“Too many people”

Aonang Speed Boat Tour
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I don't think that you could do any worse then this company. The guides were OK, the big problem is that they pack far far too many people on the boat. I would not have minded paying a bit more in order to not have has such close quarters. Felt like th DMV......

1  Thank 805Ian
"tour company"
"private tour"
"lek"

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I appreciate this trip because you visited two islands more. Three of them are connected in time of ebb by sandy paths. Koh Poda is name of first island and snorkeling there is very good, clear watter and many all colours different fishes. Very interesting is Chicken island with stone tower which looks like chicken neck and head. Last stop was on side of Ao Nang coast and Pranang caves are interesting. You can swimm partly under cover of cave with limestone stalactite. In this place is possibility to climb on stone wall around or doing bouldering on cave walls.
Disadvantage of this trip is very strong sunshine whole daytime.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I agree with past reviews, that the boat is way too crowded. For me that ruined the whole experience. I would prefer to pay more to go on a less crowded boat.

I think our choice in the tours was poor and the boat went to all the popular spots, and to beaches where you could hardly move. The scenery was fantastic, although we couldn't see much from the boat as we were sitting down low in the boat like sardines.

The buffet lunch was pretty crappy, consisting of a choice of three plates, and we were herded like cattle into a prison style lunch room. My partner was very sick the next day and I had diarrhea.

Near the end of the tour the crew hit everyone up for tips before driving us back, so we felt obligated to tip, although there was no service on the boat, just a bossy tour guide who had the best seat on the boat.

Overall, I would not recommend any speed boat tours as they all pack as many people as possible on the boat.

1  Thank Lucy T
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went for the Hong island tour and had a nice time. The boat 'captain' chup chup was very friendly and helpful. Very sweet and a nicely conducted tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from Krabi and we did the 4 islands all day boat trip and snorkeling to phi phi don , phi phi le etc. Overall it was a nice day, but they really packed way too many people into the boat so the 2 hrs. or so ride in the boat was very crowded and uncomfortable. You get to see nice sights at the 4 islands and the two snorkeling sites are pretty good, not great, but overall it was an ok day. The lunch was really bad, so my wife was pretty hungry due to she could not eat it. The price is also very high, like $75 p/p so pretty much the only good thing are the sights and the snorkeling. I don't think I would recommend this trip and I would not go on it again. Instead I would hire a longboat from Krabi Or Phuket and go on a smaller trip by yourself to one or two of the islands and pay way less money.