There should be a -100 rating for this. I'm only giving it one star because it won't let this review through otherwise.
Overbooking seems to be a common problem here. We arrived from the airport and presented our confirmation email for our 5 night stay. Staff told us they were full and had no rooms for us. They did not suggest any alternative or resolution until we prompted them to do so. Requests to see their manager was in vain, one lady told us the manager stepped out for lunch awhile, while another said the manager's offday was today.
All five of my family members stood around for 2 hours while the reception staff kept telling us they could not reach Hotel Club (our booking agency) and that their front desk phone could not make international calls (for us to call HotelClub ourselves). They spoke minimal English and trying to communicate our concerns and requirements was very difficult.
After a very frustrating long while, we had to eventually make the overseas phone call from our own mobile phone and basically settle their incompetence ourselves.
Eventually when they finally got their act together, they blamed it on Hotel Club not sending the reservation through, while HotelClub told us they overbooked themselves for the first two nights we were supposed to stay there.
The Cliff frontdesk people suggested staying elsewhere for the first two nights and coming back to stay with them for the remaining 3 nights. However we did not want to unpack and move around multiple times. The alternative accommodation they suggested and described as 'very beautiful' looked horrible on tripadvisor and had terrible reviews too.
It was an incredibly frustrating experience with The Cliff and their staff. Especially in a season where most hotels are full and a confirmation email and payment made a month in advance means nothing to The Cliff's management.
My advice is to go somewhere else and save yourself the heartache. Their focus is on profit at their convenience, not on the customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi