“Not for Sunbathing”

and up
4 Islands Tour to Spectacular Divided Sea by Longtail or Speed Boat from Krabi
Ranked #16 of 58 things to do in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: With an exotic climate, a fantastic climbing site and a nearby beach, Ao Phra Nang is a magnet for visitors to Thailand.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a very bust beach beacause it is the pick up and set down point for many of the long tail and speed boats.
The beach is well used by the locals and has a small river at one end which smells at low tide. There are several loose dogs on the beach which equates to dog mess so not the most inviting.
But with so many lovely islands and beaches to visit you will not be left wanting. Go out and explore.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can't tell you enough about this hidden treasure that Thailand has and I don't think I would be able to match fellow travelers who have been there before as I know that I would not be able to match their description of this place.

To start with, it is a 'MUST SEE' destination for everyone who can afford it. If you are traveling to Thai, it should be on your 'Must-Do' list and not just on 'To-Do' list. The beach, the shoreline is something that is out of the world, something that God Himself sat down to show us humans a picture of how heaven on Earth can be. Like i said, I wont be able to match up my fellow 'experienced travelers and I am already running out of words, I must say that the calmness, serenity, purity and originality of this place is something to experience and cannot be put into words. It is nothing but a well kept secret and that fact that it should remain a secret is the reason it is protected in its pristine state till date. Its natural setup in the form of geography and natural beauty. Clear Blue water, white sand beach and a breath taking backgrounds of the see and the nearing islands. I can only imagine how one must have felt when he or she first found out about this place. True paradise indeed.

This is about 2 hours from Phuket town (at least that's were I started from). The next I go to Thailand I am sure to book my stay at one of these islands for sure just for the fact that I don't end up traveling much.

Suggestion : stay at the island if possible to avoid traveling in package as you have too many people with you and around you killing the peace of this paradise. Mind you as stay is definitely expensive. The only reason I suggest a stay here is to avoid a Touristy experience as there are too many people around the day time and I am always wondering how the sunset evenings can be here.

If you are taking a package, bargain, bargain bargain as each one of those agents boasts about a 50% off where the fact is, that if it is an off-season and its their marketing strategy. Another thing when you have booked your package is to be sure to wake up early and carry a sunscreen for sure while you travel the vast beaches. (when I came back home, they said I looked like roasted meat so please be ware as the Sun is not as friendly as some of the Thai people you come across.

1  Thank IfteqarHaleem
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Busy touristplace, with lots of restaurants and small shops. Beaches are not very nice, but Ao nang is a great hub for exploring other beautiful beaches and islands, such as Railay and Chicken Island.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A must visit when coming to Thailand. Central area for visiting the many island in the Andaman sea. Beautiful scenery great weather, clear blue seas and sandy beaches.

So many activities to do and see.
Just a 35 minute journey from Krabi Airport.

Avoid Phuket, come here instead.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Ao prahnang is absolutely beautiful, with its rock in front of the beach and white sand. It kept its charm, because there are not much bars or restaurants or beach chairs. Perfect place for a relaxed day at the beach. If you go on a tour, you will see it on its worse aspect. Crowded high tide beach with plenty of boats waiting for their guests and no remaining place to swim or lay down. Then I will advise you go there by yourself with a longtail boat for a day, not with a tour.