“impressed by quality”

The Dive Ao Nang
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you are thinking about travel in Thailand, then diving in Thailand is something you should try.The Dive Ao Nang is a quality minded PADI dive center in Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. As a diver, we will give you the best possible service and experience.We can offer you diving that is rich in marine life, corals and colors. Our Dive Trips are mainly around Koh Phi Phi, but we can also provide other locations, such as: Similans islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Meuang, Shark point and Ao Nang local islands.Our Courses are PADI dive courses, which is the most popular dive organisation in the world. With a PADI certification, you can dive anywhere in the world. The Dive Ao Nang Team speaks English, Thai, Danish and German.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Liz, the owner of The Dive, taught me diving five years ago when he was still working as a freelance. Coming back to Ao Nang I learned that he is running his own shop now. So I booked some fun dives at his place...

And he runs his business the same way as he did when I got acquainted with him as my diving instructor years ago. A highly competent person with grace, affection and sensitivity for his customers. It is his love for diving and the marine life that make him a great guide in all possible areas concerning diving. He doesn't only demand quality and top standard concerning his equipment, but also from his staff. You will for sure be in best hands either booking a course or enjoying the dive sites by booking fun dives.

I will end with an appropriate quote by Aristophanes:
"Let each man exercise the art he knows"

Bernhard, Vienna Austria

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Bernhard B,
thank you very much for your review. We very appreciate your review.
We were glad to dive with you again this time and specially with my own company.
We very enjoyed the days with you above and underwater.
We hope to see you soon again.
Thank you again for your time to review The Dive Ao Nang.
Happy Bubbles

in 8 reviews
"boat trip"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I got to know about The Dive Ao Nang from its excellent ratings on TripAdvisor after deciding to do the Open Water Diver course in Krabi. The team at The Dive Ao Nang did not disappoint and its good ratings on TripAdvisor is fully deserved.

When we made inquiries at several dive shops in Krabi about the Open Water Diver Course, The Dive was very prompt in replying our emails. They were also very helpful with any information we needed. When we had not finished the PADI eLearning a few days before our scheduled diving dates, they sent us reminders to finish the eLearning material as soon as possible so that we could get the theory out of the way and spend more time doing the practicals.

July is considered a low season for diving, so almost all the dive shops indicated that they would allocate an instructor exclusively just for us (2 people). However, some shops charged extra for such "private teaching". The Dive did not, and throughout the course, we could feel that they were passionate divers who were more concerned about making sure that their students mastered the proper diving skills rather than merely running a business. Kudos to them on this point and I believe whether you are a beginner, amateur or professional diver, you would feel their professionalism and that you would definitely learn/experience something enriching just from diving with the team there.

As we were on holiday, the team at The Dive also tried to make us as comfortable as possible by offering pick up to and from our accommodation and by conducting the pool sessions right in our accommodation (we happened to have a pool in our accommodation, however even if you don't, you can count on them to arrange something fairly convenient).

Our instructor Peter is a very experienced diver and was very patient with us throughout the training (our first pool session was estimated to take 3 hours, we took nearly 7h =p). He made sure that we were confident in executing the diving skills correctly in the pool before diving in the sea. This made the sea dive less stressful and more enjoyable, and allowed us to have a little time to do short fun dives where he brought us to explore the ocean bed. He even accommodated our request to have photos taken underwater. He has also a good many stories to tell, and though we didn't get a chance to do so, I'm sure it would have been really interesting to spend an evening with him and the team over gin and rum.

In a nutshell, The Dive is the place to go for a fun, comprehensive and memorable diving training. For photography enthusiasts, Liz is also a very accomplished underwater photographer/videographer (I am particularly impressed by the smiling shark photo). I would definitely go back to The Dive if I am diving in Krabi again.

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear bball_ben
Thank you very much for your review. we appreciate your review.
Your review helps us improve our quality and service.
We also very enjoy the course with you. We hope we get you addicted to dive.
Thank you very much for your trust doing the course with us.
We hope to dive with you again soon.
Best regards
The Dive Ao Nang Team

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We walked in The Dive after having breakfast next door and just wanted some information about the OWC. After talking to Liz for a long time (and after comparing some other dive shops) we felt the passion these guys have for diving and they really cared about us. So we started our course and our instructor (Wilko) was a very good and experienced instructor and Mike (the DMT) was always good for a laugh. Everything was very well organized, the equipment is in a perfect condition and we always had water and food provided. We had a small group of 3 which was perfect to learn diving. We just want to say thank you for these amazing days we spent under water and above it :) We highly recommend to book your next diving trip here! We hopefully come back in August! see you soon!

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hi RuM3000

thank you for your review. Your review helps us improve our quality and services.
We are very glad to provide you and matched your needs in the green season.
We very enjoyed the course and the evening after diving day with you.

Please feel free to come back and dive with us anytime you come to Ao Nang.
We hope to dive with you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I had recently went for a short holiday in Krabi with the intention to do some diving around Phi Phi Island. After doing some online search, we decided to book a trip with The Dive Ao Nang, due to the positive reviews they received on this web page. We stated that we are open water certified divers and our last dive was about two years ago and that we prefer easy and relaxing dive sites over the more challenging ones.

The reply we got was very prompt and after a few email exchanges, we more or less sorted out what we needed to know. We walk in to their shop on arrival day and was greeted by Liz and his wife. After filling up forms, and doing the fitting for the BCD and fins, there was only one more thing to do, which was to confirm the dive boat for the following day (subjected to weather conditions and minimum no of divers(due to low season), as I was told). Later in the day, we received a message via watsapp from Liz to inform us that no boat is going to phi phi the following day(Saturday) but one boat is confirmed for Sunday.

It wasn’t such a big deal for us, as we were quick to make a decision to go to Railay beach the following day and to go diving on Sunday instead. So we went ahead to confirm our trip and paid some deposit.

We were pleased that the pick up on the trip day was very punctual, and that they allowed us to place our luggage in their shop for the entire day as we needed to check in to another hotel after the dive. Overall, the transfer from our resort to picking up customers from other resorts and dropping our baggage at their dive shop before heading to the port was done in a very efficient manner.

After we reached the port, we were required to ride on a long tail boat for about 5 minutes to get to the dive boat. There were drinks and refreshments provided on board. The ride was pretty bumpy due to choppy seawater but it got progressively better. Seasickness pills were offered to anyone who needed them.

During the journey, Nico (our divemaster) gave us the necessary briefing about the dive sites, the underwater life and review some basic handsignals before the dive. He also helped us identify the fish we spotted after our dives.

Our first dive was at Viking cave , and we did our second dive at Phi Phi lay( wall dive), both of which I found are pretty easy and enjoyable, with some interesting underwater life such as flounder, box fish, puffer, sea snakes, morays, cuttlefish, scorpion fish and different type of nudibranches .
During the first dive, my wife had problem descending due to insufficient weight and probably nervousness, but Nico quickly resolved the problem by adding additional weight and patiently assisting her to descend.
Overall I’m quite impressed with the level of service provided, and also their friendly and knowledgeable staff. I will not hesitate to recommend their service to anyone I know.

Hi Gan E.y

thank you for your review. We very appreciate this.
Your review helps us continue improve our service and quality to serve you and our customers.
We always try to use all the new technologie to stay connect with you and our customers. Do so we can provide our customers more comfort and more flexibilities in holidays.

We hope we will dive with you again soon.

Regards