“Do not stay here and pay crazy prices just because it is high season!”

Beach Terrace Hotel Krabi
Ranked #76 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We booked this hotel purely on trip advisor reviews!
We paid 4100 baht per night approximately £80 or 120 dollars.
The room is ok with balcony located on 2 nd floor the hotel is set back from the beach and not on it as led to believe!
The bathroom looks half finished as seen in pics I posted and electric socket coming off the wall, now I imagine not all rooms are like this but this is our true account of this hotel!
We asked to take a look at a sea view room with was another 1000 baht so around £100 or 150 USD it was no different apart from there was a bath tub with jacuzzi , the view was terrible!
We stayed by the pool for a few hours today and this is a nightmare if you have children, first the mosaics are coming off the sides of pool and are scattered on the pool floor this leaves sharp edges on the side and could cause a nasty cut to someone if not spotted ! The pool cannot of been emptied or cleaned for at Least a month due to the number of tiles on floor! I will try get some pics 2 mo before we check out!
I hope the management read this as this hotel is on a downward spiral if the manager lets the staff to their own devices! They seem to do nothing and sit around talking to each other all day! It takes approx 30 minutes to clean s pool of this size!
Breakfast is just as bad we do not eat here anymore instead we eat elsewhere!
I imagine 3 years ago this would of been a nice place to stay now it seems to be run down and the staff don't seem to care which is a real shame, what it needs is a new manager and to give current staff a kick up the backside and get them into gear!
I have said enough now and I will try to take more pics 2mo to show you what I mean!
We go to another hotel 2mo that is twice as big with bath etc 50 m down the road and half the price!
Management if you are reading this please listen and do something about it before its too late!

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Dperruzza

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is quite an average hotel with not much to mention, the room is small,the plus point is the unique transperent washroom, quite fun for couples! Their beachfront restaurent is a nice place to have breakfast and chill out. The hotel's selling point is its location, near to everything you ever need, restaurents, cocktail bars, massage parlours, convenient stores etc; it's great for travellers who hate walking!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YinFongChan
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having lived in Thailand for almost 4 years, working in the hotel industry for nearly 10 years and having stayed at 100's of hotels I can comfortably say this is one of my favorite hotels in the world. I take my friends, family and my girlfriend here and have been here several times over the last 8 years, never to be disappointed.

Now some people might have had different experiences at this hotel as like most hotels there are good rooms and there are not so good rooms. You want to only book the following rooms, if you can afford it: Penthouses (great no, amazing room with a view that you'll never want to leave), Suite Sea View Rooms (romantic with the 2 person tub), Junior Suites (great view and enough room for family/friends to hang out), Superior Sea View Rooms (good views of Ao Nang).

The other rooms are ok, but don't have the view and some have no view at all due to them facing inside the building. Which is why some people feel this hotel isn't always up to the reviews it gets. But if you spend $30 you get a $30 room, but for around $50 you get what in the rest of the world would be a $200 or $300 room with a view. As if you are on holiday and enjoy the natural beauty of Thailand and the ocean, then I highly recommend this hotel. There are other hotels that are shown to be nice, but out of the 100 hotel rooms those hotels have only 5 to 10 are actually able to see the water, the rest are all in a internal maze. Plus if you want to go anywhere you need to walk a long ways to leave the hotel or take a taxi, but here at the beach terrace they are right on the corner of the street/town and they are one of only 2 hotels that are directly connected to the beach in Ao Nang.

All I can say is this hotel is normally always full and all the expats and higher earning Thai's all love Ao Nang and come here for their holidays, so if you can book a room as listed above, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Penthouses (great no, amazing room with a view that you'll never want to leave), Suite Sea View...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank TRlPADVlSOR
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed for three night and four days in this wonderful place and I have nothing to complain about. It is NOT expensive but I had a cosy Thai inspired room with nice big bathroom (with bathtub!) The cleaners clean the room everyday and provide new towels, very basic but important. Breakfast is decent, but the ambiance is perfect! On my last day, there was a rainbow at the west side of the beach and so its breathtaking. I ran everyday along the shore (its approx 3km back and forth) and I swim during high tides!

The next time I'm in Krabi, i wouldn't mind booking here again cos its just cheap! I can afford even if I'm alone! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Booked this on a recommendation from a friend. I found the place simple, nice and clean and very handy for the shops and local restaurants. The room was comfortable with a good balcony. They have a nice large flat screen tv but virtually nothing to watch on it (ie no TV channels). Bathroom very clean and fresh. Good shower.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Very good wifi internet around the hotel all free.
Its set back further from the beach than I expected but was ok. The restaurant is nicely situated overlooking the beach giving a warm romantic feel to the place. Cocktails were cheap at Bt100 each during happy hour. Their food wasnt anything special but prices were reasonable (We are a great lovers of good thai food). We found much better food across the road from the hotel in a place called "Potjawan".
Could find very little to complain about with Beach Terrace. Corridors and elevators leading to the rooms were pretty basic but we dont live in them so not a problem :).
Would definately recommend the place for anyone wanting reasonable prices accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giles202
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in 4th level sea view room..Its was very spacious and naturally well ventilated..The room was neat and clean..Worth for the money spent..Food at hotel's restaurant was excellent and staffs were very friendly as well..The restaurant is next to beach and we enjoyed our dinner by the beach everyday..The location of the hotel is at walking distance from the shops,other restaurants, tour operators and other amenities..We enjoyed our whole stay there

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaheshBabu_09
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Was upgraded to a bigger room on 3rd level with sea view. Breakfast thrown in to boot. No complaints from me!

Has an inhouse restaurant called Rabieng Talay that serves Thai food catered to western palates. However, restaurant is just next to the beach giving you a nice view.

5 min walk to the beachfront shops n restaurants. Minimart just across the road. Massage outlet just next to hotel.

Overall, a nice, clean n quiet hotel.

Am puzzled my the complaints in previous reviews about facilities. Fact is you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012