“Confronting - A Must”

Gold Coast, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Confronting - A Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Awesome experience watching 20 odd kg kids belting each other up, its a national sport here and you need to get past that and accept it for what it is.
We were allowed into the ring prior to the fights and they even let my mate Matty ring the bell, the people were great again

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Croix, France
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“True Thai Culture and spirit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have seen the sport on TV, heard of the atmosphere in the stadiums but never thought it would be soo addictive!
Going to my first fight was a cultural shock! Not that boxing has ever scared me, but it's the atmosphere and enthusiasm the public put's into the "show" that changes everything.
The betting on the contestants to the music and prayers before and during the fights!
The first time I saw children fight at the age of 10 to 14 years old was to me a shock. After talking to the fighters and people around me, I soon realized that it's deeply part of the Thai culture, understanding this, the shock was soon dissipated.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank James M
Ibiza
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Young boxers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I really enjoyed watching the boxing, though the boxers were quite young, younger than I thought.
plenty of seats, including sofas!
E]not far form Ao Nang either

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Amy T
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cheap Entertainment ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We got a ride from town for 100baht and paid 800baht each to get into the stadium. The stadium is quite run down with seats covers ripped etc. This isn't a flash corporate boxing event so ladies no need to dress up (the ones that did looked a bit uncomfortable) entertainment wise it was a good night and interesting to watch especially the locals betting and cheering for the favorites. Some of the first fights where young kids but I guess they start them young into this sport.

1 Thank Simon R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Should watch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Only held every friday. We bought tickets @ 800 baht each for Arena seating. We rode to the stadium although you can take the bus or tuk tuk. The matches were mostly teenagers and kids but the matches were good.

2 Thank Nur U