“Great dive team!”

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
“Great dive team!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just went out with Kristoffe and team today and had a very thorough PADI refresher near Phi Phi. The boat staff were very attentive, plenty of snacks and drinks, nice lunch, lots of space, sun and shade on board. Kristoffe was informative about the area, very helpful with the prep and kept a close eye on me in the water. The hired equipment was in great condition, overall the team were fantastic. The visibility was 3-5m with a strong current which is the only reason I could fault the day, not a reflection on these guys, I'd certainly go out again and try a different spot if the weather picked up. THANKS!

Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Well organised, professional instructors”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a great day out snorkeling around Phi Phi Island. The operator was professional and well organized, and the instructors really knew their stuff. We were fed well and look after throughout the day.
We were so impressed with the company that we booked a 'try dive' course two days later. I would recommend this company to anyone in the Ao Nang region - beginners snorkelers through to experienced divers.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joanna651
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely service!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We experienced a great service at Kon tiki, the premiun dive shop in Krabi. And can say so because we had the opportunity compare with others in town. Malene the local GM and friendly instructor eventually made room for the four of us on board Sunday's evening dive, correcting a mistaken cancellation of our bookings by the shop staff. It turned out to be the best day of our vacacation and an unforgettable dive day. The afternoon departure beats hands down all other shops that only offer early morning departures. It was the first ever night dive for my kids; the staff were very helpful and reassuring, the equipment always ready and the evening barbecue fantastic. The boat was small, for about 15 pax, but well equiped staffed and and maintained. Totally recommendable!

Visited April 2013
Nottingham
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went on the Ao Nang islands dive which was considerably cheaper than the other trips offered at £75 for the day. We set off at 8am and met their small dive boat (they have a bigger one for the other trips). It was great for an inexperienced diver like myself, there was me and one other person and our dive instructor, Chris. He talked us through the dive plan before each dive pointing out which fish to look out for. I did two dives but you could do three. All equipment is very good quality and the boat crew prepare your BCD and air tank. On each dive we saw loads of different types of fish and Chris hunted out some unusual species in the nooks and crannies below. Visibility on the day ranged from 1 metre to 15 metres depending on where we went.
I always felt very safe and the water was very warm being 28 degrees at 18 metres below.
i would recommend the Ao Nang island dive as there was only 7 of us on the boat in all and the only dive boat at any of the islands that we stopped at which meant no other boats were around scaring away the fish.
Food was included and was delicious, all soft drinks were ice cold and free and they are PADI registered. All in all a fantastic day out returning about 3pm

Visited March 2013
Fairfield, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“diving in Thailand”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been diving for 30 years, but my last dive was 10 years ago in Hawaii. I took a 4 hour refresher course prior to this dive. We did a two dive trip from this tour group to Phi Phi islands. This is the best tour group I have ever gone with. They had you fill the paperwork out the night before, so we were able to get on the boat with no worries. They shuttled us from our hotel to the long boat, then to the dive boat. The group was professional with safety the top priority. Tessa was our dive master and she was great! Can not say enough good things about her. She fitted us for our equipment, went over the dive site and how we would swim the dive and what we could expect to see. All of the diver masters were friendly and professional. For someone who hadn't dove in a while, it was everything I could have wanted. Best dive group in Krabi. Would always go back to them.

Visited March 2013