I just got back from Krabi 3 night stay at this hotel. So here is my review :
This hotel is situated at the first part of ao nang town before Mcdonalds. It is hidden in between a few shops on the left hand side if you are coming from the airport. The beach is approximately about 15mins-20mins walk depending how fast you walk and it isn't near. I woudn't say this is bad but it encourages you to walk and see all the shops available. I walk up and down every night to have dinner and see the stalls. If you don't like walking and you want to be right smack in the happening area, this isn't the hotel for you.
On the other side, if you like isolated hotel and quiet this is the place for you. It comprises only 20 bungalow or i call them Villas and 1 suite. A small pool, bar and restaurant. That's just it. There isn't any fancy reception counter or gym etc. It is a simple accomodation with personalized service.
5 star for fast internet services. I stayed in a couple of 5 stars hotels and they charge internet separately. This hotel gives you free wireless in your room and is pretty fast. So bring along your ipad. But if you do not have your own device, do not worry there's a desktop pc at the bar which is in working condition as i tested it myself.
Housekeeping / Front Desk
Now, check in and out was pretty easy and no hassle. We were greeted with cold towels and a drink. Pretty good and staff is friendly and approachable. No issues for me here. But take note that the reception is open until 10pm only. There only be security after that. So if you have anything you need, make sure you do it before 10pm.
The juicy part, well the room are pretty small but nicely decorated. The bed is quite comfortable. The room comes with a safe, 2 bathrobe, 2 slippers and proper toiletries. A minibar and a tv is also included in it even though there wasn't any channel showing EPL Chelsea vs Manchester United or any liverpool games. TV programmes are a little dull for me as most channels were in Thai.
Bathroom is an outdoor concept. It is nicely decorated and clean. I have no major complains only that the water pressure for the rain shower is a little low and therefor we had some problems with the heating. It turns off and on by itself. This is one of the reason i didin't give it a 5 star. Then we had our bathroom light faulty which the housekeeping quickly took care of it when we came back. Good response time. ! kudos!
If you like privacy in shower, I can't say the same for this bathroom as it's open concept and that means your next door neighbour is on as well and what ever you do can be heard from the next bathroom. So just becareful here.
As this is a small hotel, they do not serve buffet breakfast. They only have 3 options for breakfast and you need to let them know the night before for the next day. We were given Oriental, Western and Local breakfast. All comes with fruit, coffee or tea and juices. I took the western breakfast and to me it's sufficient and no complains. The best part is, you get the option to let them bring food to your room and you can have it outside of your room. We did this but there was once they woke us up an hour early to what we requested. But no bigge. My wife and I are very happy.
If you like personalized, small and quiet villas, this is the place for you with affordable prices
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi