FindHotel
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews ao nang beach spacious room stayed nights small balcony the main drag boats shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of september 2012. There is some construction going on in front of the building, but at this time of year there is in most of Thailand. The room is Awesome 1 of the best we stayed in on our 4 week travel of the country. The only bad point I could say is there is no elevator, but this is nothing to do with the room.

We asked to stay on the top floor as the whole roof is your private balcony with great sea views. The roof has 3 rooms available, we were lucky to get the biggest room and the other 2 rooms where empty so we had the whole roof to our self. This really did make our trip as it becomes 1 very large private balcony. The rooms on the other floors are still very good but have a small balcony in comparison.

Trips can be purchesed from reception at a great price, infact we checked the price of boat trips with a lot of places and found our hotel to be the cheapest. The owner is very good he dosen't lie he is honest which is strange for Thailand (most people try to scam you).

Room tip: Get a room on the roof it's a must
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Oliver D
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights.
This hotel offers huge rooms at very low price. They were very clean, comfortable, and secure (but no security box in the rooms, it's only at the front desk).
It's located 3 min walk from the beach.
The wifi signal didn't work in my room but worked every where else LOL.
It's a family business, so they take personal care of you. They arranged all my transportation needs. They offer tours for lower price than other travel guides in the area.
This is not for people who are looking for a fancy hotel.
Right now there is construction going on but I never heard any noise in the rooms.
I will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank nikhil_b77
Reviewed September 5, 2012

When I arrived at J Hotel I couldn't help thinking what a huge mistake I maybe made by booking this hotel. The look on the outside is just not very nice. When I entered the receptionist was quite cold en not interested, but that actually didn't bother me. When I went to my room I was very surprised. Spacious, nice and comfortable bed, good facilities and most important of all: an amazing view! While lying in bed I could see some limestone rock formations scattered in the blue sea. In front of the room there was a huge shared balcony, which was a very nice plus point. The receptionist told me I had to come to her when I wanted a tour, but at first I was a little skeptical about this because most hotel take huge commissions on this kind of thing. When wondering about in Ao Nang with it's beautiful beach I asked some prices for the tour, but they never went under 1000 baht for a trip to Phi Phi en surrounding islands. In JHotel they offer you this tour for only 800 baht. This included a full day trip on a speedboat to the islands, tasty buffet style lunch, snorkeling material,... This was the best 20 euro I have ever spent in my life! The only drawback is the lack of a breakfast option, because there is just no restaurant or dining area. But on the other this shouldn't be a problem with so many other restaurants around. For the price this place can't be beaten!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. Maybe a bit of an effort to walk up the stairs, but the views and balcony are definitely worth it!
5  Thank WinkeB
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is okay for a night, no more. The rooms are big and have AC, but wouldn't recommend it knowing now additional places in Ao Nang. The location is really good, but you can rent a motorbike and stay 5 minutes out of town in a much more beautiful space. Wifi was turned off at night, not sure why.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

J Mansion is a good place to stay if you are a backpacker who need a clean room, with AC and tv for few nights in Ao Nang. The hotel is close to the beach and shops. Personnel is friendly and they also have a really good travel agency in the hotel where we booked both the trip to the islands and the travel to ko tao. Prices are low so, for the services they offered us in 2 days, I can say its the right place to stay in ao nang if you don't want a resort.