“Great resort hotel, different from photos”
Review of Pakasai Resort

Pakasai Resort
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Shanghai, China
“Great resort hotel, different from photos”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Pakasai Resort, but I was a bit disappointed to find it so far away from the beach. "Far" is only a ten minute walk, but from the description on the website and the photos I thought the beach would be much closer. The pool on the top is not infinity and does not look out to the beach. Our room was also a 5-10 minute walk uphill from the entrance--this resort is HUGE. Although the inside of the resort was beautifully arranged like a mini rainforest, it still was a hassle to climb up and down stairs every time we wanted to leave the room.

The staff was extremely friendly, and the hotel is very "green"--which I liked very much. The room comes with booklets about how to stay in eco-friendly resorts and how to help save water/energy/etc.. Really interesting.

Room is big and clean, price is great, and is a 10-15 minute walk from the beach.

Room Tip: If you're staying here, you might want to go all out and get a superior room that has hot tub on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mary H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We had booked through booking.com a superior room. On arrival the lady who dealt with our booking informed us that they had made an error with our booking and apologized. We were sent next door to the Alis hotel for one night in honeymoon suite and our additional 4 nights we were upgraded to a suite at Pakasai. They handled this professionally and we were actually pleasantly surprised as we were upgraded.

Location: central location just off the main drag. Perfect as it was quiet and serene perched on the hill among the vast greenery. 5 minute walk to the beach where you can catch boat taxi to Railay. Less than 5 minute walk to shopping and eating.

Room: room was fair sized with private outside area undercover with spa bath. Room very clean and modern. Everything worked. Lovely shower head and water pressure excellent.

Facilities: huge pool was lovely and never really crowded. On top of the resort best place to spend the end of the day. Restaurant and bar overpriced. Cleaned room at random times so ask them to do so when it suits you.

Service: good but front desk should have a better understanding of English as communication was difficult at times.

Breakfast: your bog standard buffet breakfast. Good with egg nook and all standard European sides. Thai options could have been better.

Recommendations: for a good massage, go to apple massage directly opposite hotel. Get laundry done at 50 baht at travel place opposite hotel as cheaper. For the best Real Thai in Ao Nang eat at Troy's across the road from hotel. Local joint that cooks all Thai dishes to perfection under 100 baht. Made from scratch. Run by Thai couple. Authentic.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iloveshoesalot
Phuket
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival in my car to check-in, it was raining. There was no one to bring an umbrella, even though the receptionist saw me pull up and sitting in the car for over half an hour.
When the rain eased a little, I got out of the car and walked to the reception to check in. I asked her if they had any bellman or was this a self-service hotel. She said she will call the bellman. Meanwhile, she asked for my passport, which I had already handed to her, albeit in a passport cover. She still insisted to have my passport.. Uhhhhh... I told her it's in her hand. She asked me again. I had to flip it open for her then she understood.
We had 2 Deluxe rooms booked, so she gave me 2 keys.
I said to her that it is only me now and I will be going to pick the other 3 persons at the Krabi airport soon, if I needed the other set of key too since they need to check in and offer their passport details as per usual hotel procedure. She just said it was adjoining room.. So I was not sure what she exactly meant to my question as every hotel guest needs to advise the hotel they are staying of their passport details and TM card number from Immigration. I did not want to pursue.
As it was still raining, I asked if there was a covered/sheltered walkway to the room. She said no... "But we have umbrella for you (a small one that just about shelters your shoulders)." She showed me a photocopy of the resort map, the print was so small that one would need a magnifying glass to see the location of the room numbers, and it was an open path with stairs.
I asked her how they were going to bring my luggage to the room without getting it wet. She said the bellman will have an umbrella... Ummmmm... That tiny one? And only one bellman to carry a couple of bags+umbrella in the rain with no shelter? I said to her that my computer is in the bag (soft nylon) and it will get wet . She replied:"it's OK. Don't worry". I repeated her answer:"it's OK if my computer gets wet." She replied "yes, it's OK".
I am rolling my eyes now. I said then I prefer to wait till the rain eases some more. Meanwhile, checking how much more time I have till I had to be at the airport to pick up my partner and friends.
Eventually, the bellman came with a pool umbrella, then we proceeded to walk to the room.
Large clean room with large bathroom and a large balcony. Just one electrical outlet available which you need to share with the provided kettle, if you're going to charge your phone/tablet/camera.
Bed is uncomfortable. Pillows are seriously bad for your neck.
6:30am the next day, half the electricity was down, including the Aircon and one light. There is hot water for a shower and water pressure and electricity for the kettle, but you are groping quite in the dark for your clothes and things.
Breakfast is a simple buffet. Good selection of fresh cut fruit and egg station serving poached eggs as well. The cappuccino tasted of cockroach ... Maybe that was from the sugar sachets (?).
On our last day, we needed to check out early as we had a morning half day kayaking. The receptionist told us we could leave our bags at the lobby (as leaving them locked up in the car would be as good as leaving your computer, devices and lipstick in an oven). She added that there is a (hospitality) room for us to shower later before leaving.
When we returned from kayaking and requested for the hospitality room to get a shower and changed, we were told it was the at the pool. Fine. When we got to the pool, which was upstairs of the restaurant, there were no signs directing us to a (hospitality) room. Upon asking staff at the pool, we would actually be using the shower facility at the pool, downstairs. Fine. Grabbed a towel, and walked in the direction of the restrooms. Poorly lit restrooms which had a mouldy smell and no ventilation. There was no shower gel nor shampoo. No hair dryer.
The hotel, is far away from the beach. Has no scenic view and with the mosque nearby, you can hear the prayers. It is a short distance to the main street of Ao Nang where the shops, banks, massages, restaurants are. A plus is the small row of street vendors just 50m from the entrance of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank h2obabe
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here from 16th December for 16 nights. Sorry for the late review our case has been on going.
Im not saying a lot as all 4 of us have had enough of talking about it but thought we should let people know.
We went as 2 couples, 1 couple transfer arrange by hotel didn't turn up so we had to pay for 1 couple to come with us even though ours was going there anyway. We did this after hrs of travelling. Anyway we arrive to hotel to find out they have no reservation for any of us. After hrs of waiting they find us a room but not the other couple. In the end we were all happy with great staff and to be honest a lovely hotel.
We then received a letter about 10 days later saying they had over booked and that if we wanted to we could go to a 5 star beautiful hotel in Ko lanta. we went for 2 nights and wasted our holiday, It was a building site!! We did complain and we received a 500 baht voucher, what a insult. Honestly we felt so cheated by the glossy brochure but thought we would go as we had been at pakasai for a few days and had seen quite a bit there and it was free as a gd gesture.
Upon our last day we were finally going home and what happens? not only does one of our transfer turn up again but they tried billing us for items we had on our rooms which turned out to be another room!!!
Have been to Thailand 3 times and we will never return to Pakasai or book with Kenwood travel, however ao nang is great and there is lots of better hotels to stay in. A £4000 luxury xmas holiday turned to dust.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee G
malaysia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Didn't know that this is an Eco-friendly hotel until I checked in. I was first surprised with a 4 stars hotel which does not have a lift... Until I went in the room and saw the massages of housekeeping and management on saving of water n reserve the trees and greens in the hotel.
The room is big and clean, it comes with an outdoor bathtub and an indoor shower too. It is just less than 10 mins walk to the beach. Opposite of hotel there are few Thai massage places and Thai street food. We were on the bicycles from the hotel to go around the beach.
The BBQ dinner was not as what I had expected but the songs by the singer was entertaining. When I came back home I told everybody about this hotel and recommended them to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teresatan
Londo, Mozambique
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely stay twice already worth the price!Not on the beach but hey ho Ao Nang is not the best beaches in Krabi ;) and Pakasai is beautiful and if is good for guy from Extreme fishing with... (Saw him other day)than it is brilliant for me or you!Adora part is newest and VERY NICE had bath on balcony with flowers and stuff... ;) staff very polite and helpful rooms clean and spacious 5+ for me!Breakfast good as well they even serve tea or coffee to the table very good idea my 4th time in Thailand never seen it before ;) would recommend and Defo would come back to Pakasai again !!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I would strongly suggest anyone going to krabi to stay at pakasai , very close to ao nang and nophrat beaches. The resort by itself is like a ecological paradise with extremely courteous staff. Everything is so close by. All the tours in and around can be arranged from the hotel itself. The best way to enjoy ur morning breakfast is to have it by the fish pond, it's magical. You can spend the time in the rooftop pool too, though I would suggest to the resort management to open it late in the evening. All said this is one of the best places to stay in krabi. The more you stay the more it grows on you..... Enjoy

• Stayed March 2014