“Bad”

Ranked #103 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
“Bad”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

1 word don't stay here.The rooms are not clean and smell dirty.We came late at night there was nobody home.After waiting over 10 mins a old lady came out.She didn't look happy to see us.She showed us a room .No thanks and left.

Room Tip: not this 1
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jane d

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night only, it was very basic but in a good location. Not far from the beach & close to all shops & restaurants.

The women at the front desk wasn't very friendly and the manners from all staff are none existent. Half way through conversation they just turn away and have a conversation over you in Thai. She also tried to charge us much higher then guests we knew that was already staying here, she did however drop the price after i asked why others have it much cheaper.

If you do stay here make sure you check out on time, we checked out 2 minutes earlier then stated and she looked disappointed and was watching the clock - they will defiantly charge if you go over even by 1 minute.

On a positive the beds are comfortable, the air conditioning is good, and the balcony we got over looked the mountains.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanya M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Please try to avoid this place at all costs! My boyfriend and I tried to check into this place earlier today and were immediately quoted an inflated price. Eventually, we managed to barter her down to 500 tbth per night with an additional 500 baht key deposit. Initially she claimed she only had one copy of the key and that we needed to wait for a copy to be made. After two hours of having no key and not being able to leave our room we enquired about how much longer it would take. The lady at the front desk kept saying soon but would not give us a definite time, when my boyfriend asked her how a copy could be being made if she was still holding the original key she was abrupt and rude and stated that we could leave with a refund. He agreed and immediately she handed him the key.After enquiring online and reading the current reviews I headed back to ask for a receipt to prove that I had paid the key deposit. She instantly got enraged, wrote me a false receipt with the wrong amount of money on it, made me wait over an hour and told me to just sit and wait. She then said something in Thai to her worker and he went downstairs to scope our room out.. My boyfriend was luckily there and witnessed him observing our belongings and looking to see if the room was currently unoccupied ( thankfully it wasn't because we're pretty sure our room would have been ransacked otherwise). Eventually, I got up after being ignored for over an hour and threatened to contact the tourist police in Bangkok given the fact that I knew she has relatives in the police force in Krabi and is corrupt. She then hesitated for a moment and consulted a tour agent who had dropped another crowd off there, after speaking with him she offered me a full refund ( including the key deposit) and sent me along my way. The rooms weren't even that nice and definitely did not overcompensate for the awfulness of that woman.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chloe M

Travelers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We arrive late and tired at ao nang, when the bus stops at ao nang cenral we walk a couple of meters and finaly found Nong eed house, from outside it looks quite good.
The price for the room was at 800 thb from night but finally the woman in charge of the front desk offers a 2,000thb deal for three nights plus a deposit of 500thb.
They bring to us a small bungalow downstairs without aircon, toilete was dirty and disgusting,
But well for the price you pay you can not ask for a palace. During the next three days nobody come to clean the room. Stay at the bungalow betwen 11am to 5pm was like stay at the hell.
When we try to check out at 7:30am nobody at the front desk and the door closed! We lose the 500thb deposit
Completely dissapointed experience

Room Tip: Don´t stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hongmarie
Bangbang
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I've never posted a review on trip advisor but after staying at the nong eed resort I need to warn you. This is the worst accommodation I've ever stayed in anywhere. A total rip off/scam. The lady at the front desk (not a very nice person btw) will show you a nice picture of a room/bungalow and tell you it's the last one. Total B.S. It's just a con to try to get your money! And the rooms are awful, it was so depressing I wanted to hang myself. Avoid at all costs. Lots of nice places to stay in ao nang for the same price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jimmywibbly
Krabi Town, Thailand
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is a disgrace. The rooms are disgusting and smell horrible. They are small and cramped and the wifi is non existent. The owner is the worst person i have come across in Thailand so far and i have travelled all over the country! She was rude, inconsiderate and actually quite scary. We orignally booked three nights stupidly without seeing the room first! Luckily we didnt give our passport numbers over as i saw the room and immediately demanded my money back. The owner was extremely rude and told me that i could not have a refund. I pretended to cry and made up an excuse that i had to leave, she unwillingly gave me back two of the three nights money, which by the sounds of other reviews, is rare! I stayed for one night and didnt leave anything in the room when i went to the beach as i feared for the safety of my personal belongings. Overall, i would never stay here again, there are so many other choices in Ao Nang that offers both a friendly service and comfortabilty for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emma M
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just got home from Thailand and could not wait to comment on this S%$# hole! When we arrived in Ao Nang, we had a tough time finding hotels because of Chinese New Year. We walked into this hotel which looked nice from the outside. The lobby was clean and the location was good. (5 minutes to the beach) My husband and I asked the lady behind the counter if she had any rooms available. She said she had one left. When I asked her if we could see the room before taking it, she said no and said that there are a lot of people wanting to take the room (we were the only people there) She then handed me a brochure which had pictures of the rooms and they looked ok. She refused to show us the rooms. She was very rude and aggressive. But... because we were out of options, we took the over priced room. Our friends that were also looking for a room walked in after we had paid and asked the lady if she had any rooms available and she said yes, one last one... this is after she told us that we took the last room. Approx 6 other people walked in after we took the "last room" and they too were given "last rooms."

We got a "bungalow" that looked nice from the outside. The inside was a different story. It smelled badly, the blankets on the two twin beds were old, dirty quilts and one of the pillows didn't have a pillow case on it. The pillow itself was disgusting! It was brownish/yellow and full of stains. The furniture was mismatched and old. The walls were dirty and banged up. The curtains were baby blue silk and about 80 years old. The bed frame was broken and only one light worked in the room, making it very dark and gloomy. The window in the bathroom was broken and shards of glass were being held up by the screen. There was a army of ants coming in and out of the holes in the wall. The pictures in the brochure, of the rooms, was nothing like the real thing!!!

We asked the rude lady for a copy of the receipt for our 500 baht deposit and she said no because she didn't have a copier. We asked another young girl who was with the rude lady if we could take a picture of the receipt and she said yes, while the rude lady tried to prevent it.

It would have been more comfortable sleeping on the beach than this place!
Terrible rooms, over priced and terrible staff, don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends