“The Perfect Thai Food Experience”

Ton Ma Yom Thai Food Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 330 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at Leela Valley, Aonang Soi.11 Near Aonang MiTi Resort. Small Thaifood restaurant, Table reservation should be make before visiting. Operating Time:8.00Am.-2.00Pm. And 5.00Pm.-9.30Pm. Monday closed. Break time between 2.00Pm.-5.00Pm.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This quaint little restaurant is tucked away in an off-the-beaten-path area in Leelavalley. I took a brief tuktuk ride for 60 baht from the beach area. I was probably the first customer for the day, and I was psyched . I got myself their well-raved Tom Yum, their Pad Thai and a glass of fresh watermelon shake. I was asked to choose from different spicy levels, and I chose the spiciest. I realized just how evolved my palate has become. I used to have very little tolerance for spicy food, but now, I'd actually have to eat the chili or get really a lot of it in my food for me to declare it "spicy." My very spicy tom yum, for me, was at the medium level. My Pad Thai was a bit too sweet for me, but still tasty. The sweetness pretty much leveled off my Tom Yum's heat. The watermelon shake was cool and refreshing. I also got their banana in coco milk dessert, which wasn't bad either. My bill amounted to 260+, which I must say is very much worth every baht. Meanwhile, the staff were very friendly and prompt; and the place, although small, was very well taken care of.

In sum, Ton Ma Yom didn't disappoint. It was everything what I imagined my authentic Thai food would be.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

You won be disappointed.

Stayed in ao nang for nearly 2 weeks and everytime was delicious.

Great staff.
Reasonable prices(of course you can find pad thai for 45 baht down the road)
Tasty food.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

So glad we make the trip to try out the food. Would love to eat there more often during my next visit to krabi!

1  Thank Sheryl C
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Braved a thunderstorm to get to this place as it was so highly rated on Tripadvisor, hoping for some authentic local non-touristy Thai food, but when we arrived, all we saw were tourists.

The food is not bad, and the price is reasonable, but it is in a pretty secluded area, not very easily accessible. I would give this place a miss next time - no big deal.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The place is wonderful! We had sooooo much delicious thai food (incluing see food, fish, chicken, curry and soups!) and unbelivebly good fruit shakes (mango, lichi and watermelon are amazing). For the huge meal for 3 people (including 2 drinks/person) we paid 1100 baths (about 40$). Bu as I said, we ordered a lot of see food, including king shrimps and 6 drinks. If you don't want see food and just want to eat good thai food most of the dishes costs about 100-150 baths (3-5$). If you stay or visit Ao Nang you have to eat there a meal. But remember about making reservation at least 1 day before (restaurant is very small and very popular). :)