“Let me down”

The Dive Ao Nang
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you are thinking about travel in Thailand, then diving in Thailand is something you should try.The Dive Ao Nang is a quality minded PADI dive center in Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. As a diver, we will give you the best possible service and experience.We can offer you diving that is rich in marine life, corals and colors. Our Dive Trips are mainly around Koh Phi Phi, but we can also provide other locations, such as: Similans islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Meuang, Shark point and Ao Nang local islands.Our Courses are PADI dive courses, which is the most popular dive organisation in the world. With a PADI certification, you can dive anywhere in the world. The Dive Ao Nang Team speaks English, Thai, Danish and German.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I exchanged emails with the Dive for several days prior to our visit from KL, saying we wanted to dive on Friday/Saturday and Sunday and fly back on Monday (we had arranged the weekend off work). I was disappointed to turn up on Thursday evening as requested to "sign up" only to find we could be accomodated on Friday, but not Saturday and maybe Sunday. There is a no reservation policy apparently. A simple email earlier in the week to tell us this would have helped. We came across the Scuba Addicts shop near our hotel and got 3 consecutive days diving with them. In the end the dive sites were quite disappointing compared to Malaysia.

3  Thank Scotsmaninmalaysia
lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2014

Dear Scotsmaninmalaysia
Thank you very much for your time reviewed us.
We are sorry about the inconvenience that we were fully booked one of the three days you wished to dive with us. About the mail exchanged you definitely did not book your spaces during the high season period in Ao Nang.

We hope you will join us next time and please pre book your spaces so there will be no inconvenience for you in the future.

Best Regards

in 8 reviews
"boat trip"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Four of us did our PADI Open Water Dive Course with The Dive few weeks ago. It was a 3 days course but we did not manage to finish our online reading beforehand. The owner Liz was very helpful to lend us all the reading equipment (books, DVDs, even the DVD player as we didnt have it in our hostel) so that we could finish them off the night before. During the pool training, each of us had different issues but our instructor Shane was very passionate to help us overcome them one by one. A very big thank you for him for all his times, fun and passion. ^.^ For the dive site, we shared a boat with other operator. It was a double-storey boat, cosy and clean. The crews and other instructors were all very helpful and fun. We went to 4 dive sites around Phi Phi island, they were very beautiful with lots of fish and corals. I was lucky enough to encounter a baby shark while practicing underwater. =D It was a very memorable experience to all of us. Will choose The Dive again if come back to Krabi!

3  Thank seacolours
aonangcookie, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2014

Hi all 4.
Thank you for this great review, we are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you all got your Open Water Diver certification. Well done, remember to keep diving.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

This was my greatest experiences on my vacation in Thailand! :) We wanted to dive in our vacation and looked up The Dive on tripadvisor. I have never dived before, so i took the open water cource, the instructor I had was excellent (Thank you Nick!) After this we wanted to dive more, so we did advanced open water cource and fundives for the rest of our stay, 14 dives total! The dive sites are awesome :) The staff is very nice and helpful! Thank you Bjørn, Petra, Nick and Liz! :) Just great fun!

1  Thank Petter H

Hi Petter.

Thank you very much and awesome to see how you became better and better with your diving. Keep diving, we hope to see you here again for more diving.

Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited The Dive, after reading the reviews on trip advisor. And they were all true. Great warm velcom, and truly informative about what they could provide. My friend did the Open Water Course, and I did some fun dives. But we both ended up also taking the Advanced Open Water course. So we stayed in Ao Nang for 5 more days than planned. And could not have had a better time. Greater dives, dives sites, professional instructor's, god food and a really relaxed atmosphere all the way.

Thanks to Liz and Bjørn, and rest of the staff at The Dive. We'll be back!!!

Hi Glenn.

Thank you for your review, we are happy that you both enjoyed the diving and courses. We do hope to see you again for more great diving.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2014

Few months ago I was in desperade need of a Holiday and then I came across very cheap 2 week vacation to Ao Nang, Thailand and I took it. After paying for the vacation I started to look around for things to do in my destination. After some research I came across of multiple Dive ops as I love diving. The first one I contacted was the Dive. And few minutes after my first sent email I already got a response. Some time later I was convinced that this was the dive op that I was going to use and I had booked a liveaboard trip to Similans through them.

Finally on my first day in Ao Nang I walked to the office and met Bjorn. We got through all the paperwork and the next day I was picked up for a dive trip to Phi Phi islands.

On the my first 4 dive days I was guided by Liz. And after the liveaboard for the last 3 dive days I was guided by Bjorn. I enjoyed diving with both of these guys and also had fun time chatting with rest of the crew.

I was pleasantly surprised of the quality of Phi Phi dive sites. I really didn't have high expectations for them, but some of them were really good. Favourite dive site for me was the mushroom rock. There I saw leopard shark, octopus and 3 cuttlefish couples mating. I also liked Bida Nok, although I did it quite a few times, each time there were lots of new things to see. Too bad the conditions on the local Ao Nang dive sites were not that great, because of the rain, but I did enjoy the only dive I did there. On that dive I saw lots of crabs, shrimps and a Nurse Shark.

The stingray divers boat was good and the lunch was always tasty.

I would be more than happy to go back to dive with these guys.

1  Thank ErnoJ
aonangcookie, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2014

Hi Erno.

Thank you for your nice review and for diving with us, we hope to see you again for more diving, next time you are around.
Congratulation with your 100+ dives.

Bjørn.