First of all, i would like to start off by saying that my partner and i booked the Cliff Ao Nang resort as a three day treat to ourselves after staying in budget accommodation in Bangkok and Phuket. However, from the minute we arrived, things started to go down hill very quickly. The drink we received upon arrival was nothing short of foul tasting. We then were taken to our room. And that is exactly what it was... a tiny tiny room. The room was extremely dark and had an overwhelming smell of mould. Within five minutes of being in the room i was bitten at least three times by the mosquitos flying everywhere (There was a mosquito net for the bed but it was pointless as there were large holes in it everywhere). Not able to handle the overpowering stench of the musky mould or the mosquitos, we decided to order lunch and retreat out onto our not so private porch. after twenty mins, our food arrived and we began to eat. After a few minutes, i looked down at the ground (and thank god i did) and saw a huge two metre snake about thirty centimetres away from me! We immediately alerted staff and after about ten minutes of trying to communicate to them what the problem was they said everything was fine and that they would handle it. My partner and i then waited at least twenty mins before someone unenthusiastically came over to inspect the snake. They finally removed it and we retreated back inside. The next day we spent some time by the pool. Trying to relax, we were continuously interrupted by a woman that was sweeping the pool area over and over again (there was nothing to sweep)! There were even several instances where she would come right up to you and start sweeping right under our deck chairs while we were reading/ sun baking. The pool is also right next to the reception desk so we constantly were hearing the chatter and laughing of the staff. This was a real shame because otherwise, the pool area would have been quite a nice relaxing spot. By the third day, i felt so sick and heavy chested from the repulsive and overwhelming smell of mould in our room (i can not stress enough how bad the mould smell was) that me and my partner would do anything just to stay out of the room. Overall, this place was extremely run down and not well kept (there was rubbish everywhere in our outdoor showering area) and we found the staff not very welcoming. This was a real shame because we received much better facilities and service at our budget accommodation in Bangkok and Phuket. My partner and myself are not fussy people but we did not have a nice experience and the facilities are nowhere near the standard of the price that they are charging. We would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi