“Amazing definitely stay here!”
Review of Aonang Buri Resort

Aonang Buri Resort
Ranked #61 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Amazing definitely stay here!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in April and wish we could have stayed longer. I can not recommend this hotel enough, the rooms are clean with good facilities and quiet enough for a good nights sleep. Staff were extremely friendly and helped us organise next stage of our journey. STAY HERE!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We made a mistake with the booking but instead of helping us out the staff shouted that it is our mistake and refused to give any solutions. In Malaysia, no one will be treated this way, our hotel staff will try to accommodate to any unexpected circumstances and the manager will be open to discussion. Not only we were disappointed by their treatment on our first day, they kept harassing us for the rest of our stay there.

As instructed we followed the staff order to find a separate hotel for another 2 person. But everyday for the rest of our stay there they kept harassing us over something we did not do. All they ever did was being rude and none offer an apology.

To the front desk ladies, please improve on your manners. If you need education for it, please go to Japan. I was skeptical after being treated like that but other Thais proved me wrong, truth is they are very soft-spoken in nature. I will not tolerate rude people and insults therefore I will never come back as long as the staff remained the same. Oh, and also please improve on your English. You have to be able to converse properly in order to pick a fight with the customer, really.

If I am the owner of this hotel, I should be concerned because the staffs are driving customers away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank imnotahipster

Travelers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

redondo beach, ca
Reviewed June 17, 2013

They were rude and laughed at me when I had questions. First impressions are lasting and when I think of Krabi, I just remember how the front desk treated me. Very unprofessional and they seemed uneducated. Hotel was across from beach but not a nice one (dirty).
Hotel was nice but I checked out early and went next door to the Holiday inn where I was treated with 5 star customer service!
For $30 more, it was worth it. I could tell that people were alot happier there.
I asked to speak to the manager 3 times, they gave me times that he should ve been in office but when I went down to meet, he was never there. The 3 at the front desk just giggled and said he wasnt available. Very irritating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank islandhousebound123
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, the bell boy named Dee greeted us immediately, welcomed and introduced himself politely. Helped bring our bags and throughout the stay constantly asked us in the morning what our plans are. Very friendly, and approachable. Honestly, the only staff there that I would tip generously. A staff named May at the front desk wasn't very helpful when we asked for recommendations of what to do or where to go after renting a scooter with them, which was pretty upsetting. Umbrellas can be borrowed from the front desk in case of showers.

Stayed for 5 days 4 nights on the 3rd floor, only smelled a foul odor from the mangroves once in the hallways. Asked for the room to be made up everyday. The first two days of housekeeping, they didn't change the sheets even though it had some dirt. Third day they changed it but with another set of sheets that had stains that looked like blood and off yellowish stain. So I didnt sleep with those sheets that night.

The drain chain in the tub had clogged hair and we had to remove it ourselves in order to use the tub for some soaking. The toilet seat had some stains when we arrived that they only cleaned the third day.

The bed was quite comfy. And beautiful four poster bed, simple but pretty decor. The security box didn't work, it wouldn't close when we reset it.

Breakfast was good. Although they said it's halal, I wouldn't know about it cos they had ham.

Overall stay was alright. Despite the issues with cleanliness, the hotel was quite beautiful, overlooking the beach. A cafe right next door, you can use their wifi signal if you're staying in the right wing of the hotel. If not, wifi only available at the lobby.

I would stay here again as we paid a cheaper price than other hotels closer to aonang town. Just about 5 mins walk to town, where you can find a variety of food and shopping =))

• Stayed June 2013
Pokhara
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here at the end of May 2013. It was nice, the rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious with nice balconies overlooking the pool. The staff are friendly. The pool is a good size. The only issues we had was the WiFi was 50 baht for 30 minutes which is extortionate considering usually hotels have free WiFi. We drank a big bottle of water which was in our room and we assumed was complimentary but we were then charged for it, and the breakfast was 300 baht. We paid £25 (not including breakfast) a night with Agoda which was supposedly 50% off because of low season, I don't think I would pay full price for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kate R
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in this hotel together with my Sis and her two kids. We booked 2 connecting Grand Deluxe rooms via Agoda at a total price of US 506.00 inclusive of breakfast. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Well, we arrived approximately at 9.30am at the hotel and was supprised when the receptionist informed us that our rooms are ready and that we could check in. Great location :walking distance to restaurants, shops, pier and to the public beach. If weather is fine ,you may even watch the sunset from the beach in front of this hotel. It is worth the money.....

Room Tip: Grand deluxe are very spacious.. room 419 & 420 have good views