“Fantastic day out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
Nottingham
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went on the Ao Nang islands dive which was considerably cheaper than the other trips offered at £75 for the day. We set off at 8am and met their small dive boat (they have a bigger one for the other trips). It was great for an inexperienced diver like myself, there was me and one other person and our dive instructor, Chris. He talked us through the dive plan before each dive pointing out which fish to look out for. I did two dives but you could do three. All equipment is very good quality and the boat crew prepare your BCD and air tank. On each dive we saw loads of different types of fish and Chris hunted out some unusual species in the nooks and crannies below. Visibility on the day ranged from 1 metre to 15 metres depending on where we went.
I always felt very safe and the water was very warm being 28 degrees at 18 metres below.
i would recommend the Ao Nang island dive as there was only 7 of us on the boat in all and the only dive boat at any of the islands that we stopped at which meant no other boats were around scaring away the fish.
Food was included and was delicious, all soft drinks were ice cold and free and they are PADI registered. All in all a fantastic day out returning about 3pm

Visited March 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Fairfield, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“diving in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been diving for 30 years, but my last dive was 10 years ago in Hawaii. I took a 4 hour refresher course prior to this dive. We did a two dive trip from this tour group to Phi Phi islands. This is the best tour group I have ever gone with. They had you fill the paperwork out the night before, so we were able to get on the boat with no worries. They shuttled us from our hotel to the long boat, then to the dive boat. The group was professional with safety the top priority. Tessa was our dive master and she was great! Can not say enough good things about her. She fitted us for our equipment, went over the dive site and how we would swim the dive and what we could expect to see. All of the diver masters were friendly and professional. For someone who hadn't dove in a while, it was everything I could have wanted. Best dive group in Krabi. Would always go back to them.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jjbalella
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good Diving operation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went on a extensive day of 3 dives in Phi Phi Wall, Hin Bida and Viking Bay. The operation is very provisional, and the team is good fun.

The big boat is also very accommodating, with the scuba on deck and a chill-out area on the top deck with loads of drinks, food and fruit throughout the day.

The team advised well, on a nitrox, as there was no point instead took a larger tank 15lt. Each dive was 60min, was fun and relaxing thanks to Linn, who really was superb with the briefing, the dive and the after dive sum up.

Over all we had great viability 15-20m, seem most fish and leopard Shark in Hin Bida, barracudas, turtles, eels and so on.

It was a great 12 hour day. Last thing is we were about 25 on the boat, and it was comfortable as all of us were scuba. Sometimes they take the trip for shopping in Phi Phi and snorkel can be like 50 people, i would try to avoid these days.

Visited April 2013
Finland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Shark Point, Bida Islands and Koh Haa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Definitely best diving in Ao Nang. Special Thanks to the crew Conny, Magne, Linn, Therese and of course Jessica in the shop. Cannot wish for better way to spend a hot day in Thailand!

Visited January 2013
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“failed to live up to ecpectations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

this operator has an outlet at the sheraton krabi - they advertise pool try dives for children from aged 8 on a daily basis. Twice we turned up for our boys to try this, but on both occaisions we were told that they had a course oing on and werent doing the try dives. On the second occaisions this was particularly annoying as we had pre-arranged it the previuos day and come along specially. Our boys were understandably v disappointed.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mattyandco
Kon-Tiki T, Owner at Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear mattyandco,

First of all, please let me apologize again for your disappointing experience.

As I wrote to you privately a few hours after your review was posted, my staff had been trying to find out your name and room number the whole morning at the resort, as I would have liked to personally talk to you to express our apologies and try to compensate you for this disappointing experience. I then sent you a private message here on TA asking you to please contact me asap, either on my private mobile phone number or email (both given to you).
Unfortunately you had already checked out and left Krabi, as you later informed me by return message.

Like I then told you I can very much relate to the disappointment of your boys as a father of two young kids myself (8 & 7 years), and for this we are truly sorry. As a company who puts smiles on many thousands of guests faces every year, and provides them with memories for life, this is truly something that we take serious. We are here to inspire people, and obviously we feel terrible about our miserable failure to do so in your case.

We very much appreciate and encourage all feedback we receive, good as bad, as this is the only way for us to know what we do good and what we need to improve on. Regarding your unfortunate incident, I immediately afterwards requested a meeting with my Management team for Kon-Tiki Krabi to go over the current routines and setups we had at Sheraton Krabi, in order to make sure that this kind of situation does not occur again. As this incident was due to an internal communication error between members of our staff, please rest assured that measures have already been taken to prevent any future guests at Sheraton from experiencing any similar disappointment.

And my offer that I sent to you still stands: If you in the future would be travelling to any of our destinations in southern Thailand again (Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi, Koh Lanta), do please send me an email as I would like to invite you and (in particular) your boys to one of our trips to get a chance to show you what Kon-Tiki is really about, and how we should (and normally do) treat our guests.

With kind regards,