“Lovely vacation with my 3yo kid”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #14 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely vacation with my 3yo kid”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

31st July to 2nd Aug 2014
I love it because my kid enjoyed it very much
There is a holiday village next to the hotel. But not fully occupy yet.
- massage, couple of food stall, clothings shop and Pharmacy.

Room
========
spacious, comfy.
Room tiles rather slippery when its wet (from pool to toilet, walk slowly,)
Safe - new and good condition
No dressing table, The only mirror is in the toilet. but i dont mind.

hotel staff
=========
Lovely!.. Friendly and courteous.
Speak simple english. Always simley.

Indoor playground
=============
Lovely. Big enough to accomodate at least 20 kids with comfortable space.
Cater to both young kids and older kids
Young kids will love the indoor ball-pools with slide
Older kids has X-box or play-station games.
The centre has activities filled schedule for the kids

====
Not to our liking. Their Thai-food doest taste like those available in Bangkok.
Lucky they serve fried egg and plain rice, my 3yr old survive on that for 3D2N.
Adult survived fish and chips type of food.
There are 24hr convinvence shop infront of hotel, sell cup noodles but all spicy. So, if u are looking for non-spicy ones, bring your own.

Transport
========
Hotel has bicycle, you can rent. 5min ride to the near by town where there is restuarant, fast food(burger king) or even Haigen diaz and movenpick.
Tuk tuk everywhere. very convienient.
Their 20min is about 30min, road in poor condtion, hence very bumpy.
If your child has motion sickness, suggest you to feed some medication.
My kid vomitted after a 30min ride +_+"

Weekend market
=============
Only available on evenings on Friday to Sunday. about 30-40mins ride
700baht 2way. Rates from the outside tuk tuk.
Small scale night market. can finish within 1.5hrs.
You can find delicious local food there compare to the hotel or nearby.
But no proper sit down place to eat.
No nearby restaurant too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank daandda1717
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.
I really was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your and family stay with us. I had shared in details your fabulous comments with all the team. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Elyes Ben Brahim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Cross the road and u r on the beach, visited this hotel in November 2013. Very nice hotel with the new wing jus being completed. Amazing water rides in the new wing however all rooms in the Old wing (though it is not old) open up into the swimming pool ' seriously :) . We were travelling with my 10 months old kid and the hotel staff was more than happy to upgrade my room to the top category free of charge on the top floor , what a view of the sunset from the terrace. Breakfast at the restaurant is awsome day after day with plenty of live options to choose from. They have a nice travel desk offering day tours at reasonable price.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I really was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I had shared in details your comments with all the team and noted all your comments. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Krabi in the near future.

Bergen
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We traveled with a 15 month old boy and chose this hotel first of all because of the child friendly pool areas and rooms. It did indeed meet our expectations, the kids pool with all the slides had shallow water and are perfect for children all ages, the pool next to it had an area only about 20cm deep and perfect for our boy to crawl around in. The poolbar played hitmusic all day long, it didn't bother us too much but it would be nice with a few moments of silence during the stay (we could hear the music in our room as well).

We stayed in a kids suite which had separate bedroom and "livingroom", perfect for us as our boy went to bed before us. We stayed on third floor and had a big balcony, the pool access rooms would probably be better suited for older children that knows when to keep away from the water. The only thing I could point a finger on in the room was that it wasn't any hooks or shelfs to hang or put stuff on, travelling with children you have a lot of stash with you and we had trouble putting it away when there was no where to store it (like wet clothes, bag of dirty laundry, babyfood etc), that would definitively be easy for the management to install.

The breakfast was good with decent selection; egg and bacon, bread, cheese and ham, yoghurt, cereals, fruit and warm thai food.

The staff was very friendly and they love children. Especially the employees at the kids club did a great job and was really commited to their work.

It was not walking distance to Ao Nang, but only 5 minutes with Tuk Tuk, they charged 30 baht per person. But there was a few good restaurants within walking distance so it's not necessary to leave the area every night.

Overall, if you have kids any age this would be a great stay, if you are travelling without children I would probably consider other hotels that are "less busy" with children ;)

Room Tip: Choose pool view rooms, the so called garden view is only facing the back of the hotel looking over...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your family trip back home went very well. It's really great to start my day with a fabulous feedback like yours. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your family stay experience on TripAdvisor.

Singapore
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Location: Good and private, just approx 20mins to Ao Nang.

Rooms: clean and spacious! Room had everything as well (i.e: ironing board, hair dryer, cable tv, wifi etc)

Service: was informed that we were upgraded to the Pool View room upon arrival. However, it was a pity that we had 2 bad experiences with their service staff.
1. Their spa was fully booked and couldn't accommodate us 4 on their available date (max they could take 3 pax). So we asked for a recommendation for other spas. She said every hotel has a spa (duh yes I know of course) but in the end she said "I don't know." We had to google ourselves to make our own local calls (which were chargeable btw). The other spa we called was full as well but recommended another spa. They even arranged transport and booked for us.

2. It was 10.38pm and I called room service to request for 2 buckets of ice. Their reply was "our room service closes at 10.30pm". I mean like seriously? Holiday Inn can't spare like 2 buckets of ice after 8 minutes from their knock off time? I was seriously pissed and explained to her for a period of time. In the end they eventually made the delivery.

Breakfast: expensive for the kind of spread. I'll rather eat at Sheraton Krabi. Was staying there the other time I was there.

Overall we were happy with the rooms but the service kinda sucked if you ask me.

Stayed July 2014
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. Very happy to read your kind feedback, that I have shared in details with all team. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

London
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here as part of our holiday to Asia.
Approximately 2 weeks before our holiday I found out that a part of the hotel was undergoing renovation so naturally I became a little apprehensive.
The reservations team put me at ease though and they were right.
It is only one wing that is under construction with one of the pools but none of the rooms are currently being assigned in that area. Where the other wing / rooms are, you won't hear or smell a thing. The renovation should be finished by the 6th of August I was told so most of you won't be affected by it anyway.

What I really really liked here was the fact that they clearly trust their guests.
I wasn't asked for credit card details upon check in and of course I paid all my outstanding bills when I checked out. This is how it should be and I am glad that in Thailand it can still be like this. We experienced the same hospitality at Ao Nang beach with the massages and drinks you took. Nobody chases you around for money all the time, you spend the day there and you pay for all you used and experienced before you leave. Everyone happy!

Anyway, back to the hotel... We booked the poolview rooms and to be honest I am glad we did as towards the back of the hotel is a little river / creek and can only imagine the amount of mosquitos that fly there, that it would be quite uncomfortable to sit on the balcony without an unbeatable repellent.

The rooms were of a good size, with large balconies, safe, walk in rain shower (no bath tub), very comfortable beds, air-conditioning, large ceiling fan, minibar (with decent prices) and they came with plug in's against the mosquitos. There was also a special netting in front of the door to the balcony for people that like sleeping with the doors open without being eaten alive by these critters.

The breakfast was ok, I liked the special cold room in which the juices, fruits, yoghurts and cold meats are kept, just wish other guests would close it after they're done there, as otherwise what's the point?

As for the pools, it really wasn't busy when we went and plenty of empty deckchairs all day long. The pools were big and especially the children pools is wicked for the kids with slides for children of all ages.

We had the dinner buffet on one night and while the buffet was limited in choice, the unlimited bbq food and drinks (including beer, wine and whisky) made it more then worth it and we had an amazingly good evening.

Overall, I would sooooooooooo come back here... It was a relaxing stay with all I could have hoped for and more. Staff super friendly from housekeeping to reception and bars.

Room Tip: I really wouldn't go for a "garden" view, simply because of the mosquitos. The rooms w...
3 Thank dutchboy81
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the sunny Ao Nang beach and hope your trip back home went very well. It's really wonderful to start my day with a fabulous feedback like yours. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your fantastic feedback on TripAdvisor.

Levanger, Norway
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Overall a good hotel to stay at close to Krabi Town.

The hotel is right by the beach, and there are also many opportunities for shopping groceries and clothes nearby.

The resort offers 2 big pools with bars, and other activities for children.

The best experience at this hotel was the restaurants, as they serve great food, and the staff was really nice.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Holiday Inn, Krabi is undoubtedly the best hotel in the area. Well it is technically located across the road from Nopparat Thara beach. The hotel has a lovely "open" ambiance. Rooms are very spacey with an individual balcony. The maintenance, cleanliness and service lives up to the Holiday Inn brand in every way.

It is conveniently located at a 10 mins walk from the main market. A tuk-tuk would charge about 30 bahts to the market. The hotel is surrounded by local tour operators, convenience stores, massage parlours and restaurants (including an excellent beach restaurant right across). It is therefore away from the hustle, yet located near all the happening places.

Food is excellent. The hotel serves sumptuous breakfast, overlooking the beach.

Has a 2 pools and an island bar, pretty neat.

The only minor glitch in the otherwise excellent service was that they forgot to give us a wake-up call when we had requested one, in order to catch a flight.

Airport is about 40 mins away from the hotel.

Overall, loved every bit of our stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 1. Hotel is renovating, avoid getting a room in that wing. 2. Krabi has NO HOTELS that are "o...
1 Thank raindrops777