“Feel safe while having fun”

Kon-Tiki Krabi Diving & Snorkeling Center - Krabi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is the only 5 Star PADI IDC Instructor Development Center & Green Star operator in Krabi with several prestigious awards for our commitment to the environment. We hold the highest standards in regards to safety, quality and variety. We have operated in Thailand since 1989 and you will find us in Phuket, Khao Lak, Krabi and Koh Lanta.Every day we offer snorkeling tours for the entire family with professional snorkeling guides to help you get the most out of your snorkeling adventure. While snorkeling gives you a great chance to explore the ocean, the corals and marine life, there is really nothing that beats putting on SCUBA gear and experience the Andaman Sea from below! We offer a full range of PADI courses as well as diving tours every day to Ao Nang Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Shark Point Sanctuary, Koh Haa Yai and Hin Deang/Hin Muang.At our retail store you can find a great selection of diving- and snorkeling equipment. Here, you can also enquire about our tours and courses with our friendly and helpful staff. We promise to teach you something on every trip you take with us. We are open every day from 9 am til 9 pm, 9:00 to 21:00. For more information, please visit our shop.
Kuopio, Finland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Feel safe while having fun”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my wife have used the services of Kon-Tiki Krabi during all our trips to Krabi. Activities have varied from snorkeling trips to intro dives and finally to PADI OWD course. Every time we have been well looked after, and always felt safe when out in the water.

Personnel has always been helpful and attentive, they answer questions also via email actively and help you get the most out of your holiday.

Same thing again this year. Two pre-booked dive trips, two great dive masters and two enjoyable days in the sea.

I certainly could recommendKon-Tiki Krabi for everyone interested in having a great time!

Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Barcelona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best I have found in Thailand!!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Today I dove off Phi Phi with Kon Tiki! They were amazing! Without a doubt the best I have gone diving with in Thailand! I have been to more than 20 different centers around Thailand over the last 8 years! These guys are great! The team is friendly and fun while still keeping safety a top priority. I only dive with PADI 5 Star centers after too many bad experiences and these guys really proved today that that is a wise choice! One of the divers in my group had an incident (nobody was hurt) and our dive guide was excellent!! (Jordan!) He performed professionally and quickly and turned what could have been a bad situation into a fun dive for all!

Overall, this is a great operation in my mind! Professional fun crew. Boat is standard dive boat for thailand! Food is good! One of the really special aspects of the Phi Phi dive is that we got to leave the boat for an hour and explore Phi Phi. Normally you spend the whole day on the boat!

I will definitely come back here and definitely recommend this company to friends!!

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good crew”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Amazing crew, very polite, professional and fun. They set up your equipment for you, they provide awesome lunch on the boat and it's an amazing way to see Krabi beautiful scenery.

We dove at Shark's point, not a bad dive, however, there aren't any sharks, apparently they all moved out of the area due to divers. We were suppose to dive at Shark's point and Anemone reef, but one of the divers lost an very expensive camera while diving, so we went back to look for it... we never found it.

We were diving with another couple who were doing 6 dives in 3 days. They had all good things to say about them.

recommended.

Melbourne, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“The best way to experience diving for the first time”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

On our recent visit to Krabi we completed a Discover Scuba dive day with Kon-Tiki, our friends decided to complete their open water certificate which they thoroughly enjoyed. Even though we had no prior experience with scuba diving our instructor Felicia was fantastic, she explained the safety procedures clearly and ensured we understood what we were doing before we got anywhere near the water. Once we got in the water Felicia's instruction and control was exactly what I needed as It took a little getting used to before I was comfortable with having my oxygen source strapped to my back and the surface so far away. Felicia and Juha were able to get our group of four all together so we could all experience the amazing underwater scenery and sea life which was incredible despite our very different competencies. Overall the team at Kon-Tiki were fantastic, the dive location (Bida Noi and Bida Nok) was great and we all felt very safe at all times, A very enjoyable experience.

Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Team!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

After having a terrible experience trying to get my open water dive certification here in Australian with AUSI (a dive agency) my other half and I decided we would do our PADI open water certificate instead whilst we were in Krabi.

I'm glad we did.

We spent hours looking for dive schools we would feel comfortable with employing to teach us this sport and finally decided on Kon-Tiki and I'm so glad we chose them! They were easy to deal with from the start. They were friendly in their emails and nothing was too much trouble.

Maleena was super prompt in her reply to our many and varied and probably strange questions and we felt at ease with them right away. We were able to complete the written component online (which was really easy to use - though it will take a few days!)

We were picked up on day 1 of our 3 day course where we were taken to one of their teaching rooms where we met our crazy Finnish Instructor Juha and were given a short quiz to ensure that our knowledge of SCUBA didn't have any big gaps and talked about how the course would be run over the next few days.

We then headed to their pool where we went through the skills and gained a better competency of our prior knowledge from our previous course. This was thoroughly enjoyable and made more so through Juha and his constant joking around.

The second day of our course we did 2 dives about an hour or so from Ao Nang at Koh Ya Wa Sam and Koh See. Although visibility wasn't the greatest, there was still stunning scenery to be seen, and with a sunset BBQ on the boat cooked by the Thai Crew - it was a day to remember!

Our 3rd day of the course we visted the Phi Phi Island group of Islands where we dived at Koh Bida Nok and Koh Bida Nai for our final certification dives. Visibility was INCREDIBLE!

We saw scorpion fish, lion fish, cornet fish, cuttlefish and a billion other types - no sharks (though if you listen to Juha - they are always behind you!) Our friends were with us on this dive doing an Introduction to Scuba (no qualification needed just good health) and had a fabulous instructor with them the whole time who took her time to teach them hand signals, and point out interesting species of fish.

This team of crazy Scandinavians are professional, wonderful, caring, thoughtful and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to embark on a hobby as a SCUBA diver.

They have many years of experience between them (Juha has thousands and thousands of dives under his (weight) belt) and are a wealth of knowledge.

You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank BlackCatsAngel