“Upgraded to Adora Suite for free, so nothing to complain”
Review of Pakasai Resort

Pakasai Resort
Ranked #24 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went to Pakasai for my honeymoon. I booked directly to the hotel lobby and they only had one night Adora Room available. But when I checked in on the following day, they informed me that I'd been upgraded for free to Adora Suite, wohoo! Couldn't be happier!

The room was beautiful. It was located on the same building with the front desk area. I guess it is what they called as "Executive Wings" on their website. If you go to their official website, the room was exactly how it looked like in the picture gallery. They have DVD in the room and the room was provided with wooden-carpet for sunbathing on the beach and umbrellas, nice touch.

The location was strategic. It close to the intersection to the long beach and Ao Nang Beach. It was really close to food vendors, cafe/bar and shops.

The staff was nice and helpful.

Breakfast was ok.

The pool size was huge. It was an infinity pool with sea and mountain view.

The hotel itself designed in open space concept and close to nature. It's like being in the middle of a well-kept-jungle.

For honeymooners, you should spend some money for the Adora Suite, it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Request room in Executive Wing. I guess it is what some reviews said as "new building" and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jforjessy

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel was very nice. We had one double bed and another single bed in the room so it was quite a large room, also with a balcony. Didn't have time to go to the pool or hang around much at the hotel, but I can say that the beds were fantastic to sleep on and the shower was excellent. I travel quite a lot, and it's not many places you can find that have a shower that actually sprays a decent amount of water. I would (I should say will!!) definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel has a prime location, their landscapes are amazing but the lack on everything else, their service its very poor! I´ve asked several things to the manager and despite the answer was positive, nothing happens afterwards! First request: Can I use the safe inside my room? Yes, I will send someone to give you access, I´ve waited almost 2 hours and I´ve called 2 times and still nothing happened, all they had to do it was unlock the safe it the master key, Second request: My bedroom has mould! Can I change for another one? Yes i will send someone to take you for another room, 2 hours after and 3 phone calls finally someone shows up.

I could keep giving examples, but theres no point....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oliver R
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Pakasai.Its location is in between the two main beaches...a reasonable walk ...we hired motorcycles from across the road to take us to the beaches as well as sight seeing.
Pool is big enough and quite relaxing.
Breakfast is substantial and enjoyable.
The room was big enough for two of us..the bed was a little bit hard though.
Nice staff..nice place to stay..the resort itself is very green..the gardens are beautiful...a relaxing and tranquil place to unwind.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We only stayed here for the 1 night and we were given an upgrade which was very of them..

The staff were very helpful, we didn't have time to use the pool but it looked quite large..

The hotel grounds had a feel of a rainforest with lots of trees and bushes around.. The room was very nice, Widescreen TV with lots of channel's to choose from and a DVD Player.

Would recommend staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Hotel itself and service were good average standard. Not 4 star hotel but very good 3 star hotel. Hotel surroundings were a little shabby. Service, especially at the pool, was average. Boys were very friendly but they just sit and chat but no one even try to take any orders or else. You just had to walk and order yourself. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed in this resort for two weeks in the end of January. Hotel is average, public areas like the reception fine and modern, staff is helpful and friendly. Location is very quiet and I did love that lush garden... BUT. We did book a deluxe room and got a damp superior room with the connect-door to the other room which was deluxe but had the same problems as we did. Rooms really need renovation and some more light. The smell of the damp was awfull, hooks on the wall did fall when you put your towel on, shower didn´t work properly, once we woke up with the lights on (because of some problem with the switch), when the other of us two went to have a shower you could see the water running on the outside wall. I don´t think that a fourstar hotel should have these kind problems! Breakfast was ok, but not in the standard that I´ve used to in a four star hotel. Too little variety where to choose a healthy breakfast. If I had to go back to this hotel, I definately would pay MORE (perhaps too much, even now our holiday was very expensive and all we got was lousy damp room) to get a Adora room, I guess its newer and better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple