“KonTiki + good weather = excellent dive trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
Singapore, null, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“KonTiki + good weather = excellent dive trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Kon-Tiki (Krabi) team were professional and fun! Good guides and equipment... felt really safe the whole time. max 4 per instructor (but we had 2 guys with us). Their boats are bigger (than the rest), comfy and fast. Was a little worried as I havn't dived in a while but they made it really comfortable and fun. Malene (i think she runs the shop) was super nice and helpful. Had an awesome time at PP with Conny and team. Thanks! Easily the best part of my Krabi trip!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank weigoh

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Esbjerg, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip to Phi Phi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a great trip to Viking Cave and the Wall with very nice and friendly personal from Kon-Tiki. The boat was very good and the food was great too.
We can highly recommend Kon-Tiki if you are going diving or snorkeling out from Ao Nang.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stumbled upon the shop as I walked along the street from my hotel to Ao Nang beach. So I decided to go for a day trip since I haven't dived for a while. We were supposed to go to Phi Phi but they changed plan last minute due to some issues with the boat. I was a little disappointed but still decided to take the local dive. Diving was so so as visibility wasn't too good. But the company and great staff made up for it. They were professional & very cautious on safety, which I think it's the most important thing.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pegmiester
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great team, great boat, excellent day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a great day out with the Kon-Tiki dive team today. Very professional operation & a really lovely dive/boat crew. Well run, easy going, good food & an excellent boat - best I have been on in about ~20 dive trips in Thailand.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of my best dive experiences ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

These people are such a joy to dive with: incredibly professional, safe, knowledgeable and fun!! I was on vacation in Ao Nang and knew I wanted to dive, but had no plans yet. I saw their shop and stopped in to learn about their trips that week. Felicia, one of their instructors, told me all about their trips for that week, including what the dives each day might be like, what amenities the boat had, and which trips would also stop on shore. She showed me the various locations on the map, and was honest about which days would have the best visibility, what to expect to see, etc. And they still had space and were able to book me for a trip the next day, even though I walked into the shop at 7 pm!

The dive trip itself was absolutely perfect and fun, for a very reasonable price! They had all of our gear laid out and ready for us, and all of my rental equipment fit perfectly. Our dive groups were nice and small (no more than 4 people/dive master, although my groups were usually smaller!), and they briefed us beforehand on the locations and things we might see. Between dives, they changed all of our equipment for us and served us a great lunch!

The experience was so great that I went back that night and booked a second round for the next day! I was here during the low season, so things might have been a bit slower, but if you want to dive, I suggest just stopping in the shop, and odds are high they will be able to find a place for you in the next day or two! The diving itself was fairly good (lots of reef fishes, sponges and corals, some highlights like spotted rays and cuttlefish), but the visibility was a little lower because it was storm season. Still nice diving, so don't let that deter you if you happen to be in Ao Nang at that time!

These people are absolutely terrific! High quality.

1 Thank oceantraveler17