See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here on a backpacking holiday through Southeast Asia. Needless to say, we were attracted by the price. However, when we entered the room we desperately regretted not paying a bit more to stay somewhere else. The bathrooms were dirty, the blankets had seen better days and the entire property was very dated. In fact, Nong-eed has now entered our vocabulary as a simile for something which is really bad. E.g. "How was that restaurant?" A: "Avoid it, it was Nong-eed-esque".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZZCLSE
Reviewed April 12, 2014

1 word don't stay here.The rooms are not clean and smell dirty.We came late at night there was nobody home.After waiting over 10 mins a old lady came out.She didn't look happy to see us.She showed us a room .No thanks and left.

Room Tip: not this 1
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jane d
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night only, it was very basic but in a good location. Not far from the beach & close to all shops & restaurants.

The women at the front desk wasn't very friendly and the manners from all staff are none existent. Half way through conversation they just turn away and have a conversation over you in Thai. She also tried to charge us much higher then guests we knew that was already staying here, she did however drop the price after i asked why others have it much cheaper.

If you do stay here make sure you check out on time, we checked out 2 minutes earlier then stated and she looked disappointed and was watching the clock - they will defiantly charge if you go over even by 1 minute.

On a positive the beds are comfortable, the air conditioning is good, and the balcony we got over looked the mountains.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Please try to avoid this place at all costs! My boyfriend and I tried to check into this place earlier today and were immediately quoted an inflated price. Eventually, we managed to barter her down to 500 tbth per night with an additional 500 baht key deposit. Initially she claimed she only had one copy of the key and that we needed to wait for a copy to be made. After two hours of having no key and not being able to leave our room we enquired about how much longer it would take. The lady at the front desk kept saying soon but would not give us a definite time, when my boyfriend asked her how a copy could be being made if she was still holding the original key she was abrupt and rude and stated that we could leave with a refund. He agreed and immediately she handed him the key.After enquiring online and reading the current reviews I headed back to ask for a receipt to prove that I had paid the key deposit. She instantly got enraged, wrote me a false receipt with the wrong amount of money on it, made me wait over an hour and told me to just sit and wait. She then said something in Thai to her worker and he went downstairs to scope our room out.. My boyfriend was luckily there and witnessed him observing our belongings and looking to see if the room was currently unoccupied ( thankfully it wasn't because we're pretty sure our room would have been ransacked otherwise). Eventually, I got up after being ignored for over an hour and threatened to contact the tourist police in Bangkok given the fact that I knew she has relatives in the police force in Krabi and is corrupt. She then hesitated for a moment and consulted a tour agent who had dropped another crowd off there, after speaking with him she offered me a full refund ( including the key deposit) and sent me along my way. The rooms weren't even that nice and definitely did not overcompensate for the awfulness of that woman.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chloe M
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We arrive late and tired at ao nang, when the bus stops at ao nang cenral we walk a couple of meters and finaly found Nong eed house, from outside it looks quite good.
The price for the room was at 800 thb from night but finally the woman in charge of the front desk offers a 2,000thb deal for three nights plus a deposit of 500thb.
They bring to us a small bungalow downstairs without aircon, toilete was dirty and disgusting,
But well for the price you pay you can not ask for a palace. During the next three days nobody come to clean the room. Stay at the bungalow betwen 11am to 5pm was like stay at the hell.
When we try to check out at 7:30am nobody at the front desk and the door closed! We lose the 500thb deposit
Completely dissapointed experience

Room Tip: Don´t stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple