in buggies/prams. It is lit at night which helps but can be tricky to navigate if you have bags etc to carry.
Our room (1066) was beautiful, it had an ocean view with a lovely balcony on which where 2 loungers, a table 2chairs & a sofa. There was also a jacuzzi which took a lot of water to fill but it was lovely to sit in it at sunset! On arrival we were presented with a heart shaped cake, a petal filled bath & 2 intertwined heart shaped petals on the bed!
The room was kept very clean, the nightly turn down was a lovely touch & each night an orchid was left on each side of the bed.some of the rooms are accessed via lots of steps so that may be an issue for some.
Breakfast was very good every morning with a great variety for all nationalities that typically visit Thailand. All Staff were very friendly throughout our 5 night stay
The pool was small but never seemed crowded during our stay, the loungers did however full up fast each morning. Plenty space on the beach though which was beautiful & lovely to swim in the sea.
We had a lovely massage in the spa on site.
There were lots of couples, families young & older there.
Con: the 10% service charge & 7% vat added to everything, even if you went to the bar to get an ice cream you were charged a 10% service charge. It made us rethink eating & drinking in the bars & restaurant as the prices were already quite steep but became even steeper with the added costs. We did have a beautiful meal in the Thai restaurant but the pool bar ( on the rocks) was only ok & we never ate there again. We found it more reasonable to go into ao nang for dinner & 1 night went to railay.
Con: free wifi in lobby but you have to pay for wifi in the rooms.
All in all a lovely hotel which I would return to but it is expensive to stay there & even more expensive to eat & drink there on a regular basis over a few days. Also for some the access to the resort may pose problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away in secluded Pai Plong Bay and surrounded by emerald waters and a luxuriant national park, this five-star beachfront resort is a tropical paradise for those seeking a romantic hideaway or a relaxing stay with their family. The resort instils an air of understated luxury with generously-sized rooms and private villas ranging in size from 72 to 399 square metres and offering the option of garden or ocean views, an outdoor Jacuzzi, or a plunge pool. Designed in modern Thai style, with high ceilings, spacious living areas dominated by wooden accents, stone features and soothing colours, the rooms and villas are calm oases. Accessible by boat only, the resort offers an abundance of opportunities to relax and explore. To name a few: unwind with blissful spa treatments at Spa Cenvaree, savour Thai, Japanese, and International cuisines at one of the four restaurants, enjoy complimentary water sports (kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding – the first hour is free), lounge by one of the swimming pools while the kids are kept busy at the kids clubs, enjoy carefree days on the white sands of Pai Plong Bay. With warm waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, the Andaman Sea is a tropical paradise for diving enthusiasts and those with a longing for more holiday thrills. The experts at the resort’s PADI dive centre provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers. Krabi International Airport is 40 minutes away from Nopparatthara pier which is approximately 15 minutes from the resort by boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi Ao Nang