“Best in the world..”

Krabitrek Day Tours
Ranked #16 of 45 Tours in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabitrek offer an online range of the best tours in and around Krabi. Kayaking, rock climbing, boat trips to the Islands, kayaking and inland sightseeing. We can arrange it all for you leaving you free to relax.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I started interacting with Mem almost a month before my trip.. she would reply to all my mails very promptly and patiently.. I was travelling with my 2 yrs old baby and all her advises were very good and after the trip I realize it helped me a lot..

She easily adjusted all my last minute changes.. really impressed with the quality of service.. People like these make thai tourism flourish. kudos.

i booked 2-way airport transfer, sunset kayaking, phi-phi island speedboat trip.. kept the hong island charter on hold becoz of the baby.

There are newer reviews for Krabitrek Day Tours

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked two tours with Krabitrek. Day one was a speedboat ride to Hong Island, day two was supposed to be an evening kayaking trip. I had high hopes considering how fluid the booking process was. I will admit that Mem was great in responding to our emails and confirming our trips. Unfortunately, the tour didn't go as fluidly as the booking process.

I'll start by saying that Krabitrek is a booking agent and not a tour operator. If you book with Krabitrek, you will likely be touring with an operator that you know nothing about. Had I realized this earlier, I would have booked directly with a tour operator.

On the morning of our tour we waited outside our hotel for someone to pick us up. We saw lots of other couples and families being picked up by their guides / rides. About 30 minutes after our pickup time, when we were the last ones still waiting, a giant bus pulled up. It was jammed packed with people. The driver came out announcing "Hong Island, Hong Island". We showed him our reservations slip, but he didn't have our names. After a few minutes of reviewing our reservation slip and his his reservation list, he finally told us just to get on the bus, so we did. We were surprised because he didn't seem to have ever heard of Krabitrek.

The confusion continued on the boat when the tour operator (who's name I don't remember) asked us to pay for the full balance of our two separate Krabi Trek tours, primarily because that was the balance shown on our reservation slip. We felt uncomfortable paying the full balance because we had no idea A. if we were with the right group, B. if we would be asked the next day to pay the balance of the second tour (the Hong Island operator was likely going to be different than the Kayaking operator). We spent the entire time on island 2 (which I'll explain later) going back and forth about how much we owed, what we had paid for, who we were supposed to pay and when we were supposed to pay it. It was kind of lame to be debating payment on an island where we were supposed to snorkeling. After a handful of phone calls, explanations, and misinformation, the tour operator accepted only the balance for the Hong Island tour. Everything went smoothly from there.

A few things about the Hong Island Tour:

1) We booked Hong Island because we wanted to spend most of our day in one place as opposed to going from place to place and spending 45 minutes at each one. Turns out the Hong Island tour (or at least our Hong Island tour) was a three island tour. The second island was where we were meant to snorkel. It was a very small overcrowded island, exactly what we were trying to avoid.

2) If the tide is low, your boat will not be able to enter the lagoon (one of the main selling points of the Hong Island tour). On our tour the tide was too low so we couldn't enter. Considering how often the boats go to Hong island, I would imagine that the operators know when the tides are high or low. Perhaps, if we didn't go to the first two islands we would have been able to enter the lagoon. Who knows?

3) Hong island looks like an ideal spot for snorkeling. Please note that the the bottom of the beach (right on the shore) is full of coral which makes it difficult to get into and dangerous to swim along. I got in and swam out a ways, but the visibility was very low and I couldn't see even my feet. Could be that the tide was kicking up sand. Just sharing my experience. Lots of people on this day had the same issue.

One good thing is that 99% of the folks on that packed bus we're going either to Phi Phi or one of the 4 island tours. This left us in a small and intimate group of about 7 people.

We ended up canceling the Kayaking trip for day two. Mem was apologetic and understood us wanting to cancel.

Krabitrek, Manager at Krabitrek Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I am sorry that the customer did not have a fantastic experience of our service.

Yes, we are an agent for many of the tours we offer, we also operate some trips. The operators we work with are all local companies that we have worked with for a long time and we believe that they give good service. The operator for the Hong Island speedboat trip is one we have worked with for many years and the guide on this day I know personally and know to be good and reliable.

The issue here was not the actual speedboat trip, but the fact that he was requested to pay for the second day trip to this guide. This is our standard policy and allows us to offer the flexible and competitive pricing that we offer.

The guide's first responsibility though is to his guests, they are on a tight schedule in the mornings so, their policy is to ensure that the tours first get started and then once everyone is under way, they can deal with any of these sorts of issues. As soon as they were all sorted on the trips, then he took the time to call up my partner so that they could discuss the payment for the second day tour, the evening kayaking.

We make a great effort to always explain the payment details clearly in all email prior to the trip and also on the booking confirmation and ask customers to check everything and if anything is not clear, to let us know so that we can explain. Perhaps the customer was just a bit confused why this situation was not dealt at the first pickup, but as I say, with lots of other customers eager to get on with their day trip, the guides are correct to put an issue that doesn't relate to that particular trip to one side rather than keep everyone waiting. I think most customers understand that this is the best way to deal with this sort of situation.

Happy to say though that it sounds like everything apart from the issue of payment for the following day, went smoothly.

I really am not quite sure why the customer thought the trip involved being on one beach all day as it is stated very clearly on the website that it is an Island hopping trip and clearly states exactly which Islands are visited on the day :)

We really do make a great effort to try and offer the right trip for every customer and if anyone mentions that they want a day on the beach, we will do our best to find just the right beach for them.

I do thank the customer though for the information about the sharp coral. I have not been there at a very low tide, so I will be adding this to the information on our website in the next day or so. If you have any doubts about tide heights, we do have a tide guide on our website with detailed information about tide heights for every day of 2014. If you have any trouble reading this information, just email us and we will be happy to check for you.

We are always happy to advise and discuss any concerns at any time.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Prior to going to Krabi, I came across all the positive feedback about Krabi Trek, so I thought I would not go wrong by booking my tours with them. Yes, I was right. Mem was fantastic in her responses to my queries, all my emails were replied in less than 24 hours. I booked 3 tours online, private chartered boat to 4 islands, private chartered boat to Hong Island including kayaking, and elephant trekking and Tiger Cave Temple.

During the tours, my family and I were never disappointed, the pick up was punctual, service was good, the driver and the the boat man were friendly and accommodating, and we had absolutely no complain at all. While at Ao Nang beach, we went to Krabi Trek's office (located at a shop called For Friends Travel, directly opposite the Tsunami warning tower) and we booked an extra activity from Krabi Trek, which was a half day rock climbing at Railay Beach. Again, it turn out fantastic.

Well, thank you Krabi Trek for making our trip a wonderful and successful one.

1  Thank kay n
Reviewed January 31, 2014

beatiful nature and scenery , clean, sea green beaches always studded with tourists. safe to swim and have fun. single , family tour, honeymoon tour, friends, bachelors- no problem, everybody can enjoy. snorkelling is must

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Trips advertised appear to be low compared to other sites, for same tours. Staff were excellent to deal with and responded quickly to any emails and questions. Very helpful and would recommend booking with them.