Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.com$43
Booking.com$34
eDreams$34
1,372 results
All reviews pool bar emerald pool beach bag pool access room pool side large pool great pool food stalls stayed here for nights few minutes walk the main street restaurants and bars thai massage night market phi phi pon pools
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and would highly recommend it. Rooms are comfortable, staff are friendly at is so close to Ao nang beach and local shops and restaurants. My only one slight issue would be the breakfast. I stayed on a bed and breakfast deal and the food was generally the same everyday. Not a huge issue as there are great food stalls 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Overall very pleased with my experience.

Room tip: Try and choose a deluxe room on a high floor as you get your own balcony with a view of the sea.
Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank Lian M
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Have just returned from a 2 week stay at Krabi La Playa with my husband, and was not disappointed.

The Hotel is situated just of the main road, so if you're looking for a quiet hotel, this is the one for you. The reception area is large and plenty of seating, & free wi-fi. The reception staff always gave a welcome smile & hello, although we didnt need to ask them for much info, another guest did mention that they were always helpful when he enquired about anything. There are two lifts just at back of reception leading to all floors. There is a small garden area too and a small gym.

The Room we had, a superior, (No.318, 3rd floor) this was right at the end of the block overlooking one of the pools, so it was quiet as we had no one walking past. With one extremely large bed, to which i'll add, myself & hubby slept soundly every night!. And not forgetting Aircon.

The room was large & spacious, plenty of drawer/wardrobe space.....beware though only 7 coat hangers, definately not enough!, also a fold up airer. A safe in the wardrobe was free to use. An area with tea & coffee making facilities, which was topped up every day by the maid plus 2 bottles of free water. A fridge including a mini bar. A hairdryer is also supplied but I always take my own, TV with remotes also for use. The toilet/shower room was spacious, hot water all the time, clean towels every day. Just be careful in the shower/wetroom, as our friend slipped and badly damaged his arm, and had to have it in a sling! The maid was in every day changing the bed & cleaning. A nice touch on our arrival was that two towels had been shaped into elephants and sat on the bed, really pretty. Blacony a decent size only spoilt really by the two uncomfortable wooden chairs, but we ended up using the cushions of the chairs inside the room for a bit of comfort.

Breakfast was the usual mix of thai, european foods, cereals, fruit, different breads, pastries, yoghurt, salad foods etc., hot foods inc rice, potatoes, tomatoes, pancakes, chicken sausage, ham, omelettes are made on request. I asked for a boiled egg, and when I got it I think they must have shown it the boiled water because it was not cooked at all. This is really were my only complaint lies, the girls who were supposed to be attentive to guests, tended to stand in a corner all chatting to one another, which has been commented on in previous reviews. They could be clearing tables etc. Didnt eat in the restaurant at night, but was told it was delicious. Had a burger on the lunch time, and that was really tasty.

The pools (all 3 of them) were a delight, lovely and warm, apart from our last day, and I thought it was colder. Again cleaned every day. Some days I had the pool all to myself, and had a swim every day....definately a pleasure. There is a pool bar, but again never used it so im not going to comment, though the chap on there seemed pleasant enough. Massage area to the rear exit.

The hotel is only a couple of mins walk onto the main street, about 7 mins to the beach. The main street is full of restaurants, side stalls, gift shops, taxis, and tailors, who, in turn pestered my hubby every night!. Dont be afraid to try the local food stalls, they are delicious, and we always eat of them....especially the fish cakes and chicken on sticks, damn cheap too. Our favourite restaurant was called Jeseao's, (Thai & Italian) the food was reasonably cheap, mean cocktails and the staff so friendly and attentive, I would definately go and eat there again.

The beach is beautiful and if you walk right to the end, you will see some monkeys. The beach is clean and a delight to walk on and the sea warm. Boat rides available to neighbouring beaches/areas

As I said, we would definately return to this hotel, I have read the bad reviews, but have to say we didnt come up against any problems. There was a fire alarm box come off the wall next to our room, and we reported it at reception, later on that same day it was fixed.

I have added some of my photos, so you get a feel of the place and I hope they help you make a decision.....the right one!.......Happy Hols!

Room tip: We had 3rd floor room 318, above the pool right at the very end of the block, so it was nice & quiet. Some rooms overlooking garden, maybe dark due to lots of trees blocking light, request a pool view. No seaviews.
5  Thank Parisienne20001
Reviewed October 27, 2012

within walking distance to beach, shopping, restaurant. rooms were huge, clean n most important no bed bugs ! buffet breakfast was ok, nothing much to shout about. is better than hunting for food early morning. 1 minutes walk and u'll reach the main road.

got a great deal as it was a low season almost everything comes with discount. room n island hopping tour was 50%

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I and my boyfriend had a vacation in Thailand for 2 weeks. We dicided to stay in the beach in the south of Thailand. And we came up with one of the hotel in Krabi name "Krabi La Playa Resort".
The hotel looks very nice and not far from the beach. We can walk and blend in like a local which is great, isn't it? Breakfast also has a lot of choices both continental and original Thai food. We love it a lot. The services is outstanding as well. Every time we walk back in to the hotel, front desk staffs always say "Hello" with a smiling face. They are very friendly and helpful especially when we ask for the direction. All in all, I would say our trip is a blast! We really have a good time.

2  Thank Jan B
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This has to be the worst and most dissapointing hotel I have been to. After many months of planning and family arriving in from overseas we were very excited about a pleasant holiday in Krabi.

The hotel looked amazing from the pictures and overall had great reviews on tripadvisor so thought we cant go wrong...oh how wrong were we!

We had countless problems but will list just some of the issues we encountered:

1. Upon entering our room they had the bedding configuration of one of the rooms as a double when we specifically asked for two singles and this was also stated on the booking confirmation. When queried their response was they cannot help and suggest we just sleep on the bed together. When we pushed them they said they can help us the next day. Again not acceptable. They then "downgraded" us to a basic room with no compensation. After pressing them further about compensation or the correct room they found a room that was actually correct. This process took 3 hours!

2. Wifi in the room worked for only one day. One of us was working whilst in Krabi and we chose this place for the free wifi in the room. After pushing them for a couple of days asking about when will the wifi work - their response was a technician is coming...however after three days he never turned up. Thinking I could go to the business center and work this was not an option. It was locked the entire stay and they would not unlock it....Finally they gave me a paid internet card after much deliberation.

3. Happy hour at the bar is serviced by one (amazing) barman. However you are lucky to be able to order two drinks in the hour. The cash register is in the restaurant therefore each transaction he leaves for about 5 minutes to settle the transaction. Not to mention the bar was poorly stocked so often would dissapear for 5 minutes regularly to get extra bottles

4. The Jacuzzi that connects to our room has had all the controls taken out of it. If you want it activated you must call reception then call them when you have finished....crazy

5. The overall hotel was very unimpressive - it seemed like it needed some serious money spent on it and looked typical of a very locally run hotel with bad management

6. In general the staff and in particular the reception staff were very unhelpful and in fact rude and unpleasent to deal with.

I completed a comment card on our exit with a short email a few weeks later asking what is my problem. I noted all the problems I had however no response - I certainly dont expect to get one as all the problems are driven by the poor management.

I highly reccommend you stay somewhere else in Krabi - if you stay here I feel you will be bitterly dissapointed.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank carlton_jj
Marketing_SmallGrp, Public Relations Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We take your comment seriously and will try our best to improve our standard and services.