“Thief at hotel.”

Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel was a disaster. Staff were complacent, the breakfast was incredibly poor and there were no saving graces. Most importantly, my i-phone was stolen from a small and discreet pocket in a case. We went away to the rainforest for a few days and told the hotel so they didn't think there was a problem. We had a lot of luggage - 2 weeks packing for a family of 4 and two children's Christmas presents. On our return our room had obviously been searched and the i-phone taken. Despite urgent and firm requests to speak to the manager, the receptionist was as good as useless, completely comprehending our point but insisting he was unavailable. We tried tracking the phone but it was switched off. The police had no interest. On our return it was switched back on and tracked to Krabi. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Pauljotomandhan
There are newer reviews for Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We are horribly displeased with this 4.5 star hotel (Aonang Ayodhaya Resort, Krabi). Our main complaints are:

1. This hotel is far below the 4.5 star rating it advertises through your website (it is more like a Chinese-run motel collecting profit but not investing any more money into its business..
2. Hotel advertised as beachfront but a room was allotted to us by a side facing some boundary wall (dinghy looking area). We rejected and were given another room; slightly better but far below a 4.5 star standard.
3. Room is old, rundown and badly stained furniture.
4. No free WIFI at room as advertised. In fact there is no wifi in the room at all.
5. Room has no slippers, tissue paper and low quality toiletries. This is the first hotel that did not have a safe in the room.
6. We had to wait for more than an hour for the sole reception staff (who was rude) to locate our booking.
7. TERRIBLE Breakfast (no variety and no quality) is not in line with a 4.5 star hotel. No butter; jam is nothing but coloured sugar-gel; cold food displayed for hours with FLIES everywhere; messy and oily/dirty floor. This is in line with nil star hotel quality.
8. Room & lobby area infested with mosquitos. When asked to spray the spray lobby area this morning, the receptionist said that they do not do this for lobby!! This is where the eifi is and where guests have to sit for wifi.
9. Room advertised as 'with safe' in room but safe was not there (removed). Complained but manager could not be bothered.
10. This hotel is not professionally managed. The staff are ill-trained.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Suriya M
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I chose this hotel as it had decent reviews on Tripadvisor at the time of booking. What a mistake!! I had booked the standard room only to be told on arrival that I was in the "building next door". The building next door is in fact the hotel next door which was rated 2 1/2 star which was simply awfule. We were advised however that we were still able to use the hotels "4 1/2 star" faciilties. Who would want to though? The facilities in the 4 1/2 star side were a disgrace. The hotel is extemely run down. No staff to be see anywhere around the pool. The resort is in need desperate need of a huge refurb. As a travel agent I would never, ever sell this property to clients. It would be an embarassment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dylandari
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed in the main Ayodhaya wing from December 31, 2013 till January 13, 2014, including so called New year's dinner. The owners of this hotel were changed about 1 year ago, and now, Ayodhaya has only what's left of its exterior charm. This hotel became an ordinary Chinese hostel for 1-2 nights for sky high price.

New Year's dinner: They took additionally 500$ for the New Year's dinner: the food was cooked in the unpretentious Chinese style, fatty vegetables, skins of chicken, seafood ended immediately....all tasteless, poor choice. No single small glass of champagne or wine was offered free of charge. New Year's evening program was very short and primitive
Swimming pool: Large pieces of glass on the bottom, we claimed several times to reception, and nobody tried to clean that part of the pool. They only restricted access for a couple of days. Staff poured chlorine directly in the pool from a pail. Muddy dirty water. Nobody swam there after January 1.

Breakfast: Every day the same, of the cheapest products, yoghurt was available if you personally ask somebody of the staff. Empty bowls. Bowls for raw vegetables were almost or fully empty, especially cucumbers and tomatoes. After January 10 deserts were changed with pieces of bread, but it was not a large lost as choice of desserts was very poor, tasteless. And mosquitos are everywhere, especially in lobby and breakfast areas.

Location: beach nearby the hotel is very dirty and, if you want to swim in the clear water you have to go by feet (20 min.minimum) or to pay for tuk-tuk 30 bats per 1 person or minimum 60 bats, if you travel alone.

Staff: only 1 girl in blue T-shirt was fluent in English. She tried very hard to do everything from her, but nothing depends on her. Our friends got a problem with safe box in the evening, and engineer was available the next day only! "Lightning-fast" response to customer's request. In general, the staff was very nice and welcoming, but not fluent in English.

Cleanliness: ragged walls, cockroaches crawling out of air conditioning, empty jars for shampoo and shower gel...

Sleep quality: no soundproofing

Rooms are large, convenient, additional bed is available for adult, too. There is additional door in the room, and this door divides the room into two bedrooms.

My photos are enclosed.

Room Tip: Success wing means another hotel near Ayodhaya hotel, cheaper and worth. Stay in the main wing. Bett...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Irina50
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stay in this hotel for 5nights from 4 Jan. 2013. Hotel looks very impressive from the front,but that's all good. I never met before in whole Thailand so many mosquitoes!!! They are everywhere,especially hotel restaurant. Couldn't eat my breakfast(worst ever seen and eat) in peace because they've been bitten all the time. Pools,bars etc looks terrible,need clean and put some live in this place. Atmosphere in this place could compare with some horror. I bealive this hotel was amazing in first few years working but now everything stop and looks death. Only good think is size of bedroom and reception ladies -always smiling and helpful.Anyway never back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oskar k
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year 2014. The hotel looks very impressive from the outside; it looks like an old temple. We were lucky to get an upgrade and were taken to our room which I was quite impressed with as it was large. However it looks quite old and shabby and could have done with a good clean. The beds were very hard as well. The swimming pools do not look very inviting and could have also done with a good clean. The location was ok and there are some nice restaurants if you walk into the town; the beach isn't the best but it was a good couple of days as we hired a bike and explored the area. The breakfast isn't great and the staff did not speak good English. We decided to leave a day early and head onto our next hotel, this provide a problem, as they said we would not be able to get our cash deposit back as it was not onsite, after about half an hour it appeared and we were able to leave.

Overall it wasn't an awful experience however I would not go back and therefore would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaEales100
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com (never again - booking.com website provided false and misleading information on this hotel ) for 4 nights and I had to check out of this hotel after few hours due to several major issues ranging from poor hygiene, lack of security and highly inadequate service issues.

1. I couldn't lock the balcony and front door. I had to contact the front desk each time I left the room and wait for more than 10-15 minutes before they came up to remove the key being stuck in the keyhole of the front door.

2. I had to go up 4 flight of stairs ( due to saving electricity, they turn their lifts off).

3. A large yellow stain on the bed sheet which was smelly. Please see attached photos.

4. TV didn't work. There was no WiFi as advertised by booking.com!

5. I burnt my hand when I turned the tab water on to wash my hands as there was no cold water! , other than boiling hot water.

6. The staff were very unprofessional and spoke no English. I tried to communicate them in my basic Thai. I found them very rude and unhelpful.

7. Please do yourself a favour and don't spoil your holiday by staying at this horrible hotel.

8. The location of the hotel is not ideal at all. It is at the end of the long dark alley surrounded by vacant block of land, I didn't feel safe at all.

9. Booking.com claimed that I didnt show up at the hotel. This was part of their cheap tactic to deny me the opportunity to provide feedback on their website about this hotel. Fortunately, there are other venues such as tripadvisor website in which I can inform others about this experience so they take their money and business elsewhere.

I met a young German couple who had encountered similar issues. They told me that the hotel management had threatened them to call the police and have them locked up! - They had also made their booking on www.booking.com website and they said there was mould in their room.

As a consumer I feel totally ripped off as this hotel failed to deliver basic accommodation requirements.

After more than 2 weeks of waiting and being given the run around from booking.com and Ms Supawadee , the hotel management, I was left with no option but to commence legal proceedings against booking.com . Fortunately, I am in the position to have the skills and resources of making booking.com accountable for their false and misleading advertising of this hotel. In the mean time, please dont stay at this hotel as you would regret it. And dont believe the positive reviews on this hotel. I question the veracity and genuineness of them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
Nakamanda Resort & Spa
#3 of 12 in Nong Thale
Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort? Share your experiences!