Pavilion Queen's Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewswooden swingao nang beachgrand old ladybefore boarding the busbooking counterhuge balconiesthai cuisinessea viewswimming poolveg itemsstreet food vendorsfront office managertop floorbreakfast is servedmin walk to the beachlong tail boatshuttle service
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights in january and I thought that this hotel was fine. The deluxe rooms are a good size and have great views of the sunset. The location is fine, being a short tuk tuk journey to ao nang beach and the places where you can get to the other islands. The room service was fine but was a bit pricey as was the resturant at the hotel. There are some very nice resturants close to the hotel and I would particlarly recomend Carnivore which was fantastic, it is a good idea to book a table when you go here. All in all a good hotel but make sure that you get a good deal, I was about 30 pound sterling a night which I thought was ok but I would not want to pay anymore than that.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Make no mistake, this hotel is a wonderful old lady with grand old staircases sweeping up to the first floor with an open aspect to the start of the swimming pool, which extends over several levels. The grandeur continues in the room, which has a lovely big balcony and good air conditioning, with very nice, large, marbled bathrooms. The Wi-Fi is good in reception but it is annoying to have to pay in the rooms. The breakfast area on the roof terrace is marvellous & we found the breakfasts to be world class, with exceptional quality food and fruits, while you admire the sea view of Aonang.

We were only disappointed on one count and that was with the attitude of one receptionist towards the free shuttle from the airport, because we had booked seven nights. Check online if this deal is current for 5+ nights,, because it is a big saving. However the receptionist felt we should be paying 700 baht each way and emailed us to confirm this charge two nights before we arrived. This charge was never clarified during our stay and it was only after a week that this was finally resolved by the charming front office manager who confirmed that there would be in fact be no charge as per their contract booking. We found this to be a disappointing aspect of the holiday, because it had not been resolved on arrival and it took one whole week to resolve, when we should have been enjoying our holiday.

The situation of the hotel is good, although it is a bit of a walk to the beach area. The restaurant is good, but not frequented very well by guests. There are plenty of restaurants close by which offer cheaper and different food.

All in all, this is a very good hotel with grand credentials, and it was an enjoyable stay. But do check the transport well in advance and don't let them charge you for it if it is supposed to be free. Although it did not affect our stay, much decor is tired on the exterior and the lift carpet is pretty awful, but then they need to get their service better so people go back. After all there ARE other properties. It needs sharper management.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank archiescat
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Everyone is quick to slack this hotel off but please hear me out. If you want to pay £65+ a night then go to the mercure and enjoy a clean Hilton like room with a very small but stylish pool and very little atmosphere ( we stayed there for 3 nights before this hotel), but in a budget and for a short amount of time this hotel is great! Yes it's old, and yes it is in need of a full face lift but its still hot something about it. We didn't like our first room, we contacted reception and they moved us straight away to a bigger room with a nice view for Jo extra charge. It wasn't great but wasp not £26 a night so I excepted that it was going to be a little less than perfect... In brief...

Staff the best we've seen, very helpful and super smiley... Felt very welcome

Rooms below standees and would benefit from a bloody good clean and a luck of paint

Restaurant was on the 6th floor and have the best views of the sunset in the area... They should make more of this... Stunning, and yes a little expensive but worth it because of that view

Pool was nice but the sun beds must of been built when the hotel was and need replacing.

Spooky....yes! Creepy....a little but we felt safe and it was good fun.

Off to a posh hotel now for a couple nights to remember what it feels like, hope you enjoy

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank puffer12
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A sense of humor will help when staying here! It is run down but it was like staying in a palace, it was amazing. We got balcony rooms with stunning views and very spacious. I agree with other reviews for this place amazing but run down. We felt it would be a great set for Agatha Chritie or Stephen King and had fun exploring the place, lots of grand unused rooms and spaces. the pools were beautiful and clean. The staff were friendly and smiled a lot. We got a good discount on our rooms, wouldn't want to pay full price and would also advise that eating, drinking or doing you laundry there will blow your budget! We found great cheap food and laundry just down the road. 5 minute walk down hill to beach, shops and restaurants, no problem for people of average fitness. Food carts at bottom of the hill were beautiful and very cheap.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for balcony room 3rd or 4th floor really worth it, views were great, some of the cheaper rooms are almost in the dungeon! The Spa had 50% when I went there making it similar price to other places, it was beautiful but full price would be expensive, I suspect it may always be 50% off, if not ask!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AliceSprings11
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've just read the titles of the previous 3 reviews, "Creepy", "Old, filthy", & "It should be a 2 star". These were also my exact thoughts on my visit in January. Coming from a "real" 4 star in Bangkok (for the same price I might add) to this supposed 4 star - more like a 2 1/2 star - I was disappointed as soon as I was shown my room

The first thing I noticed. in my corner room was the musty smell. My clothes also acquired the smell after a day in the cupboards & hanging on racks. The bathroom shower head had holes in it so every time I had a shower jets of water went in all directions. The bath looked so grimy & uninviting I chose not to have one. The tv had 4 disappointing English channels. The air conditioning did work well thankfully

The whole place is indeed creepy at night & needs a total refurbishment. The disparity between the pretty photos on the Hotels website & reality in incredible

The pools are a saving grace. That's the only positive I can give. On further inspection I noticed all the wiring for the pools lights had been cut off so there are no pool lights when things get dark. There's even a light for the pool attached to a column overlooking the pool that had exploded in the past & left a huge black mark on the column. Did they bother repairing it? No!

This Hotel made me sad.